Attacks On Jews Around the World

I know However, today Surada and other posters have a “ excuse “ for what’s happening today ; not the last 2000 years
Surada is obsessed, addicted to what she learned as a child in Arabia. Nothing can be done about the way she insists in seeing things, or anyone else. It is all based on what they have learned in their Christian upbringing, and how their minds work when given the information they are given.

Their excuse is the same as it has always been with all other accusations for the past 2000 years.

Empty, nothing to see, but they must hold on to those allegations to give vent to how they are made to feel after years of being exposed to nothing but negative ideas about the Jewish people.

Am Israel Chai !!!

[ It starts with allegations, and repeating those allegations, until someone, somewhere sees a Jew, who is NOT an Israeli, but regardless of that, the Jew is physically attacked. It has been happening more and more with people willing to commit acts of violence, taking it out on any Jew, because of accusations about Israel.

It must be repeated that not one Russian has been attacked for the invasion on Ukraine, much less any Ukrainian was attacked for defending their country.
No one has attacked any Chinese people for the treatment of Muslims in China. Or taking land from Tibet. OR Turkey taking land from Cyprus. etc, etc, etc.

Humans who refuse to think, will always be led to do the dirty job for those who just stand behind and watch.]

Surada is obsessed, addicted to what she learned as a child in Arabia. Nothing can be done about the way she insists in seeing things, or anyone else. It is all based on what they have learned in their Christian upbringing, and how their minds work when given the information they are given.

Their excuse is the same as it has always been with all other accusations for the past 2000 years.

Empty, nothing to see, but they must hold on to those allegations to give vent to how they are made to feel after years of being exposed to nothing but negative ideas about the Jewish people.

Am Israel Chai !!!

I've been to the Holy Lands several times and I have known many Palestinians since 1950.

I have many Jewish friends that I see several times a week.

You assume a lot. Maybe you're wrong about the Palestinian Arabs. You live in Israel, right?

The Harvard University graduate students who were caught on film accosting and shoving a Jewish classmate during an anti-Israel “die-in” protest remain in good standing with the school, with one of the assailants avoiding discipline altogether, according to a lawsuit.

The complaint, which was filed Wednesday afternoon, accuses the Ivy League institution of failing to combat “outrageous antisemitic conduct” and ignoring “Jewish students’ pleas for protection.” Cited as an example is the Oct. 18 “die-in” protest held outside Harvard Business School, during which law student Ibrahim Bharmal and divinity school graduate student Elom Tettey-Tamaklo were filmed laying hands on an Israeli business school student. While a video of the incident—which the Washington Free Beacon first reported—went viral, Bharmal and Tettey-Tamaklo have largely avoided punishment, according to the suit.

Harvard “has not imposed any discipline on Bharmal,” who attended another unsanctioned anti-Semitic protest less than two weeks after the “die-in,” according to the suit. While Harvard did remove Tettey-Tamaklo from his role as a freshman proctor, the school “has done nothing to sanction” him otherwise, the suit says.

-----
“The videos that have been made public, particularly the most recent violent assault of an Israeli student on the Harvard Business School campus, allow us all to see how Jewish and Israeli students are targets of threats and violence from groups of pro-Palestinian students,” Romney, Klarman, and other graduates wrote in the letter. “Despite these serious concerns, University leadership shockingly has been paralyzed. … We fear that history is on the verge of repeating itself.”

(full article online)

A Lyft driver kicked a Chabad rabbi out of his car in Washington, D.C., and attacked him on Sunday, sending the latter to an urgent care facility with cuts on his face.

Menachem Shemtov, 29, director of Chabad Georgetown, and the son and grandson of prominent Chabad-Lubavitch rabbis in the nation’s capital, told The Washington Post that he asked the driver to lower the music in the car. The driver, who looked much younger than the photo on the Lyft app suggested, turned the music off.

“He made a passive-aggressive comment about how I should book a quiet car next time,” Shemtov told the Post. “Then 20 seconds later, he said, ‘Get out of my car.'” Pressed for a reason, the man said, “I don’t like your energy. Your energy is kind of offending me.”

“He was just saying ridiculous stuff as an excuse or reason to get me out of the vehicle,” Shemtov told the Washington Jewish Week. “He slashed me with his keys about an inch below my eyeball.”

“Videos of the incident, taken by both Shemtov and witnesses, show the driver punching and hitting the rabbi with a set of keys,” the Postreported. “The attacker fled the scene, according to a police report, which described his vehicle as a red Toyota sedan bearing the Maryland license plate 3FR1602.”

The Post added that video footage showed the driver following Shemtov out of the car “and yelling at him for slamming the car door. He then punched Shemtov in the face.”

“When the rabbi moved to take pictures of the car, the driver followed him and slapped him repeatedly with his keys, leaving cuts across Shemtov’s face,” the paper reported. It quoted the rabbi saying that he didn’t fight back, and that “this is the most aggressive thing to happen to me.”

Shemtov told the Post, “I don’t know what other energy he could be referring to. … I don’t know what to attribute to me other than who I am.”

“Lyft unequivocally condemns this behavior. Upon learning of this incident, we deactivated the driver and we’ve been in touch with the rider,” a spokesperson for the ride share app told JNS. “We encourage riders and drivers to report harassment, discrimination or safety concerns in the Lyft app.”

In a section marked “suspected hate crime,” the District police checked “no,” per a copy of the incident report which the Metropolitan Police Department shared with JNS.

Per the incident report, there was “a verbal dispute” between Shemtov and the driver, who “demanded” that Shemtov exit the car. After Shemtov walked away, the driver followed yelling, “‘Why’d you slam my
door?’ multiple times, and subsequently struck [Shemtov] about the face with a closed right fist.”

“[The driver] returned to the vehicle, and [Shemtov] followed to stop [the driver] from fleeing the scene. [The driver] then struck [Shemtov] about the face multiple times with his hands,” per the report. It noted that two other witnesses were present, including one who recorded it on her cell phone.

With every attack, there's always a little bit of "the Jews deserved it"

On October 3, 1980, a PFLP terrorist placed explosives outside a synagogue in Paris. The explosion killed four people outside the synagogue and injured over forty worshipers inside.

The Prime Minister of France at the time, Raymond Barre, was especially outraged - at the deaths of non-Jews. He said to French television station TF1, "This odious attack was aimed at hitting Israelites going to the synagogue but hit innocent French people who crossed the Copernic street."

Barre didn't consider Jews to be "innocent French people."

We're seeing a lot of that kind of thinking. Usually a little more subtle, but when Jews or Israelis are murdered by Arabs, there is always a little bit of "well, Palestinians are understandably upset at Jews" in the reactions and coverage.

If the Houthis would take Egypt's advice and only attack ships that have clear links to Israel, the world would shrug.

Because attacking Jews is normal. It is expected. And, to too many, it is deserved.

There is one epithet that was reflexively associated with Israel by modern antisemites over most of the past fifty years: "occupation." Never mind that Arabs attacked Jews before 1967, the "occupation" had turned into the evil that must be fought. Israel-haters could pretend that they had nothing against a Jewish state, but only the "occupation." Give up the land and there would be peace!

Have you noticed that the word has disappeared in the current anti-Israel discourse? It's been replaced with "genocide." There is no longer a pretense that Israel should exist in any form.

One reason is because the October 7 pogrom was not against "settlers." Previously, the Israel haters could pretend that they are against terror attacks on innocent civilians inside the Green Line, or that such attacks were rare and not supported by Palestinians in general.

But they cannot say that this time. So they have changed their entire discourse from being against "occupation" to being against Israel altogether, just to exonerate Hamas.

And they are emboldened because they were so successful with the "occupation" lie, and then with the "apartheid" libel.

Their success is partially due to the world's thinking that the Jews deserve it.

Think about it:

• Hamas attacks Israel first
  • Hezbollah attacks Israel first
  • Iranian backed Syrian groups attack Israel first
  • The Houthis shoot rockets at Israel first

And Israel is still framed as the aggressor.

The Jews are always presumed guilty, even in the mainstream discourse, even if only a little.

Attacks on the Jewish Community is nothing new. On individuals or their businesses, Synagogues and Schools is also nothing new.

From time to time there is a rise in Judeophobic, Antisemitic, Jew hatred acts, and we seem to be living in one of them.

It clearly started around five years ago. The rise in White Supremacy, Nazi, Christian and Muslim attacks on Jews in too many cities all over the world, simply because of being Jewish.

There are many excuses used to attack any Jew who comes their way.

Free Palestine
Dirty Jew
Israel does not have the right to exist,
Israel is guilty of Apartheid
Israel is committing ethnic cleansing
We don't hate Jews, only Zionists
etc, etc, etc

Be the attacks on the streets, on Campuses, on the subways or anywhere else, they are clearly uncalled for and come from what each of those individuals who decide to attack one individual Jew - who has not done anything to them, or all Jews due to what they have wrongly learned about Israel, Judaism, Jewish history etc

I will be posting each individual case I do find in the news. There have been too many, which is why I decided to start this thread to deal with this more than common phenomenon, which did not look as bad as this since the Nazis took over Germany.
a very saaaaaad development

The Harvard University graduate students who were caught on film accosting and shoving a Jewish classmate during an anti-Israel “die-in” protest remain in good standing with the school, with one of the assailants avoiding discipline altogether, according to a lawsuit.

The complaint, which was filed Wednesday afternoon, accuses the Ivy League institution of failing to combat “outrageous antisemitic conduct” and ignoring “Jewish students’ pleas for protection.” Cited as an example is the Oct. 18 “die-in” protest held outside Harvard Business School, during which law student Ibrahim Bharmal and divinity school graduate student Elom Tettey-Tamaklo were filmed laying hands on an Israeli business school student. While a video of the incident—which the Washington Free Beacon first reported—went viral, Bharmal and Tettey-Tamaklo have largely avoided punishment, according to the suit.

Harvard “has not imposed any discipline on Bharmal,” who attended another unsanctioned anti-Semitic protest less than two weeks after the “die-in,” according to the suit. While Harvard did remove Tettey-Tamaklo from his role as a freshman proctor, the school “has done nothing to sanction” him otherwise, the suit says.

-----
“The videos that have been made public, particularly the most recent violent assault of an Israeli student on the Harvard Business School campus, allow us all to see how Jewish and Israeli students are targets of threats and violence from groups of pro-Palestinian students,” Romney, Klarman, and other graduates wrote in the letter. “Despite these serious concerns, University leadership shockingly has been paralyzed. … We fear that history is on the verge of repeating itself.”

(full article online)

not fair!

Forum List

Back