Best Horror Flick is............

Silence of the Lambs

For unassuming, meek Anthony Hopkins to stand perfectly straight with his arms at his side and just terrorize an audience based on what he is saying was one of the greatest horror performances of all time

Silence of the Lambs

For unassuming, meek Anthony Hopkins to stand perfectly straight with his arms at his side and just terrorize an audience based on what he is saying was one of the greatest horror performances of all time

The scariest part of Silence of the Lambs was Buffalo Bill dancing nude...lol. Great movie.

Halloween (the original with Jamie Lee Curtis).

The series got stupid after that, and just relied on blood, and violence to "scare" the viewers, but the original Halloween was all about suspense, not gory at all, and was very Hitchcockish in it's delivery. Too bad the rest of the series, and other awful copy-cat series (Jason movies), over shadow just how great and groundbreaking the first Halloween was.

Last edited:
GOP meets THE EVIL OBAMA

6a00d83451af9f69e201157159b4be970b-320wi

Is Alien considered a horror film? If so, that would be it for me. Then Jaws. To this day, I am still afraid of sharks.

Last edited:
Have you seen Vampires? The one with James Woods?

Why is it the vampires are always euro trash types. That is what I didnt like about Woods version of vampires.

I cant remember the one in alaska but same thing. Days of dark something or another.

Last edited:
Only going off what I seen not what I heard (why Halloween, Psycho and Invasion of Body Snatchers is not on the list).

Night of the Living Dead (org and remake, I am one of the few who like the remake better)
Dawn of Dead (Org and Remake)
28 Days Later (Weeks also)
Zombieland
Evil Dead 2
Army of Darkness
(Yep I'm a Zombie movie fan)
Aliens
Alien
Predator I
The Thing
Nighmare on Elm Street (1 and 3)
The Fly
Silence of the Lambs
Carrier
Jaws
Tex CS Masscre
Exocrcist
Misery
People Under the Stairs (I love this movie, I might be one of the few that calls it an alltime great horror movie)

Only going off what I seen not what I heard (why Halloween, Psycho and Invasion of Body Snatchers is not on the list).

Night of the Living Dead (org and remake, I am one of the few who like the remake better)
Dawn of Dead (Org and Remake)
28 Days Later (Weeks also)
Zombieland
Evil Dead 2
Army of Darkness
(Yep I'm a Zombie movie fan)
Aliens
Alien
Predator I
The Thing
Nighmare on Elm Street (1 and 3)
The Fly
Silence of the Lambs
Carrier
Jaws
Tex CS Masscre
Exocrcist
Misery
People Under the Stairs (I love this movie, I might be one of the few that calls it an alltime great horror movie)

I forgot to list People Under the Stairs I love that movie I saw it the first time when I was 9, I thought it was scarey as hell at the time!

George Romero is a genius. The Zombie master, Night of the living dead, Day of the dead, Dawn of the dead, and Land of the dead. Masterpieces all.
Night of the Living Dead is a master-piece created genre of great movies and kick ass new series - Walking Dead. Dawn of the Dead one upped it. Both remakes were awesome.

However, Land of the Dead was a dud! It blew. I like the part of seeing humanity in the aftermath somewhat stabilize. But everything after that was garbage

Last edited:
George Romero is a genius. The Zombie master, Night of the living dead, Day of the dead, Dawn of the dead, and Land of the dead. Masterpieces all.
Night of the Living Dead is a master-piece created genre of great movies and kick ass new series - Walking Dead. Dawn of the Dead one upped it. Both remakes were awesome.

However, Land of the Dead was a dud! It blew. I like the part of see humanity in the aftermath somewhat stabilize. But everything after that was garbage

They blew it with Land of the Dead, they had an opportunity with that movie but they blew it.

Is Alien considered a horror film? If so, that would be it for me. Then Jaws. To this day, I am still afraid of sharks.

Is Alien a horror movie? :eek: Um yea! An alien monster killing people and scaring the shit out of everyone in the threater! I think so.

However, as good as Alien was and it was great, I have to say Aliens was better. Kind of like Godfather and Godfather 2.

However, if I had to pick just one horror flick and that is tough one. Its the original Dawn of the Dead!

When I was younger ... The Creature From The Black Lagoon - 8mm, no sound - freaked me out.

But pound for pound now - The House on Haunted Hill, Jeepers Creepers - couldn't finish The Hills Have Eyes. Ugh. They took the baby and the movie got turned off.

Original or remake?

Jeepers Creepers...I'll second that one. :50:

Is Alien a horror movie? :eek: Um yea! An alien monster killing people and scaring the shit out of everyone in the threater! I think so.

However, as good as Alien was and it was great, I have to say Aliens was better. Kind of like Godfather and Godfather 2.

However, if I had to pick just one horror flick and that is tough one. Its the original Dawn of the Dead!

While I can agree that Aliens was better than Alien, I only consider the first one a horror. The second movie was sci-fi action.

I heard one guy say Twilight was one of his favorite scarey movies.

I will admit I am one who liked the series! Call me gay, but I thought the first one was well crafted and the 2nd and 3rd were entertaining, even if they lacked a decent plot (esp the 2nd one).

I heard one guy say Twilight was one of his favorite scarey movies.

I will admit I am one who liked the series! Call me gay, but I thought the first one was well crafted and the 2nd and 3rd were entertaining, even if they lacked a decent plot (esp the 2nd one).

I liked it as well, but I would not put it in the category of a horror film. Its a romance. Okay now that I think about it, maybe that is why it is considered a horror film? :D

Immie

Forum List

Back