Best Long Term Route for the GOP and the Country?

Grace Is Stoked

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2019
What will ultimately be best long term for the Republican Party? Is it Trump winning reelection or Trump losing reelection?

In my personal opinion, and i'm admittedly not a registered Republican, I think that Trump losing reelection would ultimately yield be a better long term result for the Republican Party than winning reelection this year would. Trump is arguably the most polarizing president in generations in my opinion and if he were to lose and then there be a four year gap without Trump's very brash personality and polarizing impact you could then see the party move back towards a more moderate path, especially if the Democratic Party tries too hard for the next four years to change the country too far to the left. I think eight years without a Republican president would ultimately be the best long term scenario for the GOP since by then most of the Trump style of Republicans would possibly no longer be as relevant or in office anymore and would then make room for younger generations of elected officials with potentially less polarizing views and personalities that could appeal to independents alike. I also personally think that Trump losing reelection would be the best thing for the country in the short term since it would begin to create some healing, and then in four years being able to start fresh with a new roster of potential candidates on both sides would be ideal since most likely Biden would be a one term president due to age and/or health.

Just my thoughts and opinion.

Trump is the most lied about President in history, he faces the lies every day from the Media who too easily snooker a lot of leftists into hating him. The lies are deliberate, which means they should be sued for Sedition.

Yes he does have a loudmouth, but he was that way for decades before he got elected. A lot of liberals used to hang around him, not bothered by his big mouth, but when he announced his run for the White House, they suddenly turn away from him, make lies about him and follow the hate Trump media.

He got elected in part because the leftist party sucked so bad, they put an ugly lying health failing bitch onto to the leftist ticked. That is how bad America has become for leaders.....

The best thing for the GOP is to stop placing party over country.
The left's total lack of self-awareness rears it's heinously ugly head again.

Oh, and....

STFUdonnyjpg.jpg

Trump is arguably the most polarizing president in generations in my opinion...

I guess you were in a coma from 2009-16.

I think it could be relatively safely argued that Obama's first term was not nearly as polarizing as Trumps has been.

Not long ago, many people used to find politics boring. With Trump in office, there's a significant less amount of apolitical people. Most people are listening to what is happening. Just about everyone has an opinion about what's going on and the person in charge, good or bad.

This is reflected in the 2018 midterm election results where both sides came to vote. If we look at the popular vote in the House, we see that Republicans had a big gain of 27% from the previous midterm election. Democrats, however, had a YUGE gain of 70%. That's unheard of. I looked back several decades and I've never seen an increase like that. Trump is getting a lot of people into politics. And unfortunately for him and the Republican party, most people hate him. This is reflected not only in his approval rating but in the actual House vote totals.

Trump may have woken up a lot of voters who otherwise wouldn't have voted. This could be bad for the Republican party long-term. I think their best course of action from here, long-term, is to distance themselves from Trump. Pay close attention around here. After he's out of office, you're going to start to see right-wing media start to bash him and you will inevitably see the people around here follow. They'll treat Trump the same way they currently treat W, Romney, and McCain. They'll deny having supported him.

The way things are going, I expect him to lose in November. Long-term, that's probably good for the Republican party. I'm not totally confident in that - I think it's going to be close. It's going to come down to three states: Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. Trump won each of those by incredibly small margins and he appears to be losing control of them. If he loses them, he's done. Then you'll see the distancing begin.

I think it could be relatively safely argued that Obama's first term was not nearly as polarizing as Trumps has been.
No, that can't be said, safely or otherwise.

No, that can't be said, safely or otherwise.

They forget so easily, that racism claims and riots exploded under Obama, BLM and Antifa, came into existence under Obama.

What will ultimately be best long term for the Republican Party? Is it Trump winning reelection or Trump losing reelection?

In my personal opinion, and i'm admittedly not a registered Republican, I think that Trump losing reelection would ultimately yield be a better long term result for the Republican Party than winning reelection this year would. Trump is arguably the most polarizing president in generations in my opinion and if he were to lose and then there be a four year gap without Trump's very brash personality and polarizing impact you could then see the party move back towards a more moderate path, especially if the Democratic Party tries too hard for the next four years to change the country too far to the left. I think eight years without a Republican president would ultimately be the best long term scenario for the GOP since by then most of the Trump style of Republicans would possibly no longer be as relevant or in office anymore and would then make room for younger generations of elected officials with potentially less polarizing views and personalities that could appeal to independents alike. I also personally think that Trump losing reelection would be the best thing for the country in the short term since it would begin to create some healing, and then in four years being able to start fresh with a new roster of potential candidates on both sides would be ideal since most likely Biden would be a one term president due to age and/or health.

Just my thoughts and opinion.
The Democratic Party is a political cult based on hate and stealing.
Just look at some of the Corrupt Democratic Party's hate groups such as the Klan, Nation of Islam, Black Panthers, La Raza and the Muslim Brotherhood, and yet they claim to be the tolerant side.
The three largest Democrat run states CA, NY and IL have been loosing population to the point that they will lose congressional seats after the census.
The Democratic Party creates economic wastelands.
Their regressive policies drive the vital middle class out of their cities and states.
More and more Mainstream Voters will migrate to the GOP states to escape the Left Wing desolation, hate and violence.
The Democrat states are becoming unlivable third world cesspools of crime and corruption.

Forum List

Back