Best Ablums... Yes, Ablums...

Frampton_Comes_Alive.jpg

Like Frampton or NOT...The Album was an ICON for the time...

I Collected Iron Maiden Ablums... Yes, Ablums, just for the Cover Art.

:)

peace...

Roger Dean was the artist who designed and produced the cover art for YES, Asia, GreenSlade and others. Here is a link to his sight you might enjoy. I was working on a tug boat in the Gulf many years ago and met a crusty old diver that was missing an ear, said a barracuda bit it off. I had a book of Dean's work and he said he saw the cover art from Yessongs under deep water in the North Atlantic.

Roger Dean: Welcome

Leftoverature and Point of Know Return....Kansas

And that would be THIS ALBUM...A Classic Work by KANSAS.

Kansas_-_Leftoverture.jpg

I'll Let you in on a little known Secret? (At least a secret in my iminent personal history)...

While being stationed in the US Air Force in the AZORES, I was treated to a USO Road Show that featured KANSAS, and among their repitoire, they intorduced a new album...And the Title track, which in itself was very forceful. I speak of the song "POWER".

I took it with me and introduced it to my fellow Airmen in my new Squardron at Charleston AFB, South Carolina, Home of the 437th MAW at the time. Which was my LAST Duty Station after 10 Years in the USAF...

I was attached to a small outcropping of that Squadron known as "Special Forces"...which I cannot tell you what we did, but sufficed to say? We were ready...to carry out our mission to fly in support of those that I know you've seen Hollywood portray (Via Chuck Norris)...

It spoke to us, and then our CINC who was Ronald Reagan, and his efforts to rebuild the military, after being diminished by prior Scenarios/Administrations. (And I will be happy to tell YOU that I was PROUD to serve under Renaldus Reagan)...and WE dedicated it to HIM...

Enough said...

This was our "Official/UnOfficial THEME" A song by Kansas entitled [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsdmcUTXsJQ"]"POWER"[/ame]

What you hear is the LIVE Version of it...I have it on Vinyl, and haven't archived it as of yet...(I have a Library of several hundred Vinyls I am archiving)...

The Album ART:

200px-Kansas_-_Power.jpg

Kansas is an excellent addition to this thread, and thanks for allowing me to embellish your post a bit. With Songs like "Carry On Wayward Son", It's a GREAT choice.

Regards,

~The T

Edited To ADD:

OK, something that I rarely do...I went and Retreived the Album, and captured the Audio from the ALBUM VERSION of this song...(And YES, you will hear a HUGE Skip in the vinyl in the first part of the song)...

KANSAS...And "POWER" <CLICK TO LISTEN

Last edited:
I Collected Iron Maiden Ablums... Yes, Ablums, just for the Cover Art.

peace...

Roger Dean was the artist who designed and produced the cover art for YES, Asia, GreenSlade and others. Here is a link to his sight you might enjoy. I was working on a tug boat in the Gulf many years ago and met a crusty old diver that was missing an ear, said a barracuda bit it off. I had a book of Dean's work and he said he saw the cover art from Yessongs under deep water in the North Atlantic.

Roger Dean: Welcome

Nice... That's a Flashback... Reminds me of getting ready for School and waiting for Asia's Video, or something off of 1984...

Good Times, Youth was.

peace...

plant-raising-sand.jpg

The Wife and I's Favorite New Ablum... Yes, Ablum... And not that New, I Know.

We were going to go to Red Rocks to see them last year for this Show, but we (she) were to Close to having our 2nd Child...

If you don't Know, Red Rocks is a Hike.

We went to the Down from the Mountain Tour there a Couple of Years ago and it was Most Spiritual Non-Religious thing I have ever been too of that Size.

peace...

Favorite Jazz album?

Floresta Canto featuring Phil Woods and the Chris Gunning Orchestra.

Space Music?

Dark Side of the Moon.

FWIW, I own no albums, no stereo, either.

Currently I'm listening to Pandora Radio online to expand my musical tastes.

Cool site which gives you the opportunity to hear music you'll probably like that you've never heard before

I actually have all of those albums.......pictured, in vinyl and thousands more.

Seminal Masterpieces:

AC/DC-Back in Black
Genesis-Seconds Out
Gentle Giant Live
Yes-Tales From Topographic Oceans
U2-Joshua Tree
Crowded House
Supertramp-Even in The Quietest Moments
ELO-Out of the Blue
Elton John-11-17-70
John Hiatt-Bring the Family

That's 10, every song a gem. I got 100's more.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
I actually have all of those albums.......pictured, in vinyl and thousands more.

Seminal Masterpieces:

AC/DC-Back in Black
Genesis-Seconds Out
Gentle Giant Live
Yes-Tales From Topographic Oceans
U2-Joshua Tree
Crowded House
Supertramp-Even in The Quietest Moments
ELO-Out of the Blue
Elton John-11-17-70
John Hiatt-Bring the Family

That's 10, every song a gem. I got 100's more.

Excellent List... I can Easily do 10 with Floyd... Alone.

Speaking of, why is Floyd Absent from that List?... ;)

peace...

Forum List

Back