Bachmann remains clueless

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Bachmann on the spot in Iowa - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

WINTERSET, Iowa - Michele Bachmann tried to explain her health care policy to a worried woman without health insurance on Saturday, as her campaign tried to explain the embarrassing exodus of several New Hampshire staffers.
At a town hall meeting here, a woman who identified herself as a 63-year-old without health insurance challenged Bachmann about what she is going to do to replace President Obama's health care law.

The GOP presidential contender has said she will make repealing it her top priority.

"My son is 22 and he's on an expanded Medicaid program that's under 'Obamacare,'" the woman said to Bachmann. "You often talk about stopping 'Obamacare.' I want to know what you're going to do ... I can't afford $1,000 a month."

The questioner shook her head and looked annoyed as the 55-year-old Minnesota congresswoman recalled her own parents paying $5 when she visited the doctor as a child in Iowa.

Bachmann blamed federal government intervention for raising prices, and contended that increasing competition among insurance companies and reining in medical malpractice costs will help make health insurance more affordable.

She also suggested private charity as an option.

They don't give a shit, and they're not going to give a shit. You're not insured? Too bad, so fucking sad.

Besides the fact that Bachmann is pretty much done and out of money, not sure what your point is here.

ObamaCare is probably unconstitutional, and it doesn't address the real problem. The problem is that health care costs are spiralling out of control, to the point where insurance can't be afforded or offered by any but the richest employers.

Companies are making the choice between increasing premiums and dropping employees at this point.

Unfortunately single payer universal health care will be more expensive than what we have now. We could easily end up like England.

Bachmann blamed federal government intervention for raising prices, and contended that increasing competition among insurance companies and reining in medical malpractice costs will help make health insurance more affordable.

Ridiculous and idiotic – even if Bachmann’s proposals were implemented, the price ‘drop’ would be insignificant, if any at all. Indeed, the woman in the article wouldn’t be able to afford a $900 per month premium any more than a $1000 premium.

But rightwing ideologues like Bachmann refuse to admit the fact that the ‘free market’ is not the solution for everything.

Unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable.

A classic example of rightist dogma.

As clueless as Bachmann may be........her supporters are even more clueless

WINTERSET, Iowa - Michele Bachmann tried to explain her health care policy to a worried woman without health insurance on Saturday, as her campaign tried to explain the embarrassing exodus of several New Hampshire staffers.
At a town hall meeting here, a woman who identified herself as a 63-year-old without health insurance challenged Bachmann about what she is going to do to replace President Obama's health care law.

The GOP presidential contender has said she will make repealing it her top priority.

"My son is 22 and he's on an expanded Medicaid program that's under 'Obamacare,'" the woman said to Bachmann. "You often talk about stopping 'Obamacare.' I want to know what you're going to do ... I can't afford $1,000 a month."

The questioner shook her head and looked annoyed as the 55-year-old Minnesota congresswoman recalled her own parents paying $5 when she visited the doctor as a child in Iowa.

They don't give a shit, and they're not going to give a shit. You're not insured? Too bad, so fucking sad.

Call me when she has hit 57 states and claims there is one more to go.... then we'll discuss clueless.

Ridiculous and idiotic – even if Bachmann’s proposals were implemented, the price ‘drop’ would be insignificant, if any at all. Indeed, the woman in the article wouldn’t be able to afford a $900 per month premium any more than a $1000 premium.

But rightwing ideologues like Bachmann refuse to admit the fact that the ‘free market’ is not the solution for everything.

Everybody knows that the only way to "fix" health care is for the Feds to run it......

Next up.... the $500 cotton ball.

You people are so utterly clueless.

Call me when she has hit 57 states and claims there is one more to go.... then we'll discuss clueless.

You're in the wrong thread, grandpa. This thread is about Michelle too-dumb-to-come Bachmann.

Go back to bed. Pee first, then go back to bed.

You're accusing someone else of being clueless? That's got to be the whopper of all time. She sounds like a Obama plant. If the 22 year old can't afford to pay his medical bills, then he's already eligible for Medicaid. Of course, on has to wonder why he doesn't have insurance, and why grandma is paying his bills rather than his parents. I'm sure if you investigate granny's story, you'll find that she's a bald faced liar or at the least she has left out all kinds of pertinent facts.

You're in the wrong thread, grandpa. This thread is about Michelle too-dumb-to-come Bachmann.

Don't mind gramps (although the fact that I have almost ten years on him makes it difficult to call him that). If Bachmann was right, he would have addressed that issue. It's when they have nothing that they try to change the subject.

Don't mind gramps (although the fact that I have almost ten years on him makes it difficult to call him that). If Bachmann was right, he would have addressed that issue. It's when they have nothing that they try to change the subject.

Maybe both of you should learn to read. That's not me your quoting. Nor did I post off topic. And yes I am a young grandpa. Happily so because at my ripe young age I can be very active with my kids and grandkids. We do concerts, video games, fishing, outdoor games, occasional bar hoping (which is always fun shutting down guys around my girls).

uhhh BD is just uhhh...focusing on Bachmann because err...She's a threat to Obamas presidency. Uhhhh...

Everybody knows that the only way to "fix" health care is for the Feds to run it......

Next up.... the $500 cotton ball.

You people are so utterly clueless.

Which healthcare proposal had "the Feds" running things?

You're accusing someone else of being clueless? That's got to be the whopper of all time. She sounds like a Obama plant. If the 22 year old can't afford to pay his medical bills, then he's already eligible for Medicaid. Of course, on has to wonder why he doesn't have insurance, and why grandma is paying his bills rather than his parents. I'm sure if you investigate granny's story, you'll find that she's a bald faced liar or at the least she has left out all kinds of pertinent facts.

Or else you would find that Republicans just don't give a shit

Or else you would find that Republicans just don't give a shit

Her SON. Not her grandson. SON. Your comprehension leaves much to be desired.

Maybe both of you should learn to read. That's not me your quoting. Nor did I post off topic. And yes I am a young grandpa. Happily so because at my ripe young age I can be very active with my kids and grandkids. We do concerts, video games, fishing, outdoor games, occasional bar hoping (which is always fun shutting down guys around my girls).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BmurO7ZW_Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player]The Andy Griffith Show Opening Credits - YouTube[/ame]

No, it’s Obama’ enemies who must prove the woman in the article is a ‘plant.’ But it makes no difference, the situation in the article is representative of millions of Americans if the ACA were repealed.

If the 22 year old can't afford to pay his medical bills, then he's already eligible for Medicaid.

Wrong again, at least you’re consistent. Medicaid eligibility stops at age 21, 18 in most states.

https://www.cms.gov/MedicaidEligibility/02_AreYouEligible_.asp#TopOfPage

No, it’s Obama’ enemies who must prove the woman in the article is a ‘plant.’ But it makes no difference, the situation in the article is representative of millions of Americans if the ACA were repealed.

If the 22 year old can't afford to pay his medical bills, then he's already eligible for Medicaid.

Wrong again, at least you’re consistent. Medicaid eligibility stops at age 21, 18 in most states.

https://www.cms.gov/MedicaidEligibility/02_AreYouEligible_.asp#TopOfPage

Thankfully, under Obamacare, he is covered under his parents policy until the age of 26

Under GOP Repeal and Replace with nothing....he is screwed

Forum List

Back