Best Line From Sanders Iowa Speech, That Nobody Can Disagree...

Someone will be along to defend the rights of billionaires to buy elections in five, four, three...

People (especially Americans) sometimes amaze me, and not in a good way. Idealism is fine within limits, but sooner or later, one has to come to terms with reality.

From the very beginning of time, there has been the "haves" and the "have nots". The vast majority exist within the realm of the latter. Rich people have ALWAYS been the determining factor in every facet of our lives. Politics are no different.

Tell me - you ever been hired for a job by a poor person? Didn't think so.

This old-assed dinosaur Sanders can claim anything he wants. But bullshit runs deep with politicians. Frankly, I want a hard-working person as a leader. NOT a man who has spent his entire life living off those he "supposedly" works for.

Someone will be along to defend the rights of billionaires to buy elections in five, four, three...
If you don't want billionaires buying the government, stop making so much product! Sanders wants more government, which is making more product.

You idiots are trying to cure the symptoms while feeding the disease.

There are two reasons someone donates to a candidate. They want favorable regulations or they want tax breaks.

If a government official does not have the power to provide gifts, then no one will give him money in exchange for favorable treatment.

Sanders wants to give government MORE power to provide gifts.

Figure it out, idiots! Stop making so much product!

If you don't want billionaires buying the government, stop making so much product! Sanders wants more government, which is making more product.

You idiots are trying to cure the symptoms while feeding the disease.
I think he's right about money, but he also believes in purple unicorns. He thinks more govt control is great, and corruption can be halted by not allowing people to spend money as they wish.

"The great object should be to combat the evil: 1. By establishing a political equality among all; 2. By witholding unnecessary opportunities from a few to increase the inequality of property by an immoderate, and especially an unmerited, accumulation of riches; 3. By the silent operation of laws which, without violating the rights of property, reduce extreme wealth towards a state of mediocrity and raise extreme indigence towards a state of comfort"
-- James Madison; from 'Parties' (1792)

People (especially Americans) sometimes amaze me, and not in a good way. Idealism is fine within limits, but sooner or later, one has to come to terms with reality.

From the very beginning of time, there has been the "haves" and the "have nots". The vast majority exist within the realm of the latter. Rich people have ALWAYS been the determining factor in every facet of our lives. Politics are no different.

This old-assed dinosaur Sanders can claim anything he wants. But bullshit runs deep with politicians. Frankly, I want a hard-working person as a leader. NOT a man who has spent his entire life living off those he "supposedly" works for.

Hmm, so rich people come from space, like gods, and give us jobs... how holly of them...

Thats a fairy tale, like santa clause coming to your home at night and bringing you presents.

Rich people are made by the hard working people of this country, going out there and buying whatever ideas or products they may have had.

Economy is a cycle which can be studied by science, not a godly rich people religion that you obey...

Post #3 and #5, right on cue.

Funny, I didn't see your post proving me wrong.....

That you're happy to let someone with multiple times your income buy the candidates of their choice who will control significant portions of your life? You were quite clear about that.

No sonny, I'm not happy about it, but if you think it's ever going to change, then you should head to the land of Oz, because you're not living in reality.

Sorry, that's the real world we live in.

That you're happy to let someone with multiple times your income buy the candidates of their choice who will control significant portions of your life? You were quite clear about that.

No sonny, I'm not happy about it, but if you think it's ever going to change, then you should head to the land of Oz, because you're not living in reality.

Yep, can't change a thing. Give my regards to King George.

Hmm, so rich people come from space, like gods, and give us jobs... how holly of them...

Thats a fairy tale, like santa clause coming to your home at night and bringing you presents.

Rich people are made by the hard working people of this country, going out there and buying whatever ideas or products they may have had.

Economy is a cycle which can be studied by science, not a godly rich people religion that you obey...

I'll ask you once more. You ever been hired for a job by a poor person?

You'd do better getting your head out of the clouds and forget everything your communist professors taught you - and you willingly soped up.

Exactly. The founders of this country (all rich men) left England as traitors to come to this country. Your point?

I'll ask you once more. You ever been hired for a job by a poor person?

You'd do better getting your head out of the clouds and forget everything your communist professors taught you - and you willingly soped up.

Steve Jobs was not wealthy... And hired in the thousands...

Exactly. The founders of this country (all rich men) left England as traitors to come to this country. Your point?

Not the founders of the USA in this universe, Neo.

In yours they apparently sat around muttering "You can't change anything. Just pay your tribute to Fat George and have another cup of tea...it's all hopeless, anyway."

Forum List

Back