Autobiography of a Yogi

Mr. H.

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2009
A warm place with no memory.
A friend suggested this book when I was in college in the 70's. It greatly helped me through some deeply troubling times. Soon after, we shared a house near campus where we fashioned a meditation room in the basement. It took a while for me to get the technique down, but once I did it was a very enlightening experience.

So last night I was browsing Netflix and came upon this...

AWAKE

And in searching for a link to the book... I found the book. Free online.

Autobiography of a Yogi

Enjoy and enlighten. :thup:

In 1974, the band Yes released an album titled "Tales From Topographic Oceans". It was comprised of four 20+ minute songs. One per double-album side. I was immediately stricken by its brilliance. It took me another couple of years to notice the fine-printed liner notes which referenced the influence of this book as an inspiration to its production.

Having read "Autobiography of a Yogi", I ate some acid and gave the album a spin. The music dovetailed the book perfectly. Both unfolded in my mind with perfect brilliance and precise clarity.

Whether or not you've read the book (or dropped acid), here it is for your enjoyment...

I got to watch about half of it before the boy-child revolted. At which point we watched Rhett and Link shove disgusting food items in their mouths. I thought that the clips from the 1920s were awesome. I remember this guy and the level of influence that he had through other books that I had read but to see it on film was pretty cool.

Forum List

Back