Bernie Sanders actual voting record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernie Sanders voted for and/or otherwise supported:
* Economic sanctions that killed more than a million Iraqi civilians
So you oppose economic sanctions against rogue nations? Like...Iran, for example?

No dumbass, I don't. But I'm not a far left liberal am I?
Please explain how sanctions against Iraq are bad and sanctions against Iran are good.

Why? It's irrelevant to the OP.
It's germane, because you wrote "economic sanctions that killed more than a million Iraqi civilians" while ignoring sanctions on Iran. Can't have it both ways unless you can explain it.

Predfan is here for grins and giggles, nothing more.

So you oppose economic sanctions against rogue nations? Like...Iran, for example?

Please explain how sanctions against Iraq are bad and sanctions against Iran are good.

It's germane, because you wrote "economic sanctions that killed more than a million Iraqi civilians" while ignoring sanctions on Iran. Can't have it both ways unless you can explain it.

It isn't my opinion, nit wit. It's just a fact. I didn't ignore sanctions on Iran, I just didn't see anything from Sanders record on it? Get it yet doofus?

It isn't my opinion, nit wit. It's just a fact. I didn't ignore sanctions on Iran, I just didn't see anything from Sanders record on it? Get it yet doofus?
Explain why one set is good and the other bad, because you are demonstrating your inconsistency yet once again.

Explain why one set is good and the other bad, because you are demonstrating your inconsistency yet once again.
And you are proving me right by not understanding the simplest idea or point. I'm not going to try to teach a retard what's relevant and what isn't. Go away retard.

I wanted to see if you guys were actually reading.

Good for you.

Since you are reading, how would you rate the three?
Get the fuck out! hahaha... saving face, huh? Way to go Jake! :lol:
Not at all. You guys so often run off at the mouth without reading that I set a small lure. You avoided it. You don't support Cruz, do you?
Nobody at the present....but anybody on the rep side is better than anybody on the dem side

From the "Things he doesn't want you to know" file:

* Every U.S. bombing of Iraq from 1992 on
* The sending of U.S. military units to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia to threaten Iraq because “we cannot tolerate aggression”
* The objectively racist and mass-incarcerationist Federal Crime bill.
* Every US intervention since elected to Congress–Iraq, Somalia, Haiti, Bosnia, Liberia, Zaire (Congo), Albania, Sudan, Afghanistan and Yugoslavia.
Voted YES on Congressional pay raise. (Jul 2009)
Voted YES on instituting National Service (forced government service) as a new social invention. (Mar 2009)
Voted YES on continuing intelligence gathering without civil oversight. (Apr 2006)
Voted NO on allowing tribal Indians to opt out of federal healthcare. (Feb 2008)
Voted YES on authorizing states to collect Internet sales taxes. (May 2013)
Voted YES on $15.2 billion for foreign operations. (Nov 1999)
Impose sanctions and an import ban on Burma. (Oct 2007)
Voted NO on reducing tax payments on Social Security benefits. (Jul 2000)
Voted NO on eliminating the Estate Tax ("death tax"). (Apr 2001)
Voted NO on eliminating the "marriage penalty". (Jul 2000)
Voted YES on banning Internet gambling by credit card. (Jun 2003)
Voted YES on keeping Cuba travel ban. (Jul 2001)
Voted YES on regulating tobacco as a drug. (Jun 2009)
Voted YES on implementing the 9/11 Commission report. (Mar 2007)
Voted YES on $192 Billion additional "anti-recession" stimulus spending. (Jul 2009)
Voted YES on additional $825 Billion for economic "recovery" package. (Feb 2009)
Voted NO on protecting middle-income taxpayers from a national energy tax. (Apr 2009)
Voted NO on prohibiting eminent domain for use as parks or grazing land. (Dec 2007)
Voted NO on reducing Marriage Tax by $399B over 10 years. (Mar 2001)

Some things are not surprising, like that he voted against any tax reduction, but he doesn't want us to know about the taxes on the middle class that he voted not to reduce.

He's a fraud of course but the Democrats seem to like liars and frauds so, there it is.

Mod Edit: PredFan You need to source your information please.
How convenient you leave out his support for veterans over the years. It shows how disingenuous you are about him.

I'll admit a couple of these are questionable, but most of them really don't bother me.

This sort of thing is pure garbage. Bills that come up before Congress usually have a whole pile of riders and whatnot that may or may not have anything to do with the bill. The vote may be to support or defeat one of the unrelated riders, or it may be a quid pro quo for some other Senator's vote on something else.

Bernie is a lot of things, but not many people accuse him of being a hypocrite. His whole candidacy is a joke, so we should try to be entertained by it for as long as we can (maybe two more weeks).
In one recent national poll he is tied with Hillary. In New Hampshire he is dominating. Don't count him out yet.

* The sending of U.S. military units to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia to threaten Iraq because “we cannot tolerate aggression”
* Every US intervention since elected to Congress–Iraq, Somalia, Haiti, Bosnia, Liberia, Zaire (Congo), Albania, Sudan, Afghanistan and Yugoslavia.
Voted YES on instituting National Service (forced government service) as a new social invention. (Mar 2009)
Voted YES on continuing intelligence gathering without civil oversight. (Apr 2006)
Voted NO on allowing tribal Indians to opt out of federal healthcare. (Feb 2008)
Voted YES on $192 Billion additional "anti-recession" stimulus spending. (Jul 2009)
Voted YES on additional $825 Billion for economic "recovery" package. (Feb 2009)
Voted NO on protecting middle-income taxpayers from a national energy tax. (Apr 2009)
Voted NO on prohibiting eminent domain for use as parks or grazing land. (Dec 2007)

Some things are not surprising, like that he voted against any tax reduction, but he doesn't want us to know about the taxes on the middle class that he voted not to reduce.

He's a fraud of course but the Democrats seem to like liars and frauds so, there it is.

Sanders voted for Shock and Awe?

Just the opposite. PredFan is a liar. Notice he doesn't show you where he got his "information."

Why? You wrote the OP as if sanctions are a bad thing. So one must conclude you believe sanctions against Iran are a bad thing, or that you are a raging hypocrite.

How convenient you leave out his support for veterans over the years. It shows how disingenuous you are about him.

I'll admit a couple of these are questionable, but most of them really don't bother me.

1. I didn't find anything on that but I couldn't include everything.
2. im sure they don't bother you, you are an ideologue and lying is a positive trait in your politicians.

Apparently.

Just the opposite. PredFan is a liar. Notice he doesn't show you where he got his "information."

Deciding wether I want to do it all over again or just say fuck it.

Why? You wrote the OP as if sanctions are a bad thing. So one must conclude you believe sanctions against Iran are a bad thing, or that you are a raging hypocrite.

Jesus!
The point was that it goes against what he now claims in his campaign. My opinion is beside the point.

that doesn't make him a fraud.

but don't worry about it. given that you hate anyone who isn't a rightwingnut, it's not really your concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back