What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best musician we lost too soon

elvis

Rookie
Reaction score
Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon. tough to put one over the other.

OP
B

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Understandable.

I have only heard one Hendrix song. I know he is revered. You probably know which is the only one I know. What one song by him would you recommend.

elvis

Rookie
Reaction score

Understandable.

I have only heard one Hendrix song. I know he is revered. You probably know which is the only one I know. What one song by him would you recommend.

Just buy the whole Are You Experienced album. Start there. If you're talking about buying songs individually, buy all of them from that album, and listen in order.

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Reaction score
Just buy the whole Are You Experienced album. Start there. If you're talking about buying songs individually, buy all of them from that album, and listen in order.

That and Electric Ladyland.

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Reaction score
I'd have to go with either Hendrix or Coltrane. Both of them had so much more to contribute.

OP
B

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Understandable.

He could neither read nor write music.

Looks like I need to dust off my ... shit. Where do you download music online, I mean what software do I need?

elvis

Rookie
Reaction score
Understandable.

He could neither read nor write music.

Looks like I need to dust off my ... shit. Where do you download music online, I mean what software do I need?

ask Modbert. I still have CD's. :lol:

elvis

Rookie
Reaction score
of course then we have John Bonham, Keith Moon, Jim Morrison, Freddie Mercury.

uscitizen

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHxnjBqz_kY&feature=fvst]iConcerts - Jeff Beck - Scatterbrain (live) - YouTube[/ame]

elvis

Rookie
Reaction score
and Janis Joplin.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
B

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was deeply saddened by the passing of Maurice Gibb.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=786LJgLiyG8]Man In The Middle by Maurice Gibb - YouTube[/ame]

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Reaction score
Have to agree with RadiomanATL's pick of SRV.

On a personal note I'd add Jerry Garcia. Yeah, I know he had a long and briefly extended life. However, I gave up tickets to see the Dead on one of their last tours and so never got to see them (with JG) as he died soon after. Just naively assumed they were going to be around forever.

Saw B.B. King the next chance I got so that would not happen again. Seen Bob Dylan five times for the same reason though just 3 times were after Jerry's death.

Cool topic! :clap2: Not morbid at all. :tongue:

elvis

Rookie
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCY63CluNcI&feature=fvst]Elvis Presley Fame And Fortune. - YouTube[/ame]

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$280.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List