Barr Threatens Legal Action Against Governors Over Lockdowns

Why is Barr taking sides against America?

The President in one breath is saying it is up to the Governors to decide how to fight this in their state......then he sics his Attorney General on them for doing so

Why isn’t the Attorney General going after Georgia and Florida for leaving themselves open to infection?

So, you don’t believe in the Constitution, I see...

The Constitution says that Fat Billy Barf has NO power to tell states how to handle the pandemic. NONE
Umm he does when they impede on constitutional rights.
I mean, holy shit dude. Thats ACTUALLY one of the few powers the federal govt has.
And you say they dont have that power :lol:

Guess Fat Billy Barf got some new marching orders from his Orange Overlord. :icon_rolleyes:

The Justice Department will consider taking legal action against governors who continue to impose stringent rules for dealing with the coronavirus that infringe on constitutional rights even after the crisis subsides in their states, Attorney General William Barr said.
Blunt means to deal with the pandemic, such as stay-at-home orders and directives shutting down businesses, are justified up to a point, rr said in an interview Tuesday on “The Hugh Hewitt Show.” Eventually, though, states should move to more targeted measures, Barr said. He cited the approach laid out by President Donald Trump.

I guess old fat boy and his fat orange boss don't like the 10th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. Can you imagine if the President had been permitted to alter the Constitution as he sees fit without going through a Constitutional Convention? Trump would be a dictator worse than Hitler. Thank God the framers anticipated his ilk being President. Bigly!!!
Lefties are funny when they pretend they care about the constitution ( or dictators for that matter) while they are fine with ( and cheer on) when it’s coming from local governors with a D after their name.

Last edited:

The President in one breath is saying it is up to the Governors to decide how to fight this in their state......then he sics his Attorney General on them for doing so

Why isn’t the Attorney General going after Georgia and Florida for leaving themselves open to infection?
You are a dumbass

Guess Fat Billy Barf got some new marching orders from his Orange Overlord. :icon_rolleyes:

The Justice Department will consider taking legal action against governors who continue to impose stringent rules for dealing with the coronavirus that infringe on constitutional rights even after the crisis subsides in their states, Attorney General William Barr said.
Blunt means to deal with the pandemic, such as stay-at-home orders and directives shutting down businesses, are justified up to a point, Barr said in an interview Tuesday on “The Hugh Hewitt Show.” Eventually, though, states should move to more targeted measures, Barr said. He cited the approach laid out by President Donald Trump.

I was looking at the Covid 19 cases in Idaho compared to those in Ventura County, Ca. Idaho has more cases by far. Idaho = 1736 cases 48 deaths. VC = 428 cases 13 deaths. Population of Idaho is 1.7 million. Ventura County has 890,000 people. Stay at home orders work. If States want to become the new test beds for death counts due to opening up too soon, all I can say is watch and see what happens.

CA is actually finding more people had it than originally thought. After testing people for antibodies. They even went back and autopsied 2 earlier cases and discovers the died of complications from the virus. We will probably find this to be true with all states.

The Constitution says that Fat Billy Barf has NO power to tell states how to handle the pandemic. NONE
I mean, holy shit dude. Thats ACTUALLY one of the few powers the federal govt has.

The constitutionality question will be settled in court, not by Fat Billy Barf. What the constitution says is that governors bear the ultimate responsibility for the health and safety of their people. Trump can't blame governors for his own dithering and inaction, tell them test kits and PPE are entirely THEIR responsibility to acquire, and then turn around and tell them what to do. If you don't see a problem with that sort of hypocritical double-speak, then I cannot help.

Barr has said governors who continue to keep residents under their thumbs after effects of the corona virus subside will be his focus. Where is the problem?

The constitutionality question will be settled in court, not by Fat Billy Barf. What the constitution says is that governors bear the ultimate responsibility for the health and safety of their people. Trump can't blame governors for his own dithering and inaction, tell them test kits and PPE are entirely THEIR responsibility to acquire, and then turn around and tell them what to do. If you don't see a problem with that sort of hypocritical double-speak, then I cannot help.
I merely commented on the constitutional aspect. Not surprised you didnt pick up on that, mr tunnel vision.

You are a dumbass
What is the matter with our president!

In one breath he says the States answer to him, then he says the states have responsibility for combatting the virus, then he sues them when they do.

You are a dumbass
What is the matter with our president!

In one breath he says the States answer to him, then he says the states have responsibility for combatting the virus, then he sues them when they do.
He is an ignorant, inconsistent dumbass

Barr has said governors who continue to keep residents under their thumbs after effects of the corona virus subside will be his focus. Where is the problem?

How do Governors know they have subsided? Testing is still inadequate. Does Barr think they are closing down for fun?

How do Governors know they have subsided? Testing is still inadequate. Does Barr think they are closing down for fun?
States are opening up because they see deaths and illnesses are down. Do you object to states ever opening
back up again and life normalizing? Or are you politically invested in this Chinese flu?
Do you think your moron governor would lift restrictions if things haven't subsided?

States are opening up because they see deaths and illnesses are down. Do you object to states ever opening
back up again and life normalizing? Or are you politically invested in this Chinese flu?
Do you think your moron governor would lift restrictions if things haven't subsided?

Every single poll clearly shows a huge majority do not want their states open until it is safe for citizens. That includes a majority of Dems, Independents and Republicans!
Just because ever loyal Liitle Trumpsters are dumbfucks who are easily manipulated, does not mean a large majority of Americans are so weak minded.

You didn't read the article in the OP

Every single poll clearly shows a huge majority do not want their states open until it is safe for citizens. That includes a majority of Dems, Independents and Republicans!
Just because ever loyal Liitle Trumpsters are dumbfucks who are easily manipulated, does not mean a large majority of Americans are so weak minded.

Link a poll or two, please

Link a poll or two, please

Certainly! Two different surveys, one by Reuter’s and one by CBS.

Blunt means to deal with the pandemic, such as stay-at-home orders and directives shutting down businesses, are justified up to a point, rr said in an interview Tuesday on “The Hugh Hewitt Show.” Eventually, though, states should move to more targeted measures, Barr said. He cited the approach laid out by President Donald Trump.

I guess old fat boy and his fat orange boss don't like the 10th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. Can you imagine if the President had been permitted to alter the Constitution as he sees fit without going through a Constitutional Convention? Trump would be a dictator worse than Hitler. Thank God the framers anticipated his ilk being President. Bigly!!!
It wasn’t that long ago, that true conservatives stood solidly behind the the 10th Amendment along with the rest of the Constitution. But being as we do not have a real conservative President, the Constitution is meaningless (except the Second Amendment).
Question: Are there any real conservatives on USMB? Let ‘s see, Trumpsteers are against States Rights, Checks and Balances, Fiscal Responsibility, Freedom of the Press and Speech, nonpartisan departments of the Federal Government Departments, Voter Rights and Equality For example.
Trumpsterism isn’t an ideology, it’s sycophantism

I honestly wish you guys would make up your minds. Nonpartisan? Really?

Trump is awful for interfering in the Justice Department. For besmirching the FBI which has a long and honorable history of honesty and integrity.

Trump is awful for not interfering in the CDC and telling them to use the tests developed by the WHO instead of using their own.

Trump is awful for not diverting funds from other programs to buy Ventilators and masks and protective gear for Health Care Workers. Or something.

Trump is awful for spending money without paying for his cronies gifts. Trump is awful for pointing that the Democrats were also putting gifts to their cronies into the bills.

I just wish you all would make up your fucking minds. I swear, if Trump walked into a hospital and healed the sick by laying his hands on them, you guys would be demanding impeachment procedures for Trump practicing medicine without a license.

Look, Trump isn’t perfect. Obviously. Is Trump better than the alternative we were given in 2016? Just as obviously yes. Is Trump a better choice than Biden? Which Biden are we talking about? The funny uncle Biden who says stupid things? The forgetful Biden who can’t remember what he said yesterday? The touchy Biden who can’t keep his hands off little girls? In other words, Trump in your description, isn’t any worse than Biden. Trump in reality is slightly better.

But I honestly wish you guys would make up your fucking minds. Is Trump awful for interfering with the independence of offices? Or is he awful for not doing so? Is he a terrible man because he says dumb things? Ok, how is Biden a good man for saying dumb things?

Do I wish Trump would settle the fuck down and listen to some of his advisors? Yes. Do I wish those Advisors were able to restrain their urge to stab the man in the back at every chance they can concoct? You bet.

Incredible.

The enemy is the virus but you people still are fighting Democrats against Republicans and vice versa.

Stop the nonsense.

Biden won't make it.

It wasn’t that long ago, that true conservatives stood solidly behind the the 10th Amendment along with the rest of the Constitution. But being as we do not have a real conservative President, the Constitution is meaningless (except the Second Amendment).
Question: Are there any real conservatives on USMB? Let ‘s see, Trumpsteers are against States Rights, Checks and Balances, Fiscal Responsibility, Freedom of the Press and Speech, nonpartisan departments of the Federal Government Departments, Voter Rights and Equality For example.
Trumpsterism isn’t an ideology, it’s sycophantism

I honestly wish you guys would make up your minds. Nonpartisan? Really?

Trump is awful for interfering in the Justice Department. For besmirching the FBI which has a long and honorable history of honesty and integrity.

Trump is awful for not interfering in the CDC and telling them to use the tests developed by the WHO instead of using their own.

Trump is awful for not diverting funds from other programs to buy Ventilators and masks and protective gear for Health Care Workers. Or something.

Trump is awful for spending money without paying for his cronies gifts. Trump is awful for pointing that the Democrats were also putting gifts to their cronies into the bills.

I just wish you all would make up your fucking minds. I swear, if Trump walked into a hospital and healed the sick by laying his hands on them, you guys would be demanding impeachment procedures for Trump practicing medicine without a license.

Look, Trump isn’t perfect. Obviously. Is Trump better than the alternative we were given in 2016? Just as obviously yes. Is Trump a better choice than Biden? Which Biden are we talking about? The funny uncle Biden who says stupid things? The forgetful Biden who can’t remember what he said yesterday? The touchy Biden who can’t keep his hands off little girls? In other words, Trump in your description, isn’t any worse than Biden. Trump in reality is slightly better.

But I honestly wish you guys would make up your fucking minds. Is Trump awful for interfering with the independence of offices? Or is he awful for not doing so? Is he a terrible man because he says dumb things? Ok, how is Biden a good man for saying dumb things?

Do I wish Trump would settle the fuck down and listen to some of his advisors? Yes. Do I wish those Advisors were able to restrain their urge to stab the man in the back at every chance they can concoct? You bet.

His advisors are not stabbing Trump in the back. They are attempting to give the nation truth and facts. That is NOT stabbing Trump in the back. Have you ever thought to fact check Trump’s rambling misinformation or his advisor’s truth?

The people who can think have said the same thing for 4 weeks and it’s not changing and it won’t change
This virus infects just about everyone, it mostly already has, it’s highly contagious but rarely lethal, on the order of 0.1%, the hype over spreading it is really the spreading of a overwhelmingly benign virus that seriously effects 2-3% of the population from where the fatalities come.
Trump and others of good conscience followed thru on this hoaxed overreaction but it’s time now to seize the facts, step back into the sunlight, and end this shutdown that will devastate the economy for 1-12 months. Suffering? You ain’t seen nothing yet.

Forum List

Back