At what point will partisans realize that sexual misconduct is not a political issue?

The point of the thread, which has long since been comically distorted by those same partisans, is that you'd think something as non-political as sexual misconduct could avoid this transparent and petty behavior. At least a little bit. Somehow.

Or perhaps it's just your refusal to understand what works in politics and how partisan politics works.

Maybe they aren't dumb but doing what works.

It's kinda like how many people thought Trump was dumb, he wasn't dumb, he was doing what works. That's smart...

So... if your political opposition is a sexually perverted creep, why should you not bring in the artillery?
I didn't say anyone was dumb.

If the ends justify the means for you, that's up to you. That doesn't make it right. That's the philosophy of a zealot.

I didn't talk anything about anything justifying anything. The word justification does not appear in my reply.

I told you what works. What works is used, no one cares about your philosophical bullshit. You are putting your personal moral ethics before what actually is and just can't accept what is because of that. You would get obliterated in politics, just like the old republicans.

The point of the thread, which has long since been comically distorted by those same partisans, is that you'd think something as non-political as sexual misconduct could avoid this transparent and petty behavior. At least a little bit. Somehow.

Or perhaps it's just your refusal to understand what works in politics and how partisan politics works.

It's kinda like how many people thought Trump was dumb, he wasn't dumb, he was doing what works. That's smart...

So... if your political opposition is a sexually perverted creep, why should you not bring in the artillery?

If the ends justify the means for you, that's up to you. That doesn't make it right. That's the philosophy of a zealot.

I didn't talk anything about anything justifying anything. The word justification does not appear in my reply.

I told you what works. What works is used, no one cares about your philosophical bullshit. You are putting your personal moral ethics before what actually is and just can't accept what is because of that. You would get obliterated in politics.
I agree that I would get obliterated in politics.

I look at that as a positive. What an ugly sport.

I told you what works. What works is used, no one cares about your philosophical bullshit. You are putting your personal moral ethics before what actually is and just can't accept what is because of that. You would get obliterated in politics.

And yet here you are participating in politics forum.

Anyway, I hope this answered the question, without massive changes the answer is "never". Here, a longer answer:

When a sexual perv runs for office, sexual misconduct becomes a political issue.

And yet here you are participating in politics forum.

Anyway, I hope this answered the question, without massive changes the answer is "never". Here, a longer answer:

I'm not running for anything, now would I, ever.

And I'm not expecting any improvement. Continued decay is more likely.

Here's the thing. The left does not go around telling people what kind of sex they should have or what kind of contraception they should use. So they actually have to engage in pretty egregious behavior to pay a price.

No, they don't. Instead, they tell us if you must have health insurance or not, who should be allowed to own guns and who should not, where you can smoke a cigarette and where you cannot, what kind of food your child in school is allowed to eat and what kind of food they are not, how a parent should punish their children and how they should not, what kind of vehicle you should drive and what kind you should not.

If word leaked that a top Senator was being indicted for the vicious rape of 12 women, the first thought that would enter the minds of partisans would not be for the victims.

It would be, "oh, I hope the Senator is from the other party".

Yep, victims be damned, political points are more important.

In another thread you have a partisan wanting Franken to resign because the governor is a Democrat and will appoint another Democrat and then because of this, they can go after Moore. Nothing about the victims, no compassion, just looking for a political upper hand.

Very shallow and very disturbing.

No, I don't want to see her in a bikini now that gravity and wrinkles have set in.

The point I was making, which you don't seem to get, is that she made a living being a sex object back in the day. She wasn't on that USO Tour because they wanted to listen to her radio voice, she was on that USO tour because she looked hot in a bikini. And now she wants to complain, "Al Franken remotely treated me as a sex object when I made my living as a sex object!!!"

Really? Really.

So she's a hot chick that enjoyed having fun. Does that mean creeps like Franken could do what they wanted with her?

Yes, we lose our looks as we age. She's older and dresses more conservatively now. So what? Most women her age do.

Well, I'm not. So we settled that, didn't we.

I'm opposed to criminal human-rights violating regime that calls itself Israel, but that's another issue.

It has nothing to do with Israel. You just hate Jews, face it.

No, they don't. Instead, they tell us if you must have health insurance or not, who should be allowed to own guns and who should not, where you can smoke a cigarette and where you cannot, what kind of food your child in school is allowed to eat and what kind of food they are not, how a parent should punish their children and how they should not, what kind of vehicle you should drive and what kind you should not.

Fair enough. and if you catch a democrat giving a kid a pack of cigarettes, you should totally call him on his hypocrisy.

No, I don't want to see her in a bikini now that gravity and wrinkles have set in.

The point I was making, which you don't seem to get, is that she made a living being a sex object back in the day. She wasn't on that USO Tour because they wanted to listen to her radio voice, she was on that USO tour because she looked hot in a bikini. And now she wants to complain, "Al Franken remotely treated me as a sex object when I made my living as a sex object!!!"

Really? Really.

So she's a hot chick that enjoyed having fun. Does that mean creeps like Franken could do what they wanted with her?

Yes, we lose our looks as we age. She's older and dresses more conservatively now. So what? Most women her age do.

It’s like saying that a girl is asking to be raped. It is an ignorant mentality. It matters not what she wears, no means no. It doesn’t mean you can grab at will. People need to seriously grow up.

I have no problem with her being a party girl one step above a stripper. Just don't pretend you a school marm now. Because you look silly.

It has nothing to do with Israel. You just hate Jews, face it.

No more than any other fool who thinks there's a magic fairy in the sky. I guess my problem with the Zionists is how far they take it.

"Let's move to this land where the people who are alraeady there want to kill us!!!"

"Um, isn't that kind of dumb?"

"But God Told us to, and we are God's Chosen people!"

"Um isn't that the same God who did jack shit when Hitler turned half of you into lampshades?"

Why, it's almost as dumb as defending your boss after he cancels your health insurance.

And the GOP is doing the same thing about replace Moore with a Republican by the AL governor.

Both parties stink of partisanship.

Joe, is one of those two posts above in the wrong thread?

And the GOP is doing the same thing about replace Moore with a Republican by the AL governor.

Both parties stink of partisanship.

Joe, is one of those two posts above in the wrong thread?

Except in Alabama the governor doesn’t select the replacement, it goes to the voters in a Special Election just like the one that is going on now. It is up to the good people of Alabama to decide who gets to represent them.

I have no problem with her being a party girl one step above a stripper. Just don't pretend you a school marm now. Because you look silly.

She's had that look for years. Tweeden on Hannity 2014:

No more than any other fool who thinks there's a magic fairy in the sky. I guess my problem with the Zionists is how far they take it.

"Let's move to this land where the people who are alraeady there want to kill us!!!"

"Um, isn't that kind of dumb?"

"But God Told us to, and we are God's Chosen people!"

"Um isn't that the same God who did jack shit when Hitler turned half of you into lampshades?"

Why, it's almost as dumb as defending your boss after he cancels your health insurance.

Your problem is you hate Jews. Just today you made a Jew comment about Lieberman.

Thanks, Papa, so if the Senate tosses Moore out (which I don't think the Dems will permit), the AL voters go through all of this again.

Really? Really.

It’s like saying that a girl is asking to be raped. It is an ignorant mentality. It matters not what she wears, no means no. It doesn’t mean you can grab at will. People need to seriously grow up.

If Franken raped her Joe would still be sticking up for him.

Yes, when you are a beautiful girl with a hot body, that's what your audience wants to see. Joe doesn't understand entertainment I guess. When you dress the part, it gives some ugly comedian the right to shove his tongue down your throat as far a Joe is concerned.

But as Joe said, now she's dressing up like a mom. Why? Because she wears glasses now?

Really? Really.

Yes, when you are a beautiful girl with a hot body, that's what your audience wants to see. Joe doesn't understand entertainment I guess. When you dress the part, it gives some ugly comedian the right to shove his tongue down your throat as far a Joe is concerned.

But as Joe said, now she's dressing up like a mom. Why? Because she wears glasses now?

Feminist have for a long time have said that no woman has it coming or deserves it. I agree with them in that regard. Men need to use discipline and be honorable. Not sure why the left is devolving in that regard. Liberals would be appalled with that attitude.

Really? Really.

Feminist have for a long time have said that no woman has it coming or deserves it. I agree with them in that regard. Men need to use discipline and be honorable. Not sure why the left is devolving in that regard. Liberals would be appalled with that attitude.

They still are.......as long as it's not them.

While I do realize that many people view pretty much everything through a partisan political lens, watching the ends of the spectrum trade gotchas with each other on all these stories coming out is getting funny.

Do you think we are capable of separating the topic of sexual misconduct from partisan politics?

Are there any other topics that we're capable of separating from partisan politics?

Or is everything going to remain a simplistic Left vs. Right slap fight?

As long as a scandal, any scandal, no matter how big or small, can be used as a bludgeon to gain political points and embarrass or destroy a political opponent, everything will remain a political issue.

And that has been true for decades.

If the candidate is pro gun, anti abortion, pro voter I D, anti global warming and anti gay marriage, the leftist media and progressive groups throw mud at an incredible rate.

But Roy Moore was left alone? By the Media, the LBGT, the DNC, CNN, MSNBC and every single investigative reporter and leftist organization on the face of the earth?

Yes, that makes sense

Forum List

Back