automotive question

I want my car I pay good bucks for to be reliable and get me from point A to B so I could tinker with my toys or get paid to fix something.

Replaced many a clutch in my youth.
But it was mainly to put in a high performance one.
That always sucked with the extra weight of the transfer case which made it awkward to support as well.

I always hated that crap, I despised working on cars, now give me an outboard motor or a hydraulic pump....

Yeah,working on an outboard is cake.
Remove the engine cowl and everything is right there.

That always sucked with the extra weight of the transfer case which made it awkward to support as well.

I always hated that crap, I despised working on cars, now give me an outboard motor or a hydraulic pump....

You know me pal...

image_5901.jpg
image_5905.jpg

I have a 2003 Trailblazer 2wd 6 cylinder with over 200,000 miles on it. I rebuilt the transmission last year because the 3-4 clutch failed. I notice that in 4th gear with the torque converter clutch applied, at 70 mph the motor runs about 1900 rpm.

Now, I just purchased a 2003 envoy with the same motor but it is a 4wd, and only has 100k miles on it. It's in good condition but I wonder about the gearing. At 70 mph in 4th gear with the torque converter clutch applied, the motor runs about 2200 rpm. The trans is not slipping and the fluid is red without a burnt odor. Does anyone know if there is a slight gearing difference that may account for this?
Check your final drive ratios on the vehicles. Are they 3.42, 3.73 or 4.01? 3.42 was standard but GM had an option for the 3.73 or 4.01. Chances are one of them has the option. That may explain your RPM spike.

I want my car I pay good bucks for to be reliable and get me from point A to B so I could tinker with my toys or get paid to fix something.

The only time I ever enjoyed working on my own shit was when I was improving performance in someway.

Once again I used to boat race from 13 years old to 32 ..

It's a huge challenge modifying the out board motors and I wanted my vehicles to get me from point A to B so i could play..

You know me pal...

View attachment 175240 View attachment 175241

I'd hardly call that an outboard!! :eek2:

You know me pal...

Dude...that's insane...but super cool.

You know me pal...

I'd hardly call that an outboard!! :eek2:

Your in Texas right?

The world record holder in 750 cc hydro is my child hood friend that lives in the Dallas area.

130 mph

SeanMcKeanstory.jpg

I always mod my daily driver to suite my needs.
In this case it was so I could run the logging roads pulling my lifted trailer and SxS so we can pull the Jon Boat to remote Ox-bows that are loaded with big bass.
upload_2018-2-6_18-11-41.png

upload_2018-2-6_18-2-14.png

upload_2018-2-6_18-2-43.png

In this case it was so I could run the logging roads pulling my lifted trailer and SxS so we can pull the Jon Boat to remote Ox-bows that are loaded with big bass.
View attachment 175257

View attachment 175250
View attachment 175252

And to hear the lefties post you are just a poor redneck making only $7 bucks an hour.

View attachment 175257

View attachment 175250
View attachment 175252

View attachment 175258

Impossible...you make shit wages

Fake news..

View attachment 175257

View attachment 175250
View attachment 175252

And to hear the lefties post you are just a poor redneck making only $7 bucks an hour.

Yeah....it's a real bitch being a Po Southerner.

View attachment 175257

View attachment 175250
View attachment 175252

View attachment 175258

So let's recap according to the left, you make minimum wage.

Yet you have:

A great house

A red truck

A blue truck

A ATV

All that on just making shit wages?

Impossible

View attachment 175257

View attachment 175250
View attachment 175252

View attachment 175258

Impossible...you make shit wages

Fake news..

They were so shitty I had to wait until I was 46 to retire.
It just ain't fair...

View attachment 175257

View attachment 175250
View attachment 175252

View attachment 175258

Btw what is that blue truck?

View attachment 175257

View attachment 175250
View attachment 175252

View attachment 175258

So let's recap according to the left, you make minimum wage.

Yet you have:

A great house

A red truck

A blue truck

A ATV

All that on just making shit wages?

Impossible

It's tough being a poor southerner.

View attachment 175257

View attachment 175250
View attachment 175252

View attachment 175258

Hey but you suck, how come no green grass?

View attachment 175257

View attachment 175250
View attachment 175252

View attachment 175258

Btw what is that blue truck?

An FJ.

Forum List

Back