Bayer, owner of Roundup, to invest $5.6 billion in new weed-killing methods

Aletheia4u

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2017
Environmental groups are also expressing concern about trace amounts of glyphosate that are found in popular foods. A report this week that found 21 oat-based cereal and snack products popular with children, such as Cheerios, contain traces of glyphosate. The Environmental Working Group said its tests found glyphosate levels above what it considers safe for children in all but four of the products.

Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign Chairman, John Podesta, who is at the center of the Wikileaks e-mail storm, has now been linked to lobbying payments by the U.S. biotech giant Monsanto of $150,000 in 2015.

It was also revealed Saturday that Hillary Clinton’s campaign Treasurer Jose H. Villarreal has been linked to Monsanto lobbying payments of $150,000 so far in 2016.

This new Monsanto bombshell for the Clinton campaign was released by Brasil sem Monsanto and Sustainable Pulse following a search of publicly available lobbying records.
Hillary Clinton Suffers Monsanto Bombshell on Eve of US Election

I get exposed to Round Up every spring because we plant Round Up Resistant Soybeans. Round Up kills all of the weeds except for Round Up Resistant Soy Beans. Round Up Resistant Soy Beans are GMO or Genetically Modified Organism. Bayer is the parent company but I think Monsanto makes Round Up. edit: Monsanto also made Agent Orange.

Last edited:
I get exposed to Round Up every spring because we plant Round Up Resistant Soybeans. Round Up kills all of the weeds except for Round Up Resistant Soy Beans.
I know someone that had accidentally dropped their potted plant on the concrete. They cleaned it up with their bare hands. Then half hour later. Their hands started to itch. Then later, it started to peel. But I had touched it. But I'm not trying to claim myself as being a god, that any harsh chemicals cannot hurt me. But all it had done, that i had a little itch at the knuckles joints on my fingers. Maybe, Monsanto should pay to have everyone tested. To see how sensitive that they are to their chemicals. And create an I.D. card for the ones that their bodies can tolerate the harsh chemicals. So that they can buy it.

tenor.gif

As pesticide use grows heavier on most American farms, agricultural workers are pushing for more protections from the often poisonous chemicals. On Tuesday, these workers asked Congress and the Environmental Protection Agency to beef up the worker protection standards governing the amount of acceptable pesticide exposure. Many companies ignore existing regulations because their largely immigrant workforce often does not know how or is too afraid to report violations.

More than half of farm workers are undocumented immigrants, while many more are migrant workers or legal residents. Employers often take advantage of these workers’ precarious immigration status, threatening to turn them over to immigration officials if they speak out.
Farm Workers Demand Protections From Pesticide Poisoning

Laboring in the blackberry fields of central Arkansas, the 18-year-old Mexican immigrant suddenly turned ill. Her nose began to bleed, her skin developed a rash, and she vomited.

The doctor told her it was most likely flu or bacterial infection, but farmworker Tania Banda-Rodriguez suspected pesticides. Under federal law, growers must promptly report the chemicals they spray.

https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2012/06/pesticides-farm-workers-poison-epa/

Lawn Fertilizers, synthetic or organic, combine a variety of nutrients to make soil more fertile for optimal turf growth. Lawn fertilizers provide the three primary nutrients to plants: nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, as well as a variety of secondary nutrients and additives, which vary by brand and fertilizer type. Although fertilizer is often necessary for healthy lawn growth, a variety of skin problems are caused by the various chemicals in lawn fertilizer.
https://www.hunker.com/12367901/skin-problems-caused-by-lawn-fertilizer

Weeds are helpful plants for your organic garden because each beneficial weed thrives in a specific imbalanced soil condition and works to bring the soil back into balance.

So if you’ve heard that healthy soil grows weeds just as well as the plants you’re trying to grow, it’s a myth.

If the weeds are doing better than your lawn or garden plants, it’s because the soil isn’t optimally healthy and the weeds have set up shop to fix that.

https://www.smilinggardener.com/organic-pest-control/benefits-of-weeds/

I get exposed to Round Up every spring because we plant Round Up Resistant Soybeans. Round Up kills all of the weeds except for Round Up Resistant Soy Beans.
I know someone that had accidentally dropped their potted plant on the concrete. They cleaned it up with their bare hands. Then half hour later. Their hands started to itch. Then later, it started to peel. But I had touched it. But I'm not trying to claim myself as being a god, that any harsh chemicals cannot hurt me. But all it had done, that i had a little itch at the knuckles joints on my fingers. Maybe, Monsanto should pay to have everyone tested. To see how sensitive that they are to their chemicals. And create an I.D. card for the ones that their bodies can tolerate the harsh chemicals. So that they can buy it.

tenor.gif

As pesticide use grows heavier on most American farms, agricultural workers are pushing for more protections from the often poisonous chemicals. On Tuesday, these workers asked Congress and the Environmental Protection Agency to beef up the worker protection standards governing the amount of acceptable pesticide exposure. Many companies ignore existing regulations because their largely immigrant workforce often does not know how or is too afraid to report violations.

More than half of farm workers are undocumented immigrants, while many more are migrant workers or legal residents. Employers often take advantage of these workers’ precarious immigration status, threatening to turn them over to immigration officials if they speak out.

Laboring in the blackberry fields of central Arkansas, the 18-year-old Mexican immigrant suddenly turned ill. Her nose began to bleed, her skin developed a rash, and she vomited.

The doctor told her it was most likely flu or bacterial infection, but farmworker Tania Banda-Rodriguez suspected pesticides. Under federal law, growers must promptly report the chemicals they spray.

https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2012/06/pesticides-farm-workers-poison-epa/

I got exposed to Agent Orange more times than I care to remember in Vietnam and it never killed me but made me a little crazy. edit: Agent Orange is Pink and not Orange.

Last edited:
I get exposed to Round Up every spring because we plant Round Up Resistant Soybeans. Round Up kills all of the weeds except for Round Up Resistant Soy Beans. Round Up Resistant Soy Beans are GMO or Genetically Modified Organism. Bayer is the parent company but I think Monsanto makes Round Up. edit: Monsanto also made Agent Orange.
Not too bright, are you.

tenor.gif

I got exposed to Agent Orange more times than I care to remember in Vietnam and it never killed me but made me a little crazy. edit: Agent Orange is Pink and not Orange.

Some effects would just now be stsrting.

Not too bright, are you.

My IQ is 125 which is smarter than the average bear.

tenor.gif

You'll be surprise what an 100% organic diet can do.

What is the square root of two and why does 1.414 figure into the speed of light? edit: Not to be confused with the Inverse Square Law.

Last edited:
Environmental groups are also expressing concern about trace amounts of glyphosate that are found in popular foods. A report this week that found 21 oat-based cereal and snack products popular with children, such as Cheerios, contain traces of glyphosate. The Environmental Working Group said its tests found glyphosate levels above what it considers safe for children in all but four of the products.

Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign Chairman, John Podesta, who is at the center of the Wikileaks e-mail storm, has now been linked to lobbying payments by the U.S. biotech giant Monsanto of $150,000 in 2015.

It was also revealed Saturday that Hillary Clinton’s campaign Treasurer Jose H. Villarreal has been linked to Monsanto lobbying payments of $150,000 so far in 2016.

This new Monsanto bombshell for the Clinton campaign was released by Brasil sem Monsanto and Sustainable Pulse following a search of publicly available lobbying records.

Any responsible corporation is always looking for new ways to do business that will bring better efficiency and lower costs. Bayer is a great company that has come up with a lot of great innovations over the years. Bayer scientists invented aspirin as well as Smack, both of which are selling well more than a 100 years after introduction. The business of weed killing is important. People of the later 21st Century will have very high standards as to what they want their lawns to look like. Good thin for Bayer to work on IMHO

Any responsible corporation is always looking for new ways to do business that will bring better efficiency and lower costs. Bayer is a great company that has come up with a lot of great innovations over the years. Bayer scientists invented aspirin as well as Smack, both of which are selling well more than a 100 years after introduction. The business of weed killing is important. People of the later 21st Century will have very high standards as to what they want their lawns to look like. Good thin for Bayer to work on IMHO

Aspirin has not been invented. It is a natural source (Just like cocaine comes from a plant) which comes from the aspirin tree.Scientist visit tribes, to learn about ancient medicines. To see how they was able to survive so long without diseases and stay strong and youthful..

The inner bark and leaves of many willows contains the medicinal extract, salicin, or salicylic acid (salix is Latin for willow). This chemical is the active ingredient in common aspirin. (acetylsalicylic acid). Native Americans chewed or boiled a tea from the willow's leaves or inner bark to relieve fever or other minor pain like toothaches, headaches, or arthritis. The willow is often given the nickname "toothache tree"
NativeTech: Willow Branches and Other Twigs and Roots

https://www.biography.com/video/ponce-de-leon-the-fountain-of-youth-3347011995

Bayer has a dismal track record, should we expect anything better?

Years ago people would pull weeds but now everyone is spraying killing bees, birds, and no doubt causing a lot of cancer.

Forum List

Back