Banning Critical Race Theory in Public Schools is Useless

What is it that you want?

Ban and burn all books on slavery, or on the Jim Crow era or the civil war, or slavery or the civil rights movement or the 13th, 14, 15th amendments etc?
NPR described CRT and they don't know what it is either.
So what do you think the Rs are trying to ban in our schools, teaching American History?

The OP is as hyperbolic as ever when he pants about "public schools are child abuse". But CRT is well beyond just teaching the difficult parts of American history, believe that. CRT has no place in schools for K-12 students.

So the really terrible news is: just like last summer brought us "Defund the police" and the total crime wave we're now having as a result, this summer is bringing the the wholesale meltdown over CRT, and the schools will meltdown too. I know lots of people will be happy about that, like the Left was thrilled about police melting down, but be careful what you wish for. I mean that.

Leftist say CRT is not being "taught in school" because there is no COURSE with that name. Well, it's not that simple. Just because there's no course with that name doesn't mean it's not being implemented. In many places, it IS being implemented in overt and covert ways. And as I have stated, that's not right. It's inappropriate for K-12, to say the least.

But because it is in some schools.....

Conservatives are convinced it's everywhere all the time. It is absolutely not. If you have the feeling that your teachers in your school are not doing this, based on what your kids say, guess what? You are probably right!

We just can't be reasonable in 2021. It's extreme poo flinging all the time. My fellow conservatives can't approach this serious issue with any amount of reason, it would seem, but are dead set on whipping themselves into a Moral Panic to match that of Covid. We're figuratively out there Double Masking about the CRT, which is EVERYWHERE. WATCH OUT!!! STORM YOUR SCHOOL BOARD MEETING!! FILM IT!! PUT IT ON TIK TOK!!

Meanwhile I'm just about to crop dust the US with a sedative or something. Enough with the freaking moral panics!

Weatherman2020
Jewish schools don’t teach that crap !!
You get excellent classes in Jewish history and Holocaust and classes in English and Hebrew and excellent classes in finance and physics and you can make cool things with macaroni.
You can even Star on your sports team by just showing up
Private vs public (government schools.
And I’ll skip the pithy comment about Jewish athletes.

Ban and burn all books on slavery, or on the Jim Crow era or the civil war, or slavery or the civil rights movement or the 13th, 14, 15th amendments etc?
So what do you think the Rs are trying to ban in our schools, teaching American History?
if crt wasnt a leftist tool for power and indoctrination you wouldnt be defending it so vehemently like the rest of your comrades .
Yidnar, that's such a juvenile and thoughtless response, you are better than that...!!!

CRT which is taught in college goes into to critical thinking exercises....a level way above the simple teaching of the ups and downs of our history that is taught in elementary and high schools....like, Is Big Brother (govt), systematically a racist system?

from my understanding, those kind of things are not taught in k-12 schools....what teachers are concerned with is the wording in legislation banning the teachings of critical race theory in schools puts teachers in a position of teaching about slavery, jim Crow era,civil war, without being fired for breaking their law....

And the teachers are standing their ground on it....they will continue to teach students about our history regardless of the laws these nimrods want to introduce to stop them from teaching BOTH the ups and downs of it all, the good, the bad and ugly.

Both sides are talking past one another. CRT does not have the same meaning for the opposing sides so no one can agree on anything....and it seems that's what they want...

Bottom line is teachers are not fighting to teach children the college level CRT which to my minimal understanding of it....gets in to a hypothesis that America has continued to be, by the governed, systematically racist.....and things like that....

Teachers just want to be able to teach our history on slavery, the civil war, Jim Crow, civil rights act, amendment etc etc. in age appropriate history lessons....without being fired for it....
If CRT does not involve K-12 then why is every K-12 school board in America discussing it and causing huge backlashes coast to coast?

Weatherman2020
Jewish schools don’t teach that crap !!
You get excellent classes in Jewish history and Holocaust and classes in English and Hebrew and excellent classes in finance and physics and you can make cool things with macaroni.
You can even Star on your sports team by just showing up
Private vs public (government schools.
And I’ll skip the pithy comment about Jewish athletes.

Take a look at those posh NYC private schools that looove them some CRT

if crt wasnt a leftist tool for power and indoctrination you wouldnt be defending it so vehemently like the rest of your comrades .
Yidnar, that's such a juvenile and thoughtless response, you are better than that...!!!

CRT which is taught in college goes into to critical thinking exercises....a level way above the simple teaching of the ups and downs of our history that is taught in elementary and high schools....like, Is Big Brother (govt), systematically a racist system?

from my understanding, those kind of things are not taught in k-12 schools....what teachers are concerned with is the wording in legislation banning the teachings of critical race theory in schools puts teachers in a position of teaching about slavery, jim Crow era,civil war, without being fired for breaking their law....

And the teachers are standing their ground on it....they will continue to teach students about our history regardless of the laws these nimrods want to introduce to stop them from teaching BOTH the ups and downs of it all, the good, the bad and ugly.

Both sides are talking past one another. CRT does not have the same meaning for the opposing sides so no one can agree on anything....and it seems that's what they want...

Bottom line is teachers are not fighting to teach children the college level CRT which to my minimal understanding of it....gets in to a hypothesis that America has continued to be, by the governed, systematically racist.....and things like that....

Teachers just want to be able to teach our history on slavery, the civil war, Jim Crow, civil rights act, amendment etc etc. in age appropriate history lessons....without being fired for it....
If CRT does not involve K-12 then why is every K-12 school board in America discussing it and causing huge backlashes coast to coast?
Because teachers believe you are trying to book burn American history. You call it CRT....

The OP is as hyperbolic as ever when he pants about "public schools are child abuse". But CRT is well beyond just teaching the difficult parts of American history, believe that. CRT has no place in schools for K-12 students.
I agree with you....but I don't believe teachers are backing the teaching of the real CRT in k-12. It's not age appropriate.

You know CRT is only about promoting racism.
and you actually think that's what teachers are teaching in our elementary and high schools and not American history?
Have you ever talked about American history with a college freshman?
College freshmen today can’t even tell you when the war of 1812 was fought, let alone who it was between and why.
They were taught it, but they simply refuse to remember it.

Ever hear of the term "pump and dump"? You study (pump) for a test and then let it all flow out on the test (dump). Ask them the same question they got correct on the test the very next day and they will not be able to answer if their life depended on it.

and you actually think that's what teachers are teaching in our elementary and high schools and not American history?
College freshmen today can’t even tell you when the war of 1812 was fought, let alone who it was between and why.
lots of college freshmen today are unable to do long division
Or read or write cursive or read an analog clock.
Cursive is simply archaic. It should go the way of the Dodo.

Reading an analog clock is still taught. It is sad that we waste so much time on this since I do not even own an analog clock anymore.

Blanket statements will be your undoing.

CRT is simply wrong, but you should not have to lie about it being taught in every school. If my school board does not allow it to be taught, your statement is a lie.

Please tone down your rhetoric. It cheapens the debate.

Can't stop teachers from teaching history.
But yeah, great idea - Homeschool the lil bastards and dumb down America even further.

has-sex-with-teacher-is-homeschooled.jpg
Hundreds of public teachers arrested for statutory rape, shitforbrains.
Meanwhile the Lefts push to normalize pedophillia continues.
How many public school teachers do you think their are in the US?

So hundreds were arrested out of 3.5 million. Assuming 900 (hundreds, not thousands) that works out to less than 0.03%.

Put that broad brush away and stop listening to education bashers.

Can't stop teachers from teaching history.
But yeah, great idea - Homeschool the lil bastards and dumb down America even further.

has-sex-with-teacher-is-homeschooled.jpg
Hundreds of public teachers arrested for statutory rape, shitforbrains.
Meanwhile the Lefts push to normalize pedophillia continues.

^^^

View attachment 512732

LOL!!!! breitbart............
Hilarious. As if you think CNN is real news.
Tell us why you Leftards are fighting every K-12 school board about the racist CRT teaching, Einstein.

There is that blanket statement again that is a bald-faced lie!

That is a leftist lie. CRT isn't history. Now putting the Frankfort School guys under the microscope and studying their evil ways and theories would be studying history.
Now CRT is in the American History Books so something got accomplished.
I thought they called history books social studies now?

lots of college freshmen today are unable to do long division
Or read or write cursive or read an analog clock.
Cursive is simply archaic. It should go the way of the Dodo.

Reading an analog clock is still taught. It is sad that we waste so much time on this since I do not even own an analog clock anymore.

Every conservative on schools, ever:

1. "I hated school growing up."

And also

2. "School should be JUST like it was when I was growing up."

Every. Day. I'm a conservative. We almost universally suck on education.

CRT isn't Murican history....I know that you're not this naive.

the CRT that you are talking about is not age appropriate for k-12, and it's NOT being taught as part of k-12 curriculum, that I am aware?

the CRT that you are talking about is not age appropriate for k-12, and it's NOT being taught as part of k-12 curriculum, that I am aware?

Some are, but as I said above, we live in an all or nothing society now. So one side will screech "Every teacher indoctrinates this!!!" and the other side screeches "This isn't taught anywhere!!!" and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Forum List

Back