Bannon oversaw Cambridge Analytica’s collection of Facebook data, according to former employee

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Thoughts?

Bannon oversaw Cambridge Analytica’s collection of Facebook data, according to former employee

Conservative strategist Stephen K. Bannon oversaw Cambridge Analytica’s early efforts to collect troves of Facebook data as part of an ambitious program to build detailed profiles of millions of American voters, a former employee of the data-science firm said Tuesday.

The 2014 effort was part of a high-tech form of voter persuasion touted by the company, which under Bannon identified and tested the power of anti-establishment messages that later would emerge as central themes in President Trump’s campaign speeches, according to Chris Wylie, who left the company at the end of that year.

Facebook said the collection was legitimate. So what's the issue?

Cambridge did it on the sly. They promised to dump the data and then didn’t .

They are maintaining that they did. All I see flying around are accusations without evidence. I'm old school. I like evidence.

""The event is being described as a data breach of the social media platform, though Facebook disputes that characterization, saying Kogan “gained access to this information in a legitimate way and through the proper channels” before misusing it.

Facebook became aware of the activity by late 2015, and ordered the data destroyed by everyone Kogan had shared it with

. According to Facebook, Cambridge Analytica claimed to have complied, but Facebook says it became aware this week that “not all data was deleted.” Cambridge Analytica claims it did delete the data according to Facebook’s request."

Trump-linked Firm Suspended from Facebook for Harvesting User Data

Forum List

Back