At Least 14 Dead in Alabama Following Deadly Tornado Outbreak

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
At least 14 dead, many injured, in apparent large tornado in Alabama, officials say; fatalities could rise

At least 14 people were confirmed dead, and "many, many" injured when an apparent large tornado destroyed several homes in a southeast Alabama community Sunday, according to officials.

WSFA reported that the Lee County sheriff said 14 fatalities occurred during at least two tornadoes that hit the county.

An 8-year-old girl in Beauregard is among the dead, the news outlet reported.

IT’S BAD HERE IN Florida too.

The last time we had a tornado come through the area last year my next door neighbors were freaking out. All they had to go on was the alert on their cell phones. They did roku TV and couldn't get a local weather reporting of the storm path. I told them not to worry too much about it as the storms coming in from that direction always pushed tornadoes off to the northwest of us, but they were new to the area and didn't believe me. I told them exactly what areas it would go through and sure enough that was exactly the route it took. They always go that way when storms come in from the southwest. The only real question is for me is why the hell people still buy/build in that localized tornado alley. They get one almost every year. Some years they get multiples.

Anyway, my best to those affected.

The last time we had a tornado come through the area last year my next door neighbors were freaking out. All they had to go on was the alert on their cell phones. They did roku TV and couldn't get a local weather reporting of the storm path. I told them not to worry too much about it as the storms coming in from that direction always pushed tornadoes off to the northwest of us, but they were new to the area and didn't believe me. I told them exactly what areas it would go through and sure enough that was exactly the route it took. They always go that way when storms come in from the southwest. The only real question is for me is why the hell people still buy/build in that localized tornado alley. They get one almost every year. Some years they get multiples.

Anyway, my best to those affected.
It seems there are several tornado 'hot spots' in the country. I agree, it's akin to building in a flood zone.

Death toll rises to 22 after east Alabama tornadoes
By WSFA Staff | March 3, 2019 at 3:38 PM CST - Updated March 3 at 9:59 PM
LEE COUNTY, AL (WSFA) - The death toll has jumped to 22 and could go higher after at least two tornadoes hit southern Lee County Sunday afternoon, according to Lee County Sheriff Jay Jones.

The sheriff said people are still reported missing, and a more organized search will be conducted in the morning.

“We’ve done everything we feel like we can do this evening. The area is just very, very hazardous to put anybody in to at this point in time - debris everywh

Really sad, as young as six so far. The tornado traveled several miles and was a half a mile wide.

Forum List

Back