Ban air conditioners in public places and offices

True, but I think cool, fresh, filtered air is healthier than stale uncirculated funk.

Most A/C's have "just fan" setting to keep the air circulating ... and the filter does knock down the dander and some of the larger organisms ... I use only a fan if the breezes is dead ... and my home is relatively tight ... 100ºF outside gives me 80ºF inside ... so A/C's are for girls ...

Private business providing government services? ... sometimes ... do you know what a fasces symbolizes? ... or why it was common in the United States up until WWII? ... there's one on the back of Mercury dimes ...

Run your A/C all your want to ... just don't say it's the environmentally right thing to do ... and don't sit in your goddam home running the A/C full blast complaining on the internet about climate change ... climate isn't changing, so burn tires ...

Sorry Kid, there is no climate change due to man.

Post 1 & 2 are clickbait

There's nothing to click in post #2 ... how is it clickbait? ... [giggle] ... you of all people should know how much I despise A/C, just one more example of the few Rich ruining the planet for their own selfish wants ...

If you hate the heat, don't move to Phoenix ... if you hate cold, don't move to Barrow ... and if you hate rain, don't move to Oregon ...

There's nothing to click in post #2 ... how is it clickbait? ... [giggle] ... you of all people should know how much I despise A/C, just one more example of the few Rich ruining the planet for their own selfish wants ...

If you hate the heat, don't move to Phoenix ... if you hate cold, don't move to Barrow ... and if you hate rain, don't move to Oregon ...
What kind of brainwashing is taking place in schools that produce radicals like you?

Air conditioning is a blessing to modern man just as fire was to ancient humans

Seems like some here would feel better living in Spain.

Limiting air conditioning, food shortage, inflation, coming out of two years of lockdowns. I'm sure everything will fine over there.

A/C extracts heat from the air and also produces water as a by product ducted off to the ground. Since water droplets are not transferred to the ducting, the transmission of droplets containing viruses is nominal in AC systems. Evaporative cooking is more likely to transmit viral content in the form of water droplets.

This leads to colds and infections with bad microflora, tuberculosis and so on. Creates a large load on the power grid. Who doesn't like the heat let them go back to Britain

This is funny. But it is not happening in Georgia. When it is over 100 degrees outside and the humidity is 90%, there WILL be a/c anyplace people are spending the day working in business clothes.

I say to each their own. If you want to not use the A/C, so be it, but don't tell me what I should do.

I can figure out what I want to do all by myself.

My rule is, if you have your thermostat set above 78 degrees in the summer, don't invite me over to your terrarium.

This is funny. But it is not happening in Georgia. When it is over 100 degrees outside and the humidity is 90%, there WILL be a/c anyplace people are spending the day working in business clothes.
A/C is dry. The water-particle transmission would be low. A/C relies on removing the heat from the air, and, when it does, water results and is shunted off.

Not only A/C's, but lets get rid of the wheel also. Looks what it's done to our environment.
Vehicles use them, machines use them, all have to use fossil fuels at some point.

Wheels are not harmful to our health. And I am not against the combustion of fuel, but it is necessary to burn it not to the detriment of yourself. There, in addition to fuel, there is also a load on the power grid, because air conditioners are quite powerful.

No one has seen anyone get sick from "global warming" or CO2 emissions. And from air conditioners are constant health problems.

/----/ "The human waste in the streets is baked by the sun and becomes fecal dust that is breathed in. "
A little history lesson. This was the issue in major cities like New York. Instead of human waste, it was horse manure all over the streets. The city picked up tons of it every day and had to dump it somewhere. That raised a smell and more fecal dust.

In the summer, the heat would dry it, the wind whipped up the dust and blew it all over the place, on people's clothes, on food vendors' carts, and into homes and offices.
That is why the NY Times hailed the invention of the automobile that eliminated the horses.
no one gets sick from horse shit. There is no evidence that people on ranches and horse farms are sick people, on the contrary, they are healthy. Perhaps horse manure is healing. The biggest problems from dog shit.

Wheels are not harmful to our health. And I am not against the combustion of fuel, but it is necessary to burn it not to the detriment of yourself. There, in addition to fuel, there is also a load on the power grid, because air conditioners are quite powerful.

No one has seen anyone get sick from "global warming" or CO2 emissions. And from air conditioners are constant health problems.

In the southeast, the heat and humidity can be hazardous to your health.

And the idea of working in an office with no air conditioning, in Atlanta, is pure hell. I doubt many people would wear business attire, even business casual, if the temps in the office were in the high 80s or in the 90s. I am not going to sweat my ass off because someone in a cooler climate thinks it is a good idea.

You don't know how air conditioners work, do you? They actually filter the air. If you'd rather walk around in a fog of unfiltered recirculated breath mist, set that up in your house and let us know how it goes - if you can get anyone to visit.
Do not lie. People used to get along just fine without that crap.

I say to each their own. If you want to not use the A/C, so be it, but don't tell me what I should do.

I can figure out what I want to do all by myself.
But in public places no one asks you.

Forum List

Back