Bears coming out of hibernation.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Last edited:
So nice when a zoo (noted this is UK's largest) has adequate space on natural habitat for bears who need acres to roam. They both sure love their toys and water hole:)

A nice reminder there are more important things in life than politics...cycle of life.....although I'm thinking some USMB posters might reject that notion lol

The darker haired ones have a longer season
ct_110915-11.jpg

Squirrels too.

One of my favorite squirrels got run over in front of my house today. And within a couple of hours another squirrel was digging up his stuff.

He's not even cold yet! :mad:

I want to shoot the bastard!

Mine is due to show up any minute, always does this time of year.... she's a beauty! A black bear who was brought here as a child to the sunflower seed filled bird feeders. We haven't seen her mom in 5 years, but this once kid, but now full g r own black bear returns year after year after year.... for one or t w o days, then disappears till the following year when she exits her den.... her black coat is super shiney...her face is beautiful, a really nice smile too....seriously, she does....

when ever we catch her trying to get in to a storage shed with the bags of seeds we yell at her, she turns around and smiles w with this sheepish look like, OH HI, HOW ARE YOU? You caught me again!!! Then she runs like the dickens past the bird feeder stand, grabs a bird feeder off o f the stand and gets about 25 yards with it in to the woods, empties it in to her belly and the next day, we retrieve it.

But this year we have still not seen her....

And oh boy oh boy, we think we know why.... she has had a cub, about the size of a big fat cat, who was under our bird feeders eating sunflower seeds....when we yelled, it ran...her mama must have been in hiding....?

Squirrels too.

One of my favorite squirrels got run over in front of my house today. And within a couple of hours another squirrel was digging up his stuff.

He's not even cold yet! :mad:

I want to shoot the bastard!
That sucks, but how did you recognize him ?
Because if there's any animals who all look alike, it's squirrels.
Like puzzy. No too blatant of a difference......but the nose knows and so does the hose....or Jose ?

Forum List

Back