Batteries now have a 5 minute charge time.

It appears no one here has realized how unfeasible the 5 min battery charge idea is, haven't anyone realized what is required to make it work?
It might work on a cell phone battery but Like I said there is a huge difference between a cell phone battery and the battery bank of an EV

The ignorance of electricity is appalling!

Didn't you read the details yet?

If you bothered to read what I said you would see that I never once said it would work with an EV battery bank did I?

Who wrote this nonsense?

It might work on a cell phone battery but Like I said there is a huge difference between a cell phone battery and the battery bank of an EV
once again if you bothered to read the link in the OP you would see that whatever company it was has introduced fast charging cell phone batteries

Oh jeez are you awake?

I am the one who posted a better link on the topic at post 53, where the basic details makes it clear it is expensive and requires a large increase in power production..
Really a fast charging cell phone battery will require a large increase in power production?

Sigh, I am talking about CAR batteries, you are really slow and thick today.
And you might notice I never said it would work on car batteries.

So you are attributing to me things I never said.

:auiqs.jpg:

The article starts off with this statement:

"Batteries capable of fully charging in five minutes have been produced in a factory for the first time, marking a significant step towards electric cars becoming as fast to charge as filling up petrol or diesel vehicles."

The only mention of phone batteries in the entire article, it was mentioned in passing:

"StoreDot has already demonstrated its “extreme fast-charging” battery in phones...."

You are one dishonest jerk!

The headline of the article was primarily about CAR batteries:

Electric car batteries with five-minute charging times produced

I never talked about the goddam phones! but YOU originally stated, post 3 :
It's a big leap from a cell phone battery to a battery bank in an electric car

I pointed out that people are not paying attention to the details to which YOU responded with babble about phone batteries, while I was responding to the ARTICLE about CAR batteries being fast charged, phone batteries was barely mentioned:

I wrote: "It appears no one here has realized how unfeasible the 5 min battery charge idea is, haven't anyone realized what is required to make it work?"

Your reply,

"It might work on a cell phone battery but Like I said there is a huge difference between a cell phone battery and the battery bank of an EV."

You have yet to realize the details...., and the high cost of the fast charging CAR batteries

You are an asshole!
yes they were cell phone batteries, and batteries for drones.

you might want to read past the first line.

And I never once said that there would be 5 minute charging car batteries did I?

It was mentioned in passing, the article HEADLINE was about CAR batteries!

You wrote this:
It's a big leap from a cell phone battery to a battery bank in an electric car.

You didn't say there wouldn't be either..... :rolleyes:

Why are you being dishonest here, trying to backpedal?

I'm not backpedaling Fucknut.

To anyone with half a brain what I wrote clearly implied that here is no relationship between the battery bank of an EV and a cell phone battery so assuming a car battery could be charged in 5 minutes was a leap.

My fucking god man and you call me thick

In a decade we will even laugh at that.
If they would have listened to my infrastructure plan and ideas to extend charges, then the resistance to electric vehicles through charge issues would not exist and half the nation would be using them by now, which is the goal of the left. This just shows they are more about party /power then nation and conservation because they censor ideas and access by those outside their affiliation, because they don't want to lose the illusion of being forefront in these conservation ideas and plans. This happens in politics as it does religion, religious affiliations will ignore or censor those of other faiths who they fear outreach better then them and make them look inadequate, in politics it's party affiliation is prejudiced and silenced in the same way religipus affiliations do to sects within and outside belief systems because they don't want to look bad in comparison. If I'm solving a problem that makes them look like idiots for not doing, then their image is more important then the good deed. It also means they can no longer use the long spread out niche over the many years used to attract like minded supporters & money raising campaign support. It's like the curing cancer issue, if they solve it then the money grubbers can no longer raise money for their executive services on raising money to fund basically the donations faux concern scam.

It appears no one here has realized how unfeasible the 5 min battery charge idea is, haven't anyone realized what is required to make it work?

If you bothered to read what I said you would see that I never once said it would work with an EV battery bank did I?

Who wrote this nonsense?

once again if you bothered to read the link in the OP you would see that whatever company it was has introduced fast charging cell phone batteries

Oh jeez are you awake?

I am the one who posted a better link on the topic at post 53, where the basic details makes it clear it is expensive and requires a large increase in power production..
Really a fast charging cell phone battery will require a large increase in power production?

"Batteries capable of fully charging in five minutes have been produced in a factory for the first time, marking a significant step towards electric cars becoming as fast to charge as filling up petrol or diesel vehicles."

The only mention of phone batteries in the entire article, it was mentioned in passing:

"StoreDot has already demonstrated its “extreme fast-charging” battery in phones...."

I pointed out that people are not paying attention to the details to which YOU responded with babble about phone batteries, while I was responding to the ARTICLE about CAR batteries being fast charged, phone batteries was barely mentioned:

I wrote: "It appears no one here has realized how unfeasible the 5 min battery charge idea is, haven't anyone realized what is required to make it work?"

Your reply,

"It might work on a cell phone battery but Like I said there is a huge difference between a cell phone battery and the battery bank of an EV."

You have yet to realize the details...., and the high cost of the fast charging CAR batteries

You are an asshole!

And I never once said that there would be 5 minute charging car batteries did I?

You wrote this:

To anyone with half a brain what I wrote clearly implied that here is no relationship between the battery bank of an EV and a cell phone battery so assuming a car battery could be charged in 5 minutes was a leap.

This is what you wrote you fucking liar!

Now you back peddle:

bolding mine

Leap doesn't mean, imply No Relationship.

You write poorly and you lie too casually.

Who wrote this nonsense?

Oh jeez are you awake?

Your reply,

You are an asshole!

You wrote this:

Now you back peddle:

bolding mine

you're just too fucking stupid to realize that I never said they would work and now you are still trying to attribute statements to me that I never said

Piss off

Who wrote this nonsense?

Oh jeez are you awake?

Your reply,

You are an asshole!

You wrote this:

Now you back peddle:

bolding mine

you're just too fucking stupid to realize that I never said they would work and now you are still trying to attribute statements to me that I never said

Piss off

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

It is clear you are trying to save "face" since the definition of the word doesn't remotely support your lie:

Leap

1: to spring free from or as if from the ground : JUMP

YOU wrote this: "clearly implied that here is no relationship between the battery bank of an EV and a cell phone battery"

Your claim that you made this implication using a word that basically means jump is pure stupidity, you are an idiot!

You should stop making a big fool of yourself here.

By the way the article never made a he he he.... leap styled statement between Phone battery and car battery anyway. they are very different batteries using different materials with different reaction charge behavior.

Last edited:

Who wrote this nonsense?

Oh jeez are you awake?

Your reply,

You are an asshole!

You wrote this:

Now you back peddle:

bolding mine

Piss off

It is clear you are trying to save "face" since the definition of the word doesn't remotely support your lie:

Leap

YOU wrote this: "clearly implied that here is no relationship between the battery bank of an EV and a cell phone battery"

Your claim that you made this implication using a word that basically means jump is pure stupidity, you are an idiot!

Give it up asshole,

If you cannot, and you cannot, find and quote where i said these fast charging EV batteries would work you are doing nothing but arguing against your own fabricated statements which for some reason you have attributed to me.

I never said they would work. My first post on the subject was one of skepticism not endorsement. But you're too fucking stupid to realize that

Who wrote this nonsense?

Oh jeez are you awake?

Your reply,

You are an asshole!

You wrote this:

Now you back peddle:

bolding mine

Piss off

Leap

Give it up asshole,

If you cannot, and you cannot, find and quote where i said these fast charging EV batteries would work you are doing nothing but arguing against your own fabricated statements which for some reason you have attributed to me.

I never said they would work. My first post on the subject was one of skepticism not endorsement. But you're too fucking stupid to realize that

BWAHAHAHA!!!

I never talked about whether you said they worked or not, your stupidity is now off the charts.

:cuckoo:

Who wrote this nonsense?

Oh jeez are you awake?

Your reply,

You are an asshole!

You wrote this:

Now you back peddle:

bolding mine

Piss off

Leap

Give it up asshole,

BWAHAHAHA!!!

I never talked about whether you said they worked or not, your stupidity is now off the charts.

Then What the fuck have you been whining about this whole time?

Or is the mentality of a whining 5 year old your default setting?

Piss off

Who wrote this nonsense?

Oh jeez are you awake?

Your reply,

You are an asshole!

You wrote this:

Now you back peddle:

bolding mine

Piss off

Leap

Give it up asshole,

BWAHAHAHA!!!

Then What the fuck have you been whining about this whole time?

Or is the mentality of a whining 5 year old your default setting?

Piss off

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

These stupid uneducated Moon Bats don't understand that all batteries are produced in factories run by fossil (or nuclear) fuel, transported and distributed by fossil fuels and need fossil fuels for recharging.

Hell these dumbshits don't even know about the environmental impact of disposal.

They think energy is produced by unicorns.

They really are that stupid.

Last edited:
Sorry, this whole thread is wrong.
The only way to charge batteries quickly, greatly shortens their life span and increases costs.

Batteries will never make sense, and neither will electric cars on batteries.
Fuel cells are the way to go if you want electric cars.
They use up some fuel like hydrogen, methane, CNG, alcohol, etc., and make electricity with a semipermiable membrane, to power electric motors.

Batteries are way too heavy, so can't be used in airplanes, around mountains, etc.
Batteries are terrible in bad weather like winter or rain at night.
Batteries are way too expensive and short lived. About $7k every 8 years.
Batteries pollute way too much, not only in construction, but the fact fossil fuel is the only way to recharge them.
And while electric motors are good efficiency at 50%, batteries out lose 25%, batteries in lose 25%, power transmission loses 10%, power generation is only 50%, etc.
The whole chain of the electric battery process results in about 7% efficiency compared to 45% for bio diesel, which is MUCH CLEANER,. and actually reduces pollution.

Electric cars should be using fuel cells, not batteries.
And while battery electric cars can be useful, it is only for short trips, in good climates.

Sorry, this whole thread is wrong.
The only way to charge batteries quickly, greatly shortens their life span and increases costs.

Batteries will never make sense, and neither will electric cars on batteries.
Fuel cells are the way to go if you want electric cars.
They use up some fuel like hydrogen, methane, CNG, alcohol, etc., and make electricity with a semipermiable membrane, to power electric motors.

Batteries are way too heavy, so can't be used in airplanes, around mountains, etc.
Batteries are terrible in bad weather like winter or rain at night.
Batteries are way too expensive and short lived. About $7k every 8 years.
Batteries pollute way too much, not only in construction, but the fact fossil fuel is the only way to recharge them.
And while electric motors are good efficiency at 50%, batteries out lose 25%, batteries in lose 25%, power transmission loses 10%, power generation is only 50%, etc.
The whole chain of the electric battery process results in about 7% efficiency compared to 45% for bio diesel, which is MUCH CLEANER,. and actually reduces pollution.

Your objections are reasonable, however the article claims they figured out a way around the damaging quick charging effect:

"A five-minute charging lithium-ion battery was considered to be impossible,” he said. “But we are not releasing a lab prototype, we are releasing engineering samples from a mass production line. This demonstrates it is feasible and it’s commercially ready.”

Existing Li-ion batteries use graphite as one electrode, into which the lithium ions are pushed to store charge. But when these are rapidly charged, the ions get congested and can turn into metal and short circuit the battery.

The StoreDot battery replaces graphite with semiconductor nanoparticles into which ions can pass more quickly and easily. These nanoparticles are currently based on germanium, which is water soluble and easier to handle in manufacturing. But StoreDot’s plan is to use silicon, which is much cheaper, and it expects these prototypes later this year. Myersdorf said the cost would be the same as existing Li-ion batteries."

Hmmmmm....

Electric cars should be using fuel cells, not batteries.
And while battery electric cars can be useful, it is only for short trips, in good climates.

My son bought a hybrid. A friggin Ford. Had nothing but trouble from it. Now he knows why he got such a deep discount on it.

Next time he will listen to me when I tell him not to ever buy an Environmental Wacko vehicle. just asking for trouble.

In a decade we will even laugh at that.
My main issue with EV is it takes the last vestige of self sufficiency away.

I can go out and listen to my old Ford and hear what's wrong with it , run down to the parts store or junk yard and get what I need, and fix it.

Forum List

Back