Barr considers jailing Seattle’s mayor for sedition after Trump attacks her on Twitter

Sedition is a reach....that said the Moonbat is a loser.

You left loons get what you vote for. See Whitmer in Michigan for confirmation...or Cali, New York, Illinois, New Jersey.....

From the OP's link:

However, a department spokesperson denied that Barr issued such a directive. Brian T. Moran, U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Washington, also threw cold water on the claim in a statement on Wednesday. No one in the department, he said, communicated with him that Durkan should be subject to a federal crime in relation to her handling of CHOP:

Throughout this lengthy period of civil unrest, I have had multiple conversations with Department of Justice leadership. They have asked for information about protest activity devolving into violence, about federal interests implicated by the Capitol Hill Organized Protest, and about the cases filed in this District regarding federal crimes. At no time has anyone at the Department communicated to me that Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan is, was, or should be the subject of a criminal investigation or should be charged with any federal crime related to the Capitol Hill Organized Protest (CHOP). As U.S. Attorney I would be aware of such an investigation.

What we have here is yet another bullshit story from the NY Times. No source was given, it is a totally prefabricated lie.

Last edited:

Be prepared for the most dangerous AG in history to be the tool Trump uses to illegally upend election results.

so you want local officials to be allowed to violate your civil rights,,,

thats very fascist of you,,,

Be prepared for the most dangerous AG in history to be the tool Trump uses to illegally upend election results.

No surprise..Republicans have always favored authoritarian rule by oligarchy.

Could explain Ear's weaponizing the IRS

From the OP's link:

However, a department spokesperson denied that Barr issued such a directive. Brian T. Moran, U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Washington, also threw cold water on the claim in a statement on Wednesday. No one in the department, he said, communicated with him that Durkan should be subject to a federal crime in relation to her handling of CHOP:
Throughout this lengthy period of civil unrest, I have had multiple conversations with Department of Justice leadership. They have asked for information about protest activity devolving into violence, about federal interests implicated by the Capitol Hill Organized Protest, and about the cases filed in this District regarding federal crimes. At no time has anyone at the Department communicated to me that Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan is, was, or should be the subject of a criminal investigation or should be charged with any federal crime related to the Capitol Hill Organized Protest (CHOP). As U.S. Attorney I would be aware of such an investigation.

What we have here is yet another bullshit story from the NY Times. No source was given, it is a totally prefabricated lie.
What we have here is a Trump sycophant patting biased Breitbart on the back for publishing denials from another, clearly none being privy to the conversation ("on the call") described in the NYT piece. Plenty of "prosecutors" evidently were, but never mind asking any of them for confirmation or newsworthiness, lol.
WASHINGTON — Attorney General William P. Barr told federal prosecutors in a call last week that they should consider charging rioters and others who had committed violent crimes at protests in recent months with sedition, according to two people familiar with the call.

The highly unusual suggestion to charge people with insurrection against lawful authority alarmed some on the call, which included U.S. attorneys around the country, said the people, who described Mr. Barr’s comments on the condition of anonymity for fear of retribution.

Forum List

Back