Before Eddie Van Halen and Randy Rhoads changed the world.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Van Halen formed in 1974 and by 1978 their first album was one of the most successful debuts ever. (Which at the time was a big deal ), and then Randy Rhoads was 16 when he helped form Quiet Riot in 1976 and then later joined Ozzy Osbourne in 1979 before his tragic death in 1982.

Those two alone pretty much set a new bar for guys like Joe Satriani and Yngwie Malmsteen to come along and go to an even higher level.

So this is for the ones before them .

LOL OMG I soooo remember Randy Rhodes I was heartbroken my teen age heart throb bhaahhhahah. I think we were suppose to see him in concert the year that happened. But I can't quite recall.

My bro was a fan .....Meh
Van Halen on the other hand
Joe Satriani came along a few years before Malmsteen, but
Yngwie is ferociously talented - guys like Paul Gilbert and Marty Friedman, copied him a little at some point. ...and I've heard his whole library. He tends to be repetitive, and most of the songs are long drawn out neoclassical feeling , same sweeping arpeggios , but his hybrid and alternate picking is pretty amazing. I've heard in the biz he's a bit arrogant and hard to work with....but it could just be jealous rumors.

Last edited:
One for all Americans since were forced to share the nation with dumb as dirt leftards

II so remember that cover omg!! Everyone in school always drew one of their most famous symbls I guess u would call it.

Remember when their S was shaped some one like an "SS" thingyeeee. Dam im going to have to find what im talking about describing it might sound like i'm talking about an alien from mars lol.

One for all Americans since were forced to share the nation with dumb as dirt leftards

II so remember that cover omg!! Everyone in school always drew one of their most famous symbls I guess u would call it.

Remember when their S was shaped some one like an "SS" thingyeeee. Dam im going to have to find what im talking about describing it might sound like i'm talking about an alien from mars lol.

It was this symbol onkly some of the kids made the F diamond like kinda like I said that german SS looking thing. lol
1586438761273.png

Forum List

Back