Ban Metal Bats?

Fool. A Bat is a bat. The player got hit with a ball, not a bat. Pads are for pussies that can't hang.

Next?

Can you read at all or are you fucking blind?

You guys are complete morons. The reason they are trying to ban them isn't because they just woke up one morning and decided to be asses. Its because metal bats result in faster batted balls, which result in less reaction time for the pitcher, which results in a higher likelihood of injury to the pitcher. When people are dying unnecessarily playing a sport and that sport's governing body or bodies fail to rectify the situation, the People have a duty to act.

Since you're so interested in how Californians govern themselves, why don't you pick up your favorite metal bat and march over there and protest this grave injustice!

I read fine. You obviously have missed that miniscule document titled "the US Constitution". If you can't run in the yard with the big dogs, stay under the fucking porch.

I'm about sick of walking twats like you trying to dumb down any and everything to the lowest common pussy denominator. If you can't hang, stay home hiding behind Mamma's skirt.

If you don't want to get hit with a bat or a ball, don't play. Any team I ever played on would be better off without a puss like you. We played a game and we played to win and if we got hurt we shrugged it off instead of acting like raspberries from sliding into second base was the fault of the ball field owner for not providing us cork to slide on.

You pansies need to get a clue.

I still have a scar on my leg from a girls cleat, but she broke her ankle, and was also out.
I also slid into third base the next inning, and it didn't heal until the season was over, because it would just reopen every game. Most of the girls on my team and some sort of injury. I was also using icee hot by they time I was fourteen.
Sports are not for pussies.

Since you're so interested in how Californians govern themselves, why don't you pick up your favorite metal bat and march over there and protest this grave injustice!

I read fine. You obviously have missed that miniscule document titled "the US Constitution". If you can't run in the yard with the big dogs, stay under the fucking porch.

I'm about sick of walking twats like you trying to dumb down any and everything to the lowest common pussy denominator. If you can't hang, stay home hiding behind Mamma's skirt.

If you don't want to get hit with a bat or a ball, don't play. Any team I ever played on would be better off without a puss like you. We played a game and we played to win and if we got hurt we shrugged it off instead of acting like raspberries from sliding into second base was the fault of the ball field owner for not providing us cork to slide on.

You pansies need to get a clue.

I still have a scar on my leg from a girls cleat, but she broke her ankle, and was also out.
I also slid into third base the next inning, and it didn't heal until the season was over, because it would just reopen every game. Most of the girls on my team and some sort of injury. I was also using icee hot by they time I was fourteen.
Sports are not for pussies.

My point is, YOU wanted to play. Football, baseball, basketball ... you get hurt. It comes with the game. I have broken both my ankles, sprained them a dozen times each, STILL have a torn ACL I refuse to let them hack on, cracked my shin, both shoulders have been separated, numerous concussions ...

I wouldn't trade a single second of it to sit home because I was scared and I damned sure didn't blame the equipment.

We had tshirts in basketball that said it all, " Play hard or Go Home".

I have been hit many times with metal bats, I have also hit people with metal bats. Life is full of risk.
The best part about sports, is the danger.

I don't have a problem with banning metal bats as players get stronger.

A full swing by a high school senior or college player using a metal bat that connects with an 80mph pitch is going to do a lot more damage than a little leaguer swinging at a 50mph pitch.

Changes for reasons of safety are fine so long as they don't change the nature of the game.

College, maybe...At any level below that, the talent pool is just too far dispersed to rationally justify it.

But we're talking New York and Fornicalia here, where rationality in politics is dead.

Yeah, I guess high school / college would be a logical cut off.

Softball and Metal bats go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly. Yeah you can have one or the other but both together is ideal.

If someone fears the metal bat, then they should be benched! Enough of this BS.

Softball and Metal bats go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly. Yeah you can have one or the other but both together is ideal.

If someone fears the metal bat, then they should be benched! Enough of this BS.

I agree...

Softball bats are also shaped differently.

I will also add once again, it is harder to hit a fast fitch, that it is a baseball pitch. ;)

Banning is for weenies.

bubblewrap.jpg

I don't think they should have to ban them, but wood bats are better.. Plus it it cold, wood pants don't hurt your hands as much.
I have also got hit in the head (wearing a helmet), the hand, and a few other places with metal bat. I am sure wood would feel better. :lol:

But on that note, it is still harder to hit women's fast pitch. ;)

:confused: :eek: :wtf:

Metal bats are MORE dangerous than wooden bats. Do you understand concepts like "more" and "less" or is everything either 100% or 0% for you?

Hey why don't we just repeal rules requiring high school football players to wear pads? Football is still dangerous with pads! They don't make a difference. Its just the fucking gubment trying to intrude on their freedom!

Fool. A Bat is a bat. The player got hit with a ball, not a bat. Pads are for pussies that can't hang.

Next?

You guys are complete morons. The reason they are trying to ban them isn't because they just woke up one morning and decided to be asses. Its because metal bats result in faster batted balls, which result in less reaction time for the pitcher, which results in a higher likelihood of injury to the pitcher. When people are dying unnecessarily playing a sport and that sport's governing body or bodies fail to rectify the situation, the People have a duty to act.

Dork, I played baseball in CA, so yes, I have an interest. I have an an interest in anything stupid and unconstitutional.

Next?

Dork, I played baseball in CA, so yes, I have an interest. I have an an interest in anything stupid and unconstitutional.

Do you VOTE in California? Because your profile says you're from Texas.

I would ban them. The game is not the same with metal bats

I also hate the sound......PING

I don't think they should have to ban them, but wood bats are better.. Plus it it cold, wood pants don't hurt your hands as much.
I have also got hit in the head (wearing a helmet), the hand, and a few other places with metal bat. I am sure wood would feel better. :lol:

But on that note, it is still harder to hit women's fast pitch. ;)

:confused: :eek: :wtf:

I don't know what happened there. :lol:

Irrelevant. I lived a third of my life in CA as both a military dependent and on active duty, if that answers your pointless question. Las I checked, California is STILL one of the United States; therefore, governed by the US Constitution.

I'm more than well aware of Left Coast, goober-driven politics and the stupid, PC laws contrived by fools like you. Odd how Constitutional Rights and freedoms are selectively granted by leftwing fuckwits like you.

The fact remains ... if you're too big a pussy to play ball, stay off the field. Otherwise, I don't need some pantywaist like you trying to protect me from competing. You pussies that are too afraid of your own shadows to get your asses out there are always looking for Big Brother to create some sissified rule to protect your delicate little butt cheeks. And it is YOU and your ilk that have slowly and methodically destroyed what this Nation is supposed to be.

Grow some balls, huh?

Irrelevant. I lived a third of my life in CA as both a military dependent and on active duty, if that answers your pointless question. Las I checked, California is STILL one of the United States; therefore, governed by the US Constitution.

I'm more than well aware of Left Coast, goober-driven politics and the stupid, PC laws contrived by fools like you. Odd how Constitutional Rights and freedoms are selectively granted by leftwing fuckwits like you.

I had no idea there was a Constitutional right to use metal bats in high school baseball. Which part of the Constitution guarantees that?

The fact remains ... if you're too big a pussy to play ball, stay off the field. Otherwise, I don't need some pantywaist like you trying to protect me from competing.

I honestly had no idea you played high school baseball, my bad.

With an issue like this, we all have to ask ourselves why the legislators just don't get together with the highschools with their concerns and try to convince them to change their rules rather than creating moratorium and a possible law over it?

They do this shit to make it appear it is necessary to make laws over any little thing. A coop between highschools encouraged by local governments would be just as effective as a mandate or law.

Just sayin'.

Forum List

Back