Best Protest on Obamacare in History: Ted Cruz will talk until he drops

He'll talk till 1 pm est tomorrow max, because this isn't actually a filibuster and he's not actually preventing any vote.

So...congrats on being super gullible and thinking Cruz is doing something more than loving the sound of his own voice?

Cruz wasting congress's time and taxpayer dollars all over a PR stunt to pander to the radical right for his 2016 presidential run. What an asshat.

[MENTION=42689]The2ndAmendment[/MENTION]

Hey! Were you calling radio shows last night? I could swear I heard your dopey voice get taught a lesson by Alan Combes.

Cool.

What news are the folks in Texas waking up to this morning?

Obamacare premiums projected to be lower than expected - The Dallas Morning News
WASHINGTON — Beginning Oct. 1, uninsured Dallas-area consumers will have a choice of 43 private health plans priced lower than expected under the online federal exchange of the Affordable Care Act, officials announced Tuesday.

The details — which insurers are offering plans, for instance — won’t be available until the exchange opens. According to a brief report from the Obama administration about the premiums companies plan to charge, however, a Dallas-area family of four making $50,000 a year could pay as little as $26 a month for health insurance once federal tax credits are applied.

First details released of Obamacare plans in Texas - Houston Chronicle
Residents of the Houston area and Texas will have dozens of insurance plans from which to choose when marketplaces under the Affordable Care Act open Tuesday - with the average monthly premium costing as little as $52 for a family of four.

A report released Wednesday by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services gives uninsured Houstonians and Texans the biggest glimpse into what they might pay for health coverage. However, Obama administration officials still won't identify the insurers or reveal plan details until the marketplaces actually open.

Report: Obamacare health insurance will have affordable rates - Fort Worth Star Telegram
WASHINGTON — In spite of concerns about “sticker shock,” rates for individual coverage on the new health insurance marketplaces appear to be lower than expected in most states due mainly to robust competition among insurers, the Obama administration reported Wednesday.

With prices all but finalized in most states, a new report by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services found that monthly premiums in 47 states and the District of Columbia, on average, will be 16 percent lower next year than the Congressional Budget Office projected they would be in 2016 – when the marketplaces are at full capacity.

Premiums unveiled for health overhaul plans - mySanAntonio
"One surprise is Texas," said Larry Levitt of the Kaiser Family Foundation. "That is a state that has put up roadblocks to implementation, but the premiums there are below average."

Keep it up, Teddy!

Green eggs and what a ham is Ted Cruz.

Comparing Americans getting healthcare to 6 million Jews being exterminated.

And get this, Cruz and Harry Reid negotiated this ahead of time. Cruz will quit at noon today so the Senate could vote.

Worse, Cruz is wearing sneakers. Black sneakers. I'm guessing to keep his footsies comfortable.

Are these idiots watching Fox new AGAIN? Finally, for the first time in their lives, many Republicans will be getting health care. And they are too stupid to understand.

Cool.

What news are the folks in Texas waking up to this morning?

Obamacare premiums projected to be lower than expected - The Dallas Morning News
WASHINGTON — Beginning Oct. 1, uninsured Dallas-area consumers will have a choice of 43 private health plans priced lower than expected under the online federal exchange of the Affordable Care Act, officials announced Tuesday.

The details — which insurers are offering plans, for instance — won’t be available until the exchange opens. According to a brief report from the Obama administration about the premiums companies plan to charge, however, a Dallas-area family of four making $50,000 a year could pay as little as $26 a month for health insurance once federal tax credits are applied.

First details released of Obamacare plans in Texas - Houston Chronicle
Residents of the Houston area and Texas will have dozens of insurance plans from which to choose when marketplaces under the Affordable Care Act open Tuesday - with the average monthly premium costing as little as $52 for a family of four.

A report released Wednesday by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services gives uninsured Houstonians and Texans the biggest glimpse into what they might pay for health coverage. However, Obama administration officials still won't identify the insurers or reveal plan details until the marketplaces actually open.

Report: Obamacare health insurance will have affordable rates - Fort Worth Star Telegram
WASHINGTON — In spite of concerns about “sticker shock,” rates for individual coverage on the new health insurance marketplaces appear to be lower than expected in most states due mainly to robust competition among insurers, the Obama administration reported Wednesday.

With prices all but finalized in most states, a new report by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services found that monthly premiums in 47 states and the District of Columbia, on average, will be 16 percent lower next year than the Congressional Budget Office projected they would be in 2016 – when the marketplaces are at full capacity.

Premiums unveiled for health overhaul plans - mySanAntonio
"One surprise is Texas," said Larry Levitt of the Kaiser Family Foundation. "That is a state that has put up roadblocks to implementation, but the premiums there are below average."

Keep it up, Teddy!

My God you're stupid.

Let me get this straight, obozo's HHS comes out with a report that contradicts every other government estimate and the media parrots their messiah and you believe them?

Of course you do.

The far right reactionaries' bedwetting antics will be over by the weekend, as We the People tell the far right reactionaries and libertarians that "No, you don't get just once more".

I'm calling Ted Cruz's bluff here. This wasn't even a filibuster, but a political stunt to drum up support for a possible presidential run. It served literally no purpose whatsoever. All the Republicans can get angry at me if they want to, but I deal in reality, not delusion.

Let me get this straight, obozo's HHS comes out with a report that contradicts every other government estimate and the media parrots their messiah and you believe them?

These aren't estimates. These are premiums of plans that go on sale next Tuesday.

It turns out the estimates were much higher than the premiums actually are.

I'm calling Ted Cruz's bluff here. This wasn't even a filibuster, but a political stunt to drum up support for a possible presidential run. It served literally no purpose whatsoever. All the Republicans can get angry at me if they want to, but I deal in reality, not delusion.

It's easy to reach that conclusion. He can't do anything to delay the inevitable vote.

I still applaud him for his stunt. If he makes a run at the WH, I'm all for it. If we don't get a hard core right wing president after we're finally rid of the moonbat messiah there's no way we're going to see the leftist damage reversed, or even see the leftist buearucrats removed from their offices.

A "moderate" republicrat will do nothing to repair what the democrook party has done in the last 7 years with their RINO cohorts.

These aren't estimates. These are premiums of plans that go on sale next Tuesday.

And you believe these rates won't rise?

I actually hope you're right. I hope this obortion isn't the giant slobbering monster everyone on the right insists it will be. I still think it's optimistic to think it will be half as good as you think, and half as bad as I think.

I've never seen a government program improve anything. I have never seen a government bureaucracy solve a problem, thus putting themselves out of a job.

Last edited:
Other than make Cruz look like an attention whore, what does this prove?
It is not a true filibuster, it will not delay any vote in the Senate, it is a giant waste of time and energy.
Just as Obama care is wrong for the nation, Cruz's wannabe filibuster is wrong for the nation.
Both do more harm than good.

Other than make Cruz look like an attention whore, what does this prove?
It is not a true filibuster, it will not delay any vote in the Senate, it is a giant waste of time and energy.
Just as Obama care is wrong for the nation, Cruz's wannabe filibuster is wrong for the nation.
Both do more harm than good.
Actually, it is accomplishing a few things.

I'll give you a few days to figure out what.

And you believe these rates won't rise?

By Tuesday?

In a few weeks, maybe months, what difference does it make if the projections of %500+ an increase are even half right? Furthermore do you believe the information thta comes out of the WH? You probably didn't believe a word the Bush admin said, but you'll take some propaganda from the obozo regime as gospel?

I'll never understand how some people can be so zealously devoted to political whores that they believe anything they say with that level certainty.

Forum List

Back