At what point will partisans realize that sexual misconduct is not a political issue?

Thanks, Papa, so if the Senate tosses Moore out (which I don't think the Dems will permit), the AL voters go through all of this again.

They get to go through all of it again. I think if Moore wins and any of the allegations are proved true, they toss Moore. The GOP will toss him. I think Franken will be forced out by his own party. The feeding frenzy by each party on the other is disgusting.

And the GOP is doing the same thing about replace Moore with a Republican by the AL governor.

Both parties stink of partisanship.

Joe, is one of those two posts above in the wrong thread?

I don't think so, but never mind.

Here's the thing. Franken just didn't do anything that serious. He engaged in shennanigans on a USO tour where everyone engaging in shennanigans, including the person making the complaint.

Moore diddled kids, while trying to tell the rest of us how to live. That's actually more serious.

I love the feeding frenzy and I condone the allegations. If you havent learned by now this is what happens when the rich are left to run things.

Thanks, Papa, so if the Senate tosses Moore out (which I don't think the Dems will permit), the AL voters go through all of this again.

They get to go through all of it again. I think if Moore wins and any of the allegations are proved true, they toss Moore. The GOP will toss him. I think Franken will be forced out by his own party. The feeding frenzy by each party on the other is disgusting.
I am glad that we are in agreement. Both of them should not be in the Senate.

And the GOP is doing the same thing about replace Moore with a Republican by the AL governor.

Both parties stink of partisanship.

Joe, is one of those two posts above in the wrong thread?

I don't think so, but never mind.

Here's the thing. Franken just didn't do anything that serious. He engaged in shennanigans on a USO tour where everyone engaging in shennanigans, including the person making the complaint.

Moore diddled kids, while trying to tell the rest of us how to live. That's actually more serious.
A difference of kind, I agree, not degree, but I still think Franken needs to resign and restand for election in the future.

Sexual misconduct is not partisan. No one ideology holds the bag on this. And people have to take into account cultural norms about behavior in regards to handling past offenses and you have to seperate criminal from noncriminal behavior.

Grabbing a woman’s butt is rude, demeaning and offensive but not criminal. Assaulting a woman is. Using a position of power to force a woman or silence her is. We need to end the “protections” of nondisclosure agreements. Sexual acts with a minor is criminal.

Congress has had in place pretty pathetic rules regarding male behavior towards women. If a female complains about the behavior of a male colleague, she is the one required to get counseling. They need to fix their code of conduct. You can’t change the rules in the middle of the game but you can set forth clear guidelines on expected conduct that can be used to govern behavior and handle violations from that point on.

How do you handle these things with someone in elected office?

How do you handle them with someone running for office?

Sexual misconduct is not partisan. No one ideology holds the bag on this.
Yep, that's my point.

You'd think that would be obvious, but look at this thread. It went directly off the rails and into the partisan slime. They literally can't help themselves. They're programmed.
How do you handle these things with someone in elected office? How do you handle them with someone running for office?
Good questions, and it has to start with where we're going to set standards. The current standard is: "Anything the other guy does is the worst thing ever and they must go".

This lasts as long as the crazies control the conversation, and won't stop until they're culturally marginalized. Not holding my breath.

While I do realize that many people view pretty much everything through a partisan political lens, watching the ends of the spectrum trade gotchas with each other on all these stories coming out is getting funny.

Do you think we are capable of separating the topic of sexual misconduct from partisan politics?

Are there any other topics that we're capable of separating from partisan politics?

Or is everything going to remain a simplistic Left vs. Right slap fight?
The left has set the Rule, by declaring that there is a "War on Women". Any transgressions against a female, is considered inappropriate even if she instigates it. Now the liberals are being punished by their own rules, and I am having a hoot watching the self destruction of the Democrat Party and their constituents...Must have more popcorn...

war-on-women.png

The left set nothing. The right did way back when it was the religious right.

Yeah, he really does, JoeB. So does Conyers.

well, all you have with Conyers is that he settled a lawsuit for a pittance. People do that all the time. If there's something more, I'll reevaluate.

So what Franken did was a comedy bit with a woman who dressed like THIS for a living, and then has the nerve to claim she was objectified?

Leeann-Tweeden1.jpg

I'm sorry, I just can't get worked up about it.

Yep, that's my point.

You'd think that would be obvious, but look at this thread. It went directly off the rails and into the partisan slime. They literally can't help themselves. They're programmed.
How do you handle these things with someone in elected office? How do you handle them with someone running for office?
Good questions, and it has to start with where we're going to set standards. The current standard is: "Anything the other guy does is the worst thing ever and they must go".

This lasts as long as the crazies control the conversation, and won't stop until they're culturally marginalized. Not holding my breath.
The problem is we have become unmoored from the most basic and commonly accepted ethics :(

While I do realize that many people view pretty much everything through a partisan political lens, watching the ends of the spectrum trade gotchas with each other on all these stories coming out is getting funny.

Do you think we are capable of separating the topic of sexual misconduct from partisan politics?

Are there any other topics that we're capable of separating from partisan politics?

Or is everything going to remain a simplistic Left vs. Right slap fight?
thanks for the thread, the issue isn't can we discuss, it is do we want to. That has to start at some agreeable point which you made. Now let's watch who they are. the ones willing to set politics aside and those who do not. I'm all for discussing this topic. However, I find it a little tough to decipher at times. I feel for the women who have been sexually assaulted by either party member. However, I find it difficult to go back in time and pull them out of the attic to get someone in trouble. I still don't understand why these women don't report to a cop or a higher authority the unwelcomed advances at the time of the incidents to have a timeline for future verification. That truly bugs me. accusations either party. Now paying hush money as well, well now that should all come out in the open and let's see who the harassers really are.

thanks for the attempt.

Sexual misconduct is different than trying to fuck a child
Mohammad fucked a child, why do you liberals love Moooslims?

Is that why you support Moore? Because Muslims?
here is one that can't put politics away. it's always a battle eh? can't admit forty years and no evidence. just state you understand the dilemma and let's discuss how to end it? why attack someone on this thread? shame.

Yep, that's my point.

The problem is we have become unmoored from the most basic and commonly accepted ethics :(
it's sad. not all big enough in here to leave it at the curb as they say. I'd really like to see the left and rights who condemn Moore at least state as fact that the accusers are weak without evidence being so far back and no corroboration. We have a yearbook introduced as evidence and no one but Moore supporters want to see it analyzed. And to most in here, you don't see the irony to that. nope ain't ever going to happen in here. I would have been supportive of Franken merely for the length of time the lady waited, but then Franken agreed he did it. well duh, that's now easy to say unacceptable to. Then the left in here want to marry it to Moore. how? isn't the same thing at all.

Yep, that's my point.

And worse, we've chosen to.

If what you say is correct(which never is with a liberal, unless it is their own, Harvey Weinstein) why isn't there a conviction of Judge Moore? You keep "HOWLING'" in rage that Hitlery who is still under investigation has never been found guilty of anything so we must leave her alone. Why the double standards? Because without double standards you suck ass liberals(redundant statement) would have no standards at all...

Except in Hillary's case, you had 20 years and hundreds of millions of dollars spent on "investigations", all of which came up with nothing.

There's a certain point of crying wolf where people just conclude there isn't a wolf.
well you have forty years on Moore. trying to go back and rewrite something with no evidence. huh? apples and oranges.

Forum List

Back