Zone1 Be Thou My Vision, O Lord --Songs of love and trusting in God

"For the Beauty of the Earth" was written by Folliott Sandford Pierpoint in 1864. It was inspired by his experience of sitting on a hilltop outside his native city of Bath, England, admiring the country view and the winding Avon River. Inspired by the view to think about God's gifts in creation and in the church, Pierpont wrote this text. This tune is 'Dix', written by the German composer Conrad Kocher in 1838. It is performed here by the Larry Dalton, His Orchestra & Chorus. Video background by Chet Valley Churches.​

Be Still My Soul
Kantorei Society, Canada

Virtual Hymn "Be Still, My Soul" by Melharmonic Virtual Choir directed by Chibuike N Onyesoh​

Be Still My Soul​

Exultate Singers​

Last edited:
I had the joy of singing this with the choir at the United Presbyterian Church in Albany, Oregon, in or around 1979-1981. Our choir director and his wife were the best of the best.
Speak to One Another of Psalms and of Holy Writings, of Carols and Anthems
Sing ye and praise ye the Lord, Sing ye and praise him! ~~~

The Lord as my witness I had the most intense dream last night and it was religion related. VERY brief, but profound. Absolutely the most intense at a time I have really been embracing G_d. That has never happened to me before. Never stop believing.

The Lord as my witness I had the most intense dream last night and it was religion related. VERY brief, but profound. Absolutely the most intense at a time I have really been embracing G_d. That has never happened to me before. Never stop believing.
That love of yours for God makes my day, SC. I'm so happy for you! And thanks for the beautiful way of your witness to his lovingkindness and joy.

Forum List

Back