Bachman defys the GOP

It is a power struggle for the control of the republican party.

Keep pushing right you will have a tiny powerless party

The vast majority of Americans voted in the tea party to represent them in 2010 "You may have heard about it, it was an history election". I would say to keep pushing right, because that's where the vast majority of america wants to be. And that does not constitute a tiny powerless party if the majority of americans want it that way. Only 2012 will tell us where this country will be going in the future, down the shitter "Under Obama" or back to prosperity "Under the tea party".

and the country has major buyer remorse if you havent noticed

we have always be a divergent party.

The GOP has long marched in locked step.

Not so much now.

The Bachmans who live in crazy districts will keep this up.

There are many Rs who went home and got a earful from their coinstituents and are NOW going to have to help the American people or lose their elections

It's not up to politicians to help people "With welfare etc.", it's up to the individual to help themselves. The politicians where meant to go to washington to prevent harmful bills from being signed into law that would HURT there constituents', not provide a life for them off the backs of everyone else.

Ok.

So what's your point ?

First you complain the party marches in lockstep...now you're complaining because they aren't.

I sorta find it refreshing.

Although I think that what Bachmann did in terms of pork for her personal gain should earn her a one way ticket out of office.

That really should be illegal.

If it where illegal 99% of congress and the president would all be in jail right now. I say sign an amendment to the constitution banning pork and all other wasteful attachments from future bills. Let the candidates run in their district off of their representation, not the "What can you do for me" mentality.

Of course they would. And, I agree, there should be no pork in bills.

But both sides are as guilty as the other and, until 'we, the People' stop bitching at each other and start holding our politicians accountable, it can't happen. Which is, of course, why politicians work so hard at dividing the people.

the party is splintered and that is a fact.

retard.jpg

Ok.

So what's your point ?

First you complain the party marches in lockstep...now you're complaining because they aren't.

Although I think that what Bachmann did in terms of pork for her personal gain should earn her a one way ticket out of office.

If it where illegal 99% of congress and the president would all be in jail right now. I say sign an amendment to the constitution banning pork and all other wasteful attachments from future bills. Let the candidates run in their district off of their representation, not the "What can you do for me" mentality.

There's nothing wrong with government building infrastructure or helping to promote a business.

There is something wrong when a Representative personally profits from it.

And if your "amendment" restricted that..I would be first on line to sign your petition.

The vast majority of Americans voted in the tea party to represent them in 2010 "You may have heard about it, it was an history election". I would say to keep pushing right, because that's where the vast majority of america wants to be. And that does not constitute a tiny powerless party if the majority of americans want it that way. Only 2012 will tell us where this country will be going in the future, down the shitter "Under Obama" or back to prosperity "Under the tea party".

AT obama and the overspending, not at the tea party members who put a stop to it. I have a feeling you are going to be very disappointed come November 2012. But keep drinking the koolaid, because I am anxiously awaiting the meltdown.

Not so much now.

There are many Rs who went home and got a earful from their coinstituents and are NOW going to have to help the American people or lose their elections

It's not up to politicians to help people "With welfare etc.", it's up to the individual to help themselves. The politicians where meant to go to washington to prevent harmful bills from being signed into law that would HURT there constituents', not provide a life for them off the backs of everyone else.

You hold a minority opinion on that

There's nothing wrong with government building infrastructure or helping to promote a business.

And if your "amendment" restricted that..I would be first on line to sign your petition.

If it was going to rebuild infrastructure etc, they would not need to put it in the bill as pork, they could just do up a bill for the rebuilding of infrastructure without any pork at all. These are put in the bills as a check to the representative to pay themselves off or pay them off for their vote. I am not saying every penny goes to them, but they skim it. How many politicians that you know of have not gotten rich as a politician? No way in hell should a politician become a millionaire as a politician unless there is corruption involved.

Those of us who are capable of seeing the political scene logically know that. The problem is that we have 'buyers remorse' with BOTH. Idiot.

Not so much now.

According to the results of the 2010 election I would have to say you're wrong.

The GOP is split in two

I don't know if it's "split in two", but it was obvious Boehner wasn't in control after most of the TP didn't buy his "compromise". That includes Bachmann.

This primary is going to be interesting. I think it will either be the TP high water mark or the beginning of them taking over the GOP and minimalizing the more moderate members.

In actually reading the article, I find it interesting that Boehner and the GOP have come to the realization that America doesn't want to see more bickering. I've wondered if Obama can out maneuver them by "playing it cool" even though the economy is a mess. If he can make the House seem out of control, then they might pick up enough blame to give him enough votes to count.

Oh, and Bachmann is done. Stick a fork in her. Her "high water" mark was buying the Ames straw poll. Not that running was a bad idea for her. She increased her political capital.

Last edited:

If it was going to rebuild infrastructure etc, they would not need to put it in the bill as pork, they could just do up a bill for the rebuilding of infrastructure without any pork at all. These are put in the bills as a check to the representative to pay themselves off or pay them off for their vote. I am not saying every penny goes to them, but they skim it. How many politicians that you know of have not gotten rich as a politician? No way in hell should a politician become a millionaire as a politician unless there is corruption involved.

Alot of politicians become rich after leaving office. They go to work for corporate entities they lobbied for..

I think that should be illegal too.

Only 39 T party candidates won, while 86% of all incumbents won. I would say the facts would say a vast majority of voters did not vote for the T party.

According to the results of the 2010 election I would have to say you're wrong.

Then why do so many Americans have a dim veiw of the republicans in congress?

Those of us who are capable of seeing the political scene logically know that. The problem is that we have 'buyers remorse' with BOTH. Idiot.

Indeed. The problem is to discover what to do about it. We might have a better chance of doing that if we were less prone to calling each other "idiot".

i wonder if bachmann's "massive cuts include cuts to her farm subsidies or her husband's medicare money that he gets for praying away the gay. (and has it worked for him?).

How's paralegal school going honey?

:lol:

Forum List

Back