Atheists

Any other atheists here? I am looking for others like myself and also looking for some good books on atheists and atheism someone would recommend.

Atheism is the conclusion that comes from what you observe from within and what you abserve outside youself. It is the unselfish truth. It is the answer without fear.

Atheism is not a path to an end. No book needs convince you what your senses already know. Atheism is freedom to choose the best answers and to ask the best questions.

Go now and live YOUR life.

Any other atheists here? I am looking for others like myself and also looking for some good books on atheists and atheism someone would recommend.

:D
holy-Bible.gif

And why do you have to denegrate people of faith with your avatar? Just curious....do you like it when people of faith give you a hard time for being an Atheist? If you don't than maybe you should try giving them the respect you want for yourself.

I find religion amusing and kind of child like...its like believing in santa claus and easter bunny etc...just the idea of a being in the sky dictating how to run our lives is amusing and laughable to me...what's even weirder is my wife is a christian in the sense she believes in god,we are raising our kids to be free thinkers just letting them choose for themselves.

Do you not see the denegration in your own statement and how you belittle those who believe in a God with your comments. That is all I was getting at. Just because you are an atheist doens't mean you have to be intolerant and bigoted toward people of faith, unless that is your thing then well I'm just typing for nothing.

Last edited:
Why should we have to live under a christian dictatorship? From our money to the pledge of allegiance in school which my kids are forced to recite to my license plate...I mean shit I can go on and on...I mean hell the next time I go to court for a ticket or something and they try and put me under oath I am gonna say no because god doesn't exist and I won't swear to anything so help me god.

You don't live under a christian dictatorship but a constitutional republic founded on judeao-christian principles.

Your kid is free to not recite the pledge or do what I used to do and say "one nation, under me, indvisible....." Also by saying "one nation under god" that could be the christian, catholic, muslim, jewish, or any number of religion's god, it is not endorsing one specific religion. Nor does "In god we trust" endorse any specific religions.

As far as the oath why say no? Just say yes since you believe god doesn't exist saying you "swear to god" shouldn't mean anything at all to you.

No need to show intolerance towards those of faith regardless of if they have been tolerant with you or not, be the bigger and better person.

Why should we have to live under a christian dictatorship? From our money to the pledge of allegiance in school which my kids are forced to recite to my license plate...I mean shit I can go on and on...I mean hell the next time I go to court for a ticket or something and they try and put me under oath I am gonna say no because god doesn't exist and I won't swear to anything so help me god.

You don't live under a christian dictatorship but a constitutional republic founded on judeao-christian principles.

Your kid is free to not recite the pledge or do what I used to do and say "one nation, under me, indvisible....." Also by saying "one nation under god" that could be the christian, catholic, muslim, jewish, or any number of religion's god, it is not endorsing one specific religion. Nor does "In god we trust" endorse any specific religions.

As far as the oath why say no? Just say yes since you believe god doesn't exist saying you "swear to god" shouldn't mean anything at all to you.

No need to show intolerance towards those of faith regardless of if they have been tolerant with you or not, be the bigger and better person.

I believe in the court system. I find it offensive that when swearing in for testimony one must lie before a word of evidense is uttered.

Wrong. We are not founded on christian principles...we are a secular nation which is why the separation of church and state is there.

Why aren't you an atheist any longer?What are you now?

I believe there is a power greater than man that exists in the world/universe. I'm not sure if I want to call it God, or our collective unconcious, or something else so I choose to call it God so that people who follow religions don't get too confused about my views. Its easier than trying to explain to them that while I have faith in a higher power I think that the concept of religion is flawed.

Wrong. We are not founded on christian principles...we are a secular nation which is why the separation of church and state is there.

Just read the founding documents man. I'm not going to get into a blind argument with you over this. If you can't see that god/faith were huge parts of the founders, their writings, and the founding documents we really can't have a reasonable discussion.

Dissent, please forgive me, but I can tell you what one good book says on the subject of atheism:
Psalm 14:1-3 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."

OMG! It was written in ....a.... A BOOK!!!!:ack-1:

Oh, I'm sorry ima, did Dissent ask for..........a........ good movie?

If it's a book that covers atheism he's after, why not choose the most widely dispersed book in the world? The one that tops sales every year, and the most quoted book in the country.

I just find it peculiar that you lean so heavily on a book that was written before something as simple as toilet paper had been invented. It's not that he asked for a book, which he did, but that you use a book about an invible superbeing in another dimension who kicks Adam out of heaven for fucking the woman, to come back at him with.
You know, you should try to explain the first part of the bible to at least yourself, because we all know that planets aren't made in 6 days, the evidence is all around us in the universe. Or should I say lack of evidence that any planets are made in 6 days.

OMG! It was written in ....a.... A BOOK!!!!:ack-1:

Oh, I'm sorry ima, did Dissent ask for..........a........ good movie?

If it's a book that covers atheism he's after, why not choose the most widely dispersed book in the world? The one that tops sales every year, and the most quoted book in the country.

I just find it peculiar that you lean so heavily on a book that was written before something as simple as toilet paper had been invented. It's not that he asked for a book, which he did, but that you use a book about an invible superbeing in another dimension who kicks Adam out of heaven for fucking the woman, to come back at him with.
You know, you should try to explain the first part of the bible to at least yourself, because we all know that planets aren't made in 6 days, the evidence is all around us in the universe. Or should I say lack of evidence that any planets are made in 6 days.

I get it that an atheist should probably read the bible and koran before honestly declaring them nonsense. That's all that needs said. "I read it..It's rubbish". Any further references to the 2000 year old comic books are unneccesary and insulting to the intelligence of one who has already been there and rejected THAT.

Just read the founding documents man. I'm not going to get into a blind argument with you over this. If you can't see that god/faith were huge parts of the founders, their writings, and the founding documents we really can't have a reasonable discussion.

One has to make a distinction between the "Founders/settlers" & the "Framers". The settlers were indeed primarily (I'm guessing on this one) people of faith BUT the Framers were, many of them, Deists believing in "Nature's God". Does that phrase sound familiar? ;)

Nature's God - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Deism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back