Award-winning sandwiches

No worries. Someday, I shall make it out east again and then Lenny's will be mine.

Have some good Reubens over the Holidays. I do some of my most dangerous eating during this period.

I hear that! Prime rib Christmas Eve, lobster Christmas Day.

I told my daughter that it's time for her to start having the families at the holidays. She should also start making kielbasa as was the tradition when her Polish grandmother was hosting years ago. She looks so like her grandmother and she loves Christmas. It's time to pass the mantle.

Have some good Reubens over the Holidays. I do some of my most dangerous eating during this period.

I told my daughter that it's time for her to start having the families at the holidays. She should also start making kielbasa as was the tradition when her Polish grandmother was hosting years ago. She looks so like her grandmother and she loves Christmas. It's time to pass the mantle.

My parents used to make kielbasa in tomato sauce and pasta as part if Christmas dinner. I loved it, but my wife will not even consider it. Is this grounds for a divorce? LOL

My parents used to make kielbasa in tomato sauce and pasta as part if Christmas dinner. I loved it, but my wife will not even consider it. Is this grounds for a divorce? LOL

My mother in law used to make it with sauerkraut. I don't like it that much but it's a tradition in their family. It's what Christmas is all about, imo.

She also used to make ham balls. They were sweet and gooey and delish! She was a great cook.

Some of my favorite long time tenants are an old polish couple.

He used to be a butcher and still makes kielbasa they give me some every year with home made pierogies and galabkis

I love that stuff. I tell them every year that I want them to outlive me so I can keep getting their food for Christmas.

That sounds good, too! So while currently not kielbasa, what is the current dinner tradition for your family?

Some of my favorite long time tenants are an old polish couple.

He used to be a butcher and still makes kielbasa they give me some every year with home made pierogies and galabkis

I love that stuff. I tell them every year that I want them to outlive me so I can keep getting their food for Christmas.

Love pierogies, which I discovered in Pittsburgh. I make them sometimes, but they are very labor intensive.

That sounds good, too! So while currently not kielbasa, what is the current dinner tradition for your family?

Great thread, Betty. Something everyone can get into.

Great thread, Betty. Something everyone can get into.

Thanks! Now I'm torn between just keeping on here, and starting a "Christmas dinner" thread. :)

My wife makes deep fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that are amazing

She makes a double decker PBJ and trims the crust then cuts them in quarters. She then dips them in egg, flour and Panko crumbs and deep fries them

When they come out she sprinkles a little powdered sugar on them

Tastes like a desert

I'm not usually there for dinner so I always make breakfast. An egg dish, some kind of fancy side, all around boring bullshit, really. That's why I want her to start doing it so we can all be together for the day. I always help her so that part would also add to the tradition.

I go to my side of the family in the afternoon. Lots of drinking and catty infighting. Lol, sound fun? He travels to his family earlier in the month.

She makes a double decker PBJ and trims the crust then cuts them in quarters. She then dips them in egg, flour and Panko crumbs and deep fries them

Tastes like a desert

Dessert.

Speaking of which. I have been known to take a piece of 12-grain bread. Cover it with peanut butter, then strawberry jam, then stick a short banana on top, drizzle with chocolate syrup, and wrap the bread around the banana like a hot dog bun.

Osonummy.

I'm not usually there for dinner so I always make breakfast. An egg dish, some kind of fancy side, all around boring bullshit, really. That's why I want her to start doing it so we can all be together for the day. I always help her so that part would also add to the tradition.

I go to my side of the family in the afternoon. Lots of drinking and catty infighting. Lol, sound fun? He travels to his family earlier in the month.

Sorta fun. Maybe not. ;)

These days, I go to my daughter's in-laws for Christmas Eve, and upstairs (I rent my sister's lower level) Christmas day.

Tastes like a desert

Dessert.

Speaking of which. I have been known to take a piece of 12-grain bread. Cover it with peanut butter, then strawberry jam, then stick a short banana on top, drizzle with chocolate syrup, and wrap the bread around the banana like a hot dog bun.

Osonummy.

LOL, I stand corrected

It doesn't taste like a desert

Tastes like a desert

I like sandwiches made on French toast, like a Monte Cristo. And my French toast is killer. The combination of sweet and savoury is great.

Aside from hamburgers (as they are my favorite), the best sandwich I ever had was at the Mile End deli in Brooklyn New York. It's called a Smoked Meat sandwich made with smoked beef brisket, and served on rye bread with mustard. Sides are pickle, cole slaw and fries.

The best sandwich on the planet is a Primanti Brothers Roast beef.

primanti-brothers.jpg

After having heard about the Primanti Brothers sandwiches for years, I finally had one in October. I was very disappointed. It was huge, and filling, but not that tasty.

I had never heard of them until I went to Pittsburgh.

I thought they were great.

Excellent sandwich

If ever in the Bay Area try the chicken sandwich at Bake Sale Betty's in Oakland

Soooooooo good

Forum List

Back