Best Since 2008. Unemployment Plunges To 5.9% As The Us Adds 248,000 Jobs

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
Yee haw!

Just in time for the elections. Nice job President Obama!

Unemployment falls to lowest level since July 2008 MSNBC

The U.S. economy added 248,000 jobs in September, and the unemployment rate fell to 5.9%—the lowest level since July 2008.

The job gains were significantly stronger than expected last month, with growth in health care, food services, construction, and professional and business services.

Just a month away from the midterm elections, Democrats have seized upon the sub-6% unemployment rate as another sign that the economy is on the rebound under their watch.

You know, after the American Revolution there were Colonists who went back to England wondering WHY anyone would revolt against the crown.

OP would have been one of those.

Nope. The real figure is 12.6 and thats from Forbes.
Tackling The Real Unemployment Rate 12.6 - Forbes

No need to thank Obama for something thats fake like that 5.6 figures thats floating out there.

Read it and weep pal. 5.9% unemployment rate and falling as we speak! The only question now is how far will the unemployment fall before Obama leaves office?

Is this country great, or what?

No need to thank Obama for something thats fake like that 5.6 figures thats floating out there.

Read it and weep pal. 5.9% unemployment rate and falling as we speak! The only question now is how far will the unemployment fall before Obama leaves office?

This country is royally fucked. Read the linked Forbes article. And the labor force "participation" rate is the lowest in decades.

You're a typical 47%'er who will forever refuse to accept facts and continue to praise the almighty massiah president from... who know where. :dunno:

We really needed another thread where some ignorant knee padder declares the economy is great and ignores all the evidence that UE is lower mostly because people arent looking for work.

This country is royally fucked. Read the linked Forbes article. And the labor force "participation" rate is the lowest in decades.

You're a typical 47%'er who will forever refuse to accept facts and continue to praise the almighty massiah president from... who know where. :dunno:

You fags & your bogus labor-force participation rate farce.

By BLS definitions, the labor-force is the following: "Included are persons 16 years of age and older residing in the 50 States and the District of Columbia who are not inmates of institutions (for example, penal and mental facilities, homes for the aged), and who are not on active duty in the Armed Forces."

Bush threw a huge percent of the population in jail or military & his labor-force participation still rate sucked when those were excluded. Obama reduced incarceration rate, prison populations & people in military. These people people were not counted in Bush's available labor-force but are thrown back into Obama's. Plus the workforce is getting older & peak numbers of baby boomers are turning age 65 & retiring during Obama's entire term, but still are counted in the available labor-force.

Looking purely at number employed vs size of population age 15 to 64, Obama is kicking hell out of every president except Clinton.
working_age.png

Last edited:
If you don't know that these are Government figures from the BLS that is controlled by the executive branch yet, then you deserve to be crushed Nov 4th.

If you don't know that these are Government figures from the BLS that is controlled by the executive branch yet, then you deserve to be crushed Nov 4th.

Ooooh! - Another conspiracy nut-job! I guess that damn Kenyan born whitehouse occupier faking immigration & economic numbers who ordered a Benghazi stand-down must be crushed? :lol:

Ooooh! - Another conspiracy nut-job! I guess that damn Kenyan born whitehouse occupier faking immigration & economic numbers who ordered a Benghazi stand-down must be crushed? :lol:

Wow another minority who's thinking is controlled by the liberal left. What a surprise! sarcasm.

Wow another minority who's thinking is controlled by the liberal left. What a surprise! sarcasm.
:link: Show a link to the liberal left source controlling my thinking publishing any of what I posted.:link: I'll be waiting wacko nut-job!

By the way I am not a minority. I'm a blue eyed blond hair white country boy born in the USA

:link: Show a link to the liberal left source controlling my thinking publishing any of what I posted.:link: I'll be waiting wacko nut-job!

By the way I am not a minority. I'm a blue eyed blond hair white country boy born in the USA

and gay, right? Come on be honest...

Let's see, I called Mr.H a Fag in my first post in this thread. :lol:

I don't like most gays or blacks. But unlike you idiots I refuse to oppress them. Keeping them down puts them on the tax payer dole making us tax payers their slave. I am way smarter than you retards who want to work harder to keep them from supporting themselves reaching their full productive tax paying potential.

Let's see, I called Mr.H a Fag in my first post in this thread. :lol:

I don't like most gays or blacks. But unlike you idiots I refuse to oppress them. Keeping them down puts them on the tax payer dole making us tax payers their slave. I am way smarter than you retards who want to work harder to keep them from supporting themselves reaching their full productive tax paying potential.

I know you got to fit in somehow... What a better way then that? Look I don't oppress gays. Now come on be honest with yourself. Just admit it..

Here we go

Here we go again, another Right-wing rag telling us that the U-6 rate is now suddenly the "real" unemployment rate after using the U-3 rate for Republican presidents. And then fabricating their own number on top of it. Forbes' own link showed the U-6 rate for the July 2014 month the article referred to as 12.2%, but Forbes jacked it up to 12.6% simply because as CON$ervatives they love to lie and they know the Right is too stupid to catch them.

u-6.jpg

Here we go...
How do you spin this?

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
Seasonally Adjusted
Series title: (Seas) Labor Force Participation Rate
Labor force status: Civilian labor force participation rate
Type of data: Percent or rate
latest_numbers_LNS11300000_2004_2014_all_period_M09_data.gif
You fags & your queer bogus labor-force participation rate farce.

By BLS definitions, the labor-force is the following: "Included are persons 16 years of age and older residing in the 50 States and the District of Columbia who are not inmates of institutions (for example, penal and mental facilities, homes for the aged), and who are not on active duty in the Armed Forces."

Bush threw a huge percent of the population in jail or military & his labor-force participation still rate sucked when those were excluded. Obama reduced incarceration rate, prison populations & people in military. These people people were not counted in Bush's available labor-force but are thrown back into Obama's. Plus the workforce is getting older & peak numbers of baby boomers are turning age 65 & retiring during Obama's entire term, but still are counted in the available labor-force.

Looking purely at number employed vs size of population age 15 to 64, Obama is kicking hell out of every president except Clinton.
working_age.png

Forum List

Back