Austin, TX: Bomb Threat against Mosque turns out to have come from a Muslim

Steinlight

VIP Member
Jan 30, 2014
So much for this being an "islamophobic" hate crime by a white domestic terrorist.

A man in his 50s is accused of making bomb threats at a Muslim business and the community center where he was staying Tuesday, according to a Travis County arrest affidavit.

According to the Austin Police Department, 54-year-old Azzam Ahmed Baytie made two bomb threats at a North Austin Muslim Community Center and a Middle Eastern-style food truck near the Arab Cowboy Cafe and Hookah Lounge. The community center is in North Austin, and the cafe is located in West Campus.

Baytie is charged with terroristic threat, a third-degree felony.

Baytie was previously found guilty of making a terroristic threat and criminal trespassing after a 2008 incident at the same mosque at the North Austin Muslim Community Center. Baytie reportedly told police he had a bomb in his backpack. Authorities scanned the backpack with an X-ray machine and found electronic parts inside, prompting them to destroy the backpack as a precaution.

NuZQUTv.jpg

Man arrested following business mosque bomb threats

good to see , thanks for the news . My friends in Texas will be interested in seeing this if they don't already know .

I couldn't finish the article as I had tears in my eyes from laughing after reading 'The Arab Cowboy Cafe and Hookah Lounge'.
Best bar-b-que camel east of the Pecos?

Forum List

Back