Bernie Sanders actual voting record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the Mod who requested links to sources (there is no name that I can find): I realize that I broke a rule. I had that info for over a week quite frankly, I'm too lazy to look them up again.

If you have to delete or lock the thread then do what you have to.

I may be wrong but I only think you have to link to the source if it wasn't original material.

It was info taken from multiple places, but alas, not original.

From the "Things he doesn't want you to know" file:

Bernie Sanders voted for and/or otherwise supported:
* Economic sanctions that killed more than a million Iraqi civilians
* Every U.S. bombing of Iraq from 1992 on

It appears you are a hypocrite when it comes to the first item.

Moving on to the second...

Here is the House vote on the Iraq War: H.J.Res. 114 (107th): Authorization for Use of Military Force Against ... -- House Vote #455 -- Oct 10, 2002

Sanders voted Nay. See for yourself.

When will you parroting rubes ever learn not to blindly copy and paste propaganda hand fed to you?

Last edited:
To the Mod who requested links to sources (there is no name that I can find): I realize that I broke a rule. I had that info for over a week quite frankly, I'm too lazy to look them up again.

I may be wrong but I only think you have to link to the source if it wasn't original material.

Because the original would show that you're at best uninformed, at worst a liar - the quintessential Cruz fan.

And now he wants the thread closed because he realizes nobody's buying his propaganda and he's hoping it'll just go away. :lmao:

No, I'm doing it because it's against the rules, and I'm too lazy to look it up. The fact that you lefties don't buy any of it is not really anything surprising at all.

From the "Things he doesn't want you to know" file:

Bernie Sanders voted for and/or otherwise supported:
* Economic sanctions that killed more than a million Iraqi civilians
* Every U.S. bombing of Iraq from 1992 on
* The sending of U.S. military units to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia to threaten Iraq because “we cannot tolerate aggression”
* The objectively racist and mass-incarcerationist Federal Crime bill.
* Every US intervention since elected to Congress–Iraq, Somalia, Haiti, Bosnia, Liberia, Zaire (Congo), Albania, Sudan, Afghanistan and Yugoslavia.
Voted YES on Congressional pay raise. (Jul 2009)
Voted YES on instituting National Service (forced government service) as a new social invention. (Mar 2009)
Voted YES on continuing intelligence gathering without civil oversight. (Apr 2006)
Voted NO on allowing tribal Indians to opt out of federal healthcare. (Feb 2008)
Voted YES on authorizing states to collect Internet sales taxes. (May 2013)
Voted YES on $15.2 billion for foreign operations. (Nov 1999)
Impose sanctions and an import ban on Burma. (Oct 2007)
Voted NO on reducing tax payments on Social Security benefits. (Jul 2000)
Voted NO on eliminating the Estate Tax ("death tax"). (Apr 2001)
Voted NO on eliminating the "marriage penalty". (Jul 2000)
Voted YES on banning Internet gambling by credit card. (Jun 2003)
Voted YES on keeping Cuba travel ban. (Jul 2001)
Voted YES on regulating tobacco as a drug. (Jun 2009)
Voted YES on implementing the 9/11 Commission report. (Mar 2007)
Voted YES on $192 Billion additional "anti-recession" stimulus spending. (Jul 2009)
Voted YES on additional $825 Billion for economic "recovery" package. (Feb 2009)
Voted NO on protecting middle-income taxpayers from a national energy tax. (Apr 2009)
Voted NO on prohibiting eminent domain for use as parks or grazing land. (Dec 2007)
Voted NO on reducing Marriage Tax by $399B over 10 years. (Mar 2001)

Some things are not surprising, like that he voted against any tax reduction, but he doesn't want us to know about the taxes on the middle class that he voted not to reduce.

He's a fraud of course but the Democrats seem to like liars and frauds so, there it is.

Mod Edit: PredFan You need to source your information please.
Sanders voted for Shock and Awe?

Apparently.

He voted for the Iraq war authorization? Are you sure? lol

btw, the OP is a conservative trying to make Bernie look more conservative than he really is?

As if that's a good attack?

lol, the times are changing.

I don't see Bernie's name anywhere on this list:

Iraq War Vote in 2002: 156 Congress Members Who Voted NO

idiota, then you might want to look for a legitimate site instead of usliberals. wacko.

plus Bernie wasn't a senator then. he was a representative. you're looking in the wrong place. :cuckoo:

now try again and look at the one independent representative who voted ... that was sanders and he voted no.

Iraq Resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

winger.

You understand that congress includes both houses?

but you were clearly looking at the senate list.

btw, your site was so toxic it knocked me off my computer.

look at the link I provided.

you're welcome, dear.

No, I'm doing it because it's against the rules, and I'm too lazy to look it up. The fact that you lefties don't buy any of it is not really anything surprising at all.

You mean we're better informed than you and not afraid of original sources? Too bad you're too lazy to do anything about that.

You mean we're better informed than you and not afraid of original sources? Too bad you're too lazy to do anything about that.

You proved my source wrong on that one item. One out if several.

And now he wants the thread closed because he realizes nobody's buying his propaganda and he's hoping it'll just go away. :lmao:

I don't blame you. I'd want this embarrassing thread closed if it were me.

Your OP states this is from the "things he doesn't want you to know file".

And it looks like a cut n paste job with no source.

My final word on this.

I took the info in the OP off of two different sources, though I don't remember the exact source and I had the info on my computer for over a week before I started this thread. I'm sure they were right wing sites because I don't read many left wing sites. Obviously they were wrong on Sander's vote on one of the Iraq war decisions.

At any rate I will be careful to concider having to source things like that in the future. Most of the things I post in this forum are original, I need to stick to that apparently.

Live and learn.

You proved my source wrong on that one item. One out if several.

I'm not required to do your research for you.

I'm sure they were right wing sites because I don't read many left wing sites.

That's honest, but here's the thing: Learn to read the original sources, without spin from either side.

If you need your information predigested and regurgitated by the Pundit du Jour, it runs the risk of inaccuracy, and the more times it's passed along (like a game of Telephone), the more likely it is to lose any semblance of accuracy.

My final word on this.

I took the info in the OP off of two different sources, though I don't remember the exact source and I had the info on my computer for over a week before I started this thread. I'm sure they were right wing sites because I don't read many left wing sites. Obviously they were wrong on Sander's vote on one of the Iraq war decisions.

At any rate I will be careful to concider having to source things like that in the future. Most of the things I post in this forum are original, I need to stick to that apparently.

Live and learn.

I believe you are the one being taught a lesson, and it appears your RW nut job sites (whatever they may be) are inaccurate. The question is, will you learn from this humiliating experience?

My final word on this.

Live and learn.

I believe you are the one being taught a lesson, and it appears your RW nut job sites (whatever they may be) are inaccurate. The question is, will you learn from this humiliating experience?
Not a chance. He's probably already back in line for a refill of his piss cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back