Atheists like me and Christians like you are almost the same. Look at this...

In America no one cares if you worship God, the spaghetti monster or whatever.
We have citizens here that are defined by how good a citizen they are.
Could care less about their religion or lack of one.
But when folks step over the line and want to make their religious beliefs the law they need to be stopped.
And I see atheists never doing that.

You need this sentence explained to you? "I believe there is only one God."

It's pretty self explanatory.

The Greeks believed there were many gods.

There is nothing in the mythology of your currently configured gods that displaces the Greek gods.

That, actually, is self evident, at least to someone without a prior committment to your particular dogma.

Pray for me. I want to score points with Zeus.

I'm not Greek.

That's fine. You don't have to be Greek to worship Zeus.

However, just as the ancient Greeks did, you simply accepted the majority religion in connection with your religious beliefs and never gave it much thought beyond that.

That's the case for the overwhelming majority of believers.

As soon as the Greeks stopped believing in Zeus, they quickly lost the Greek civilization.

I'm not going to answer your silly questions.

And please try to comprehend what I initially wrote.

My belief is there is but one God and no one will change that belief.

I can't comprehend if you don't explain what you actually mean. You are only saying "there is one God". But I will not force my "silly" questions on you . I will leave it alone...

I thought you were going to leave this one alone after I said that I was not going to ask you any more questions.
I'm not asking you what you mean by one God..I get that. It of course everything around it that I'm wondering exactly what you mean. Did you read my post?
If you believe in one God how do you explain this bible quote that I asked about earlier but that you didn't answer:

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

American Standard Version
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Webster's Bible Translation
Jesus saith to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me.

If you believe in one God and many religion are exclusive and say it either our way or the high way as you can see in the Bible quote above. How do you explain that with your "one" God concept...

Christians and other religion say the same thing that they are unique and only thru their particular religion, scripture etc can you be "saved". How can it then be one God...You also didn't answer what will happen to the non-Christians after they die and what happens to the 47% of all people in Christians countries that are secular.....

But when folks step over the line and want to make their religious beliefs the law they need to be stopped.

How long have you been speaking for everyone?

You never see atheist attempting to take God off currency?

You never see atheist when they attemp to take God off of war memorials?

You never see atheist wanting to take God out of the inaugural address?

Do you live in a cave?

The Greeks believed there were many gods.

There is nothing in the mythology of your currently configured gods that displaces the Greek gods.

That, actually, is self evident, at least to someone without a prior committment to your particular dogma.

Pray for me. I want to score points with Zeus.

I'm not Greek.

However, just as the ancient Greeks did, you simply accepted the majority religion in connection with your religious beliefs and never gave it much thought beyond that.

Your ignorance is showing.

I can't comprehend if you don't explain what you actually mean. You are only saying "there is one God". But I will not force my "silly" questions on you . I will leave it alone...

I thought you were going to leave this one alone after I said that I was not going to ask you any more questions.
I'm not asking you what you mean by one God..I get that. It of course everything around it that I'm wondering exactly what you mean. Did you read my post?
If you believe in one God how do you explain this bible quote that I asked about earlier but that you didn't answer:

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus saith to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me.

If you believe in one God and many religion are exclusive and say it either our way or the high way as you can see in the Bible quote above. How do you explain that with your "one" God concept...

Christians and other religion say the same thing that they are unique and only thru their particular religion, scripture etc can you be "saved". How can it then be one God...You also didn't answer what will happen to the non-Christians after they die and what happens to the 47% of all people in Christians countries that are secular.....

You said you were going to leave it alone. I never said I was.

I believe God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one.

Here the Trinity is explained in easy terms.

I'm not Greek.

Your furious backpedaling is causing you to break a sweat.

I thought you meant that all Gods from all religions were the same God. I get it..You mean that the Christian God, Jesus, Holy spirit is the "one" you were talking about.
The other 3,699 Gods are all fairy tales right??

You said this after I listed some of the other 3,699 Gods out there:
There is but one God.

He may be called by many different names.

So do you mean that the ones I listed (three examples below):

1. Numakulla - In Australian aboriginal, the Numakulla is a sky god who created all life on Earth, including humans.

257. Altjira - is the sky god of the Arrernte. He was the central god of the Dreamtime who created the Earth, then retired to the sky.

356. Aramazd - The father of all the gods and goddesses, Aramazd created the heavens and the earth. The first two letters in his name, "AR", are the Armenian root for sun, light, and life.

......are these actually the Christian God but with different names. You are confusing me...
I hardly believe that the other 71% population on this earth that are not Christians will agree with you...

Your furious backpedaling is causing you to break a sweat.

I don't back peddle. I leave that to you atheist.

I thought you meant that all Gods from all religions were the same God. I get it..You mean that the Christian God, Jesus, Holy spirit is the "one" you were talking about.
The other 3,699 Gods are all fairy tales right??

You said this after I listed some of the other 3,699 Gods out there:
There is but one God.

He may be called by many different names.

So do you mean that the ones I listed (three examples below):

1. Numakulla - In Australian aboriginal, the Numakulla is a sky god who created all life on Earth, including humans.

257. Altjira - is the sky god of the Arrernte. He was the central god of the Dreamtime who created the Earth, then retired to the sky.

356. Aramazd - The father of all the gods and goddesses, Aramazd created the heavens and the earth. The first two letters in his name, "AR", are the Armenian root for sun, light, and life.

......are these actually the Christian God but with different names. You are confusing me...
I hardly believe that the other 71% population on this earth that are not Christians will agree with you...

I said perhaps they could be.

“There are 5.8 billion religiously affiliated adults and children around the globe, representing 84 percent of the 2010 world population of 6.9 billion,”

It is possible that the God they profess to worship could be one and the same. Each religion has it's own philosphy and even in Christianity there are slight differences between Lutheran, Presbyterian, Methodist, Baptist etc....

As soon as the Greeks stopped believing in Zeus, they quickly lost the Greek civilization.

Roman military superiority conquered Greece around 150 BC and ironic that Greek culture would conquer Roman life.

250 years later give or take when the decree of Carcala (sp?) allowed anyone and everyone Roman citizenship outside Italy that was what caused Rome and Greek culture to fall.

Do you live in a cave?

When was God put on the currency and why?
This nation went how long Lone Star without God on the currency?
I suppose you believe the Founders were atheists for not putting it on the currency?
Out of many, one ring a bell Lone Star? What does that mean and why was it INSTEAD OF GOD put on our currency, when and for how long?
Last time I looked war memorials are for those that FOUGHT in the wars, not for a particular religion. Pay some respect to them instead of your God. They fought in the wars, not God. The vets and not God deserve the respect. Taxpayers pay for those memorials and not all of them believe in God.
The word God does not show up in an inaugural address until when Monroe was elected.
How many were before him Lone Star that NEVER mentioned God in their inaugural address? "So help me God" wasn't added until the late 1800s.
Gone are the days in America when the politicians did not pander to the religious right.
Back in the days of the founding of this nation folk knew the difference between shit and shinola and never bought the religious BS that came out of a politicians's mouth.

Do you live in a cave?

When was God put on the currency and why?
This nation went how long Lone Star without God on the currency?
I suppose you believe the Founders were atheists for not putting it on the currency?
Out of many, one ring a bell Lone Star? What does that mean and why was it INSTEAD OF GOD put on our currency, when and for how long?
Last time I looked war memorials are for those that FOUGHT in the wars, not for a particular religion. Pay some respect to them instead of your God. They fought in the wars, not God. The vets and not God deserve the respect. Taxpayers pay for those memorials and not all of them believe in God.
The word God does not show up in an inaugural address until when Monroe was elected.
How many were before him Lone Star that NEVER mentioned God in their inaugural address? "So help me God" wasn't added until the late 1800s.
Gone are the days in America when the politicians did not pander to the religious right.
Back in the days of the founding of this nation folk knew the difference between shit and shinola and never bought the religious BS that came out of a politicians's mouth.

You didn't answer any of my questions

Therefore none of your questions matter.

The fact is there are atheist seeking to take God off of currency, war memorial, speeches etc...

Forum List

Back