Background checks?

Seems some folk in California, and very likely other states, don't care about background checks.

They've decided to make their own guns.

Feds charge 8 in California with distributing homemade guns

Any ideas on how to prevent this?

Life, no parole.

hmm, sounds like you are guaranteeing that someone who might be charged with a minor offense will have no reason NOT to try to kill an arresting officer then

We can always fry 'em.

No, life without parole. It's not minor.

Yep, that's worked so well in the war on drugs.

You think they just need a hug? :eusa_angel:

Seems some folk in California, and very likely other states, don't care about background checks.

Life, no parole.

hmm, sounds like you are guaranteeing that someone who might be charged with a minor offense will have no reason NOT to try to kill an arresting officer then

We can always fry 'em.

Nope. In fact these guys they busted i think SHOULD spend eternity in prison. They were making and selling illegal NFA weapons. Those no doubt made it into the hands of narco terrorists so i feel no pity for them. I just find your "kill them all" attitude to be less than helpful. Or original.

Life, no parole.

We can always fry 'em.

Nope. In fact these guys they busted i think SHOULD spend eternity in prison. They were making and selling illegal NFA weapons. Those no doubt made it into the hands of narco terrorists so i feel no pity for them. I just find your "kill them all" attitude to be less than helpful. Or original.

I saw no mitigating factors.

Keeping and bearing arms is explicitly enumerated and affirmed in the Constitution as aright which government is forbidden to infringe. Certainly, this right must necessarily include the right to manufacture and trade arms; for a right to possess something would be meaningless if acquiring that thing can be a crime.

You know that something is terribly progressoed up when anyone thinks that he can credibly argue that the legitimate free exercise of a Constitutional right should be treated as a serious crime, which merits a life sentence.

And your money is just as good as mine. You can challenge that in the Supreme Court.

The man hasn't given two shits and has no idea what my stances are on sentencing.

Only one way to reduce the possibility.

1984-by-opallynn-d4lnuoh.jpg

Has any of the fine members here at USMB ever known (coff, coff) any one that has owned or fired a "ghost gun"? I have a funny feeling that the number of these weapons is steadily increasing... Just a curiosity question...

Has any of the fine members here at USMB ever known (coff, coff) any one that has owned or fired a "ghost gun"? I have a funny feeling that the number of these weapons is steadily increasing... Just a curiosity question...
No but I've considered building one which BTW is NOT illegal if you're only making for yourself. Basically all you need to complete one is an 80% lower receiver, a lower receiver that you have to finish drilling and milling.
Oh and:
1. Can legally own a firearm in your state/county/city (not a felon, etc…)
2. Manufacturing only for personal use
3. Configuration is legal in your state/county/city (National Firearms Act rules apply for short barreled rifles, automatics, etc…)

Life, no parole.

We can always fry 'em.

California is releasing a boat load of criminals from prison. Seems like democrats can't help themselves. They release the scum and then they want the guns. I'll NEVER give up any guns.

Life, no parole.

We can always fry 'em.

California is releasing a boat load of criminals from prison. Seems like democrats can't help themselves. They release the scum and then they want the guns. I'll NEVER give up any guns.

ok.

Yep. Gangbangers love this. I still maintain my stance.

There really isn't. In the end I don't need a 3D printer to make a device that will launch a projectile fast enough to kill a fool. Hel you can do that with just a stick and a string. A criminal will always find a way to commit crimes. If you want a good example just look up the cologne school mass killing. Dude made a flame thrower out of a pump sprayer. What law would have prevented that? A few years ago we had a collage kid go on a slashing spree with a snap knife, what law would have prevented that?

if they sale them to people who can't legally buy one execute them with one of their own firearms
that wouldnt work because everyone not in jail is legal to own one under the 2nd amendment,,,

I think a person can buy or make his gun with complete freedom.

And that the only requirement to own it and keep it must be the approval that the weapon is SAFE to be used. This is to say, that can be tested and show that it won't explode in your hand when you pull the trigger.

Beyond this requirement, the government should mind its own business and let the Second Amendment be respected by letting the people to have their guns without other additional restrictions but the current ones, like practicing shooting in certain locations only, etc.

Relevant reading. Emphasis mine.

''The current background check system violates numerous parts of the Bill of Rights. The Ron Paul Institute is correct in its assessment that background checks violate the First and Fifth Amendments because they “compel people to speak [and] provide information about themselves,” and “because you have to provide evidence against yourself in order to [acquire] a gun.”

The Brady System is also unconstitutional on Tenth Amendment grounds because the mandate to provide this information is not one of the federal government’s constitutional functions.

Last but certainly not least, background checks turn the presumption of innocence on its head. Instead of being free to acquire a firearm without government duress, law-abiding citizens are forced to submit records proving their innocence to a faceless bureaucracy. On what planet is this requirement not a violation of the very civil liberties enshrined in our legal tradition?''

Continued - Background Checks Are Unconstitutional, Not ‘Common Sense’

Relevant reading. Emphasis mine.

''The current background check system violates numerous parts of the Bill of Rights. The Ron Paul Institute is correct in its assessment that background checks violate the First and Fifth Amendments because they “compel people to speak [and] provide information about themselves,” and “because you have to provide evidence against yourself in order to [acquire] a gun.”

The Brady System is also unconstitutional on Tenth Amendment grounds because the mandate to provide this information is not one of the federal government’s constitutional functions.

Last but certainly not least, background checks turn the presumption of innocence on its head. Instead of being free to acquire a firearm without government duress, law-abiding citizens are forced to submit records proving their innocence to a faceless bureaucracy. On what planet is this requirement not a violation of the very civil liberties enshrined in our legal tradition?''

Continued - Background Checks Are Unconstitutional, Not ‘Common Sense’
Nonsense.

The courts have consistently held that background checks are perfectly Constitutional.

Forum List

Back