BART on downward spiral

Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
BART, the transit system serving San Francisco and the surrounding areas, is on a downward spiral, a product of years of liberal governance.

Emily Hoeven reveals “Falling out of love with BART” in the April 9 edition of the San Francisco Chronicle.

. . . the increasing prevalence of homelessness, mental health issues and substance abuse issues on BART has frequently made me feel unsafe . . . BART’s ridership was steadily declining even before the pandemic . . . BART spent $350,000 on a contract with the Salvation Army for homeless services that enrolled just one person . . . I took BART to and from Oakland last weekend. Almost every person I saw jumped the fare gates to avoid paying.

Perhaps Gov. Gavin Newsom should spend more time addressing California’s problems and less time visiting red states to lecture the people there about their governance and social policies.

HelloGBP.png

BART, the transit system serving San Francisco and the surrounding areas, is on a downward spiral, a product of years of liberal governance.

Emily Hoeven reveals “Falling out of love with BART” in the April 9 edition of the San Francisco Chronicle.

. . . the increasing prevalence of homelessness, mental health issues and substance abuse issues on BART has frequently made me feel unsafe . . . BART’s ridership was steadily declining even before the pandemic . . . BART spent $350,000 on a contract with the Salvation Army for homeless services that enrolled just one person . . . I took BART to and from Oakland last weekend. Almost every person I saw jumped the fare gates to avoid paying.

Perhaps Gov. Gavin Newsom should spend more time addressing California’s problems and less time visiting red states to lecture the people there about their governance and social policies.
I lived there in the '80s. BART was always the prime example for any city wanting to do a great job at mass transit. This woman isn't dissing the trains and busses, she's dissing the people riding them. She's probably getting older and therefore scared of everything. There's nothing that I can say or do to affect her fears.

I lived there in the '80s. BART was always the prime example for any city wanting to do a great job at mass transit. This woman isn't dissing the trains and busses, she's dissing the people riding them. She's probably getting older and therefore scared of everything. There's nothing that I can say or do to affect her fears.
Per the article: 78% of employers recently surveyed by the Bay Area Council said they were either somewhat or very concerned about their employees' personal safety when taking BART or other transit systems to work.

Emily Hoeven:
1200x0.jpg

Same problem with trains in Houston.
While they're very nice it seems that very few people actually pay.
It's run on the honor system of all things. I have ridden the train one time while going to a Texans game and easily 75% of the people didnt pay.
Of course we all know which segment of society weren't paying......

LMAO the Dem idiots in Portland, OR spent BILLIONS on light rail nobody rides. Meanwhile they refused to expand roads to force people onto light rail, instead it's a daily stop and go traffic jam. Democrats FAIL it's the one thing they do well.

Maybe you haven't been back to California since the 80s but I doubt then you had poop maps showing you which streets were clean to walk down. This state has declined rapidly just in the 13 years I've lived here. And its all been because of democrat policies starting with AB109 which released felons back onto our streets

Bart does provide for a nice homeless shelter, where you can shoot-up drugs and ride in style.

Shame. I rode the BART in the 1980s and thought it was the best, most logical transit system I had ever seen in a city.

Forum List

Back