Best guitar solos of the 60's and 70's.

Yeah, I used to drink with Joe at the Miramar hotel in Montecito when his wife would get mad at him and throw him out of the house!

It was a pretty common occurrence! I hung around with Dennis Johnston of the Beach Boys too. His wife was a student of mine for a while.
Wow. I never met him but he was from Kent (KSU) just down the road from west Akron
where I grew up... I knew a guy like him in HS -- stoned constantly but he could get on stage and play Comfortably Numb, Zep and Rush tunes ....

We made friends with the janitor and he would let us sit in the bar as long as he was working, and we would talk politics, music, cars, whatever struck our fancy that night.

He is VERY smart.

Yeah, I used to drink with Joe at the Miramar hotel in Montecito when his wife would get mad at him and throw him out of the house!

It was a pretty common occurrence! I hung around with Dennis Johnston of the Beach Boys too. His wife was a student of mine for a while.
Wow. I never met him but he was from Kent (KSU) just down the road from west Akron
where I grew up... I knew a guy like him in HS -- stoned constantly but he could get on stage and play Comfortably Numb, Zep and Rush tunes ....

We made friends with the janitor and he would let us sit in the bar as long as he was working, and we would talk politics, music, cars, whatever struck our fancy that night.

He is VERY smart.
This was one of my first albums.
1601706577055.png

I'll start with 3 of my favorite classic rock solos.

Nothing before 1960 or after 1979 please.
Jimmy Page

Eddie Van Halen

Larry Carlton

KC and the Sunshine Band should pay Wild Cherry band members getting so much credit for that song.
:laugh:

It seems like a weird premonition that I posted a Van Halen song in this particular thread out of the blue last week, but I'm glad I did.

4:41.......Yes, I am on a Stones kick... So sue me!:rock:
Through the Past Darkly was a good one
* Paint it Black ( or was it on a re-released copy) also-- Street Fighting Man, Honky Tonk Women, Mother's Little Helper,...

It was on *Aftermath and released as a single.
With Jack Nitzsche on piano.

Last edited:
I can't believe no one has posted this masterpiece yet! Shame on all of you! Davey Johnstone from Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding The intro to Love starts at 5:34 and is one of the greatest power chords of all time! The solo is at 8:42.

And this one starts at the 2:20 mark. I like how westwall puts the time of the video to save time. Great idea!

I can't believe no one has posted this masterpiece yet! Shame on all of you! Davey Johnstone from Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding The intro to Love starts at 5:34 and is one of the greatest power chords of all time! The solo is at 8:42.

Ok, I am ashamed! That is a great solo!

Forum List

Back