Assuming it was a hoax, what would be the goal of the global warming hoax?

Ok , the thread is not about that, anyway: the evidence I have is the amount of ice melted from glaciers globaly.
If you have any high peaks near you you should be able to check how glaciars are diminishing, and make sure that is not a hoax.

Mean-cumulative-mass-balance-of-all-reported-glaciers-blue-line-and-the-reference-glaciers-red-line.jpg

And all that water went? I just googled Miami.

Psssssst...... It's still there
So , you get less water in the glaciers and the rivers in the region diminish their flow. Ever heard of California ?
By the by Miami is not known for its glaciars.

And the water went? Mars?
Part of it went into the sea, part went underground and part into the atmosphere. The point here is that for some regions less sweet water is available.
The point here is that for some regions less sweet water is available.

huh? based on what?
Done trolling ?

And all that water went? I just googled Miami.

Psssssst...... It's still there
So , you get less water in the glaciers and the rivers in the region diminish their flow. Ever heard of California ?

Part of it went into the sea, part went underground and part into the atmosphere. The point here is that for some regions less sweet water is available.

huh? based on what?
Done trolling ?
what is it I am supposedly trolling? Your artificial posts of stupidity? Perhaps you should stick to your OP. You still haven't answered the questions I asked back a few posts ago. Hoax? You know there is one, or you wouldn't have started this dumb fk thread.

Many conservatives call global warming a hoax. Ok , for a moment I'll assume it is a hoax, but to what end?
Plain fun? Government controll ? International plot ?

To push the left wing agenda. I can't see how that is hard to see or understand.
But then the question is WHAT specific point of the agenda will be pursued and how AGW will help pursue them.

Human behavior what else

Government has a long history of conducting ham handed social engineering experiments

Yeah, but not peeing in the drinking water is "control" too. I'm asking to what end.

Climate change legislation is just another ruse to enrich those who will benefit from the legislation. Why do you think Al Gore is so hopped up about it? He stands to make a fortune. If he really cared about the planet he would reduce his own rather large carbon footprint wouldn't he?

None of these idiots care about saving the planet in fact I think most just want to stick to the US and the rest of the developed world it's all a fraud

But that doesnt prove that its a hoax because someone would make money. No one would say AIDS was fake because Pharma companies are going to make money.

Same thing.

Not really because governments didn't pass laws about sexual behavior and levy taxes and make sweetheart deals with pharma companies as they are doing with so climate change and so called green energy companies.

Thats because you cant pass laws on sexual behavior but you can create laws to say dont pee in the drinking water. Thats a form of "control" and for good reason.

So far no one has said what this "control" will be and how its not worth a cleaner earth.

The thing is we have been reducing emissions already it's just a natural form of progress as processes become more efficient

And the controls will be in the form of taxes and huge money grabs all in the name of saving the planet,

The funny thing is all you save the earth types always say no to the one thing that will provide abundant emission free power; nuclear

huh? based on what?
Done trolling ?
what is it I am supposedly trolling? Your artificial posts of stupidity? Perhaps you should stick to your OP. You still haven't answered the questions I asked back a few posts ago. Hoax? You know there is one, or you wouldn't have started this dumb fk thread.
What ?
1) Asking where did glaciar water went ... kind of obvious, isn't it ?
2) Asking the basis for my previous statement : that melting glaciers diminish the amount of water available in the region.
Now , if you didn't learn the hydrological cycle in highschool , it is not my fault , but just stop trolling .
Evenmore this is all unrelated to my OP, or the rather civilized discussion I was having with WestWall.

huh? based on what?
Done trolling ?
What ?
1) Asking where did glaciar water went ... kind of abvious
2) Asking the basis for my previous statement : that melting glaciers diminish the amount of water available around them.
Now , if you didn't learn the hydrological cycle in highschool , it is not my fault , but just stop trolling .
Evenmore this is all unrelated to my OP, or the rather civilized discussion I was having with WestWall.
however, you are on a message board and not have a private conversation. And you are trolling by posting the OP. either you do or you don't believe in a hoax. What say you?

There is water underground, always has been except in most desert regions. Second, you have to have evidence that glaciers are gone. You have zip on that.

Many conservatives call global warming a hoax. Ok , for a moment I'll assume it is a hoax, but to what end?

Ok , for a moment I'll assume it is a hoax, but to what end?

To push a political agenda to introduce more taxation, more regulations, and more government control all in the name of "saving the planet". :cuckoo:

Yeah, but not peeing in the drinking water is "control" too. I'm asking to what end.

Climate change legislation is just another ruse to enrich those who will benefit from the legislation. Why do you think Al Gore is so hopped up about it? He stands to make a fortune. If he really cared about the planet he would reduce his own rather large carbon footprint wouldn't he?

None of these idiots care about saving the planet in fact I think most just want to stick to the US and the rest of the developed world it's all a fraud

But that doesnt prove that its a hoax because someone would make money. No one would say AIDS was fake because Pharma companies are going to make money.

Same thing.

Not really because governments didn't pass laws about sexual behavior and levy taxes and make sweetheart deals with pharma companies as they are doing with so climate change and so called green energy companies.

Thats because you cant pass laws on sexual behavior but you can create laws to say dont pee in the drinking water. Thats a form of "control" and for good reason.

So far no one has said what this "control" will be and how its not worth a cleaner earth.

The thing is we have been reducing emissions already it's just a natural form of progress as processes become more efficient

And the controls will be in the form of taxes and huge money grabs all in the name of saving the planet,

The funny thing is all you save the earth types always say no to the one thing that will provide abundant emission free power; nuclear

Reducing emissions is a good thing, right?

How do these money grabs happen? The answer is you don't know but it sounds scarey.

To push the left wing agenda. I can't see how that is hard to see or understand.
But then the question is WHAT specific point of the agenda will be pursued and how AGW will help pursue them.

I think it's quite obvious ....don't you? The specific point is maximum government control. They have basically told you this already. The general public is not to be trusted to manage their lives so in the interest of saving the planet (which the propagandists go to great pains to show every single day) the freedom of the people to live their lives and do as they wish must be severely curtailed. How many middle class people do you think will be able to travel overseas when the cost to fly coach jumps up to 5,000 a ticket to pay for the bio fuel used to fly those planes?

Every utterance of the powers that be is an order to spend less, travel less, produce less, live a sustainable life (which is in the long run never sustainable. Every civilization that has merely been sustainable existed till the first natural disaster and then lo and behold those sustainable countries....weren't.

Same thing.

How do these money grabs happen? The answer is you don't know but it sounds scarey.

Yes, reducing pollution (not CO2 though, which is plant food) is always a good thing. How about we work on that.

Same thing.

Yes, reducing pollution (not CO2 though, which is plant food) is always a good thing. How about we work on that.

Well, won't someone make money from that? I understand that if someone makes money is a hoax.

That is easy as well.

1. Electing Democrats. Villainize the GOP for opposing it, create panic and worry over AGW, tell the sheeple that only electing Democrats will prevent DOOM.
2. Take control over people's lives, tell them what they can and cannot do or eat.
3. Taxes taxes taxes.
4. Damage oil and coal industries, promote "green" industries.
5. Appease major factions of the Democrat Party; environmentalists, Animal Activists, etc.

Mostly #1 and #2.

Control!

Control what?

Controlling...control!

Oh please. Don't eat red meat because the cows fart etc. Get a fricking clue dude..... Please note the usage of the word penance. If ever you needed a clue that these people are religious fanatics there you go....

1. Make climate-conscious political decisions. Some commentators said that the 2007 Australian Federal election was the first to be strongly influenced by the stance made by competing political parties on climate change. Regardless of how true this may be, it is obvious that the strong and urgent action needed to combat climate change will require a healthy dose of political will, and the courage to make tough choices. This willpower comes from voters, who consistently demand real action and can see through ‘greenwashing’ (pretend ‘solutions’ and half-measures that do not do the job). Climate change should be a totally non-partisan issue since it affects all people and all countries. If climate change is not perceived by both sides of politics as a ‘core issue’, it will inevitably be marginalised by apparently more immediate concerns. So assess policies clearly, and make your vote count towards real climate solutions – each and every election. This is the only way a global solution can be put in place, in time.

2. Eat less red meat. Traditional red meat comes from ruminant livestock such as cattle and sheep. These animals produce large amounts of methane, which is a greenhouse gas that packs 72 times the punch of CO2 over a 20 year period. Other types of meat, such as chicken, pork or kangaroo, produce far less emissions. At average levels of consumption, a family’s emissions from beef would easily outweigh the construction and running costs of a large 4WD vehicle, in less than 5 years. There is no need to cut out red meat entirely, but fewer steaks and snags mean far less CO2.

3. Purchase “green electricity

4. Make your home and household energy efficient.

5. Buy energy and water efficient appliances.

6. Walk, cycle or take public transport.

7. Recycle, re-use and avoid useless purchases. We throw too much away and still re-cycle too little of what we must discard. Large amounts of energy and water go into producing endless amounts of ‘stuff’, much of which we don’t really need or end up using. So be sure to use your local recycling service, for plastics, metals and paper. Try to get appliances and tools fixed rather than replaced – the carbon footprint of fixing things is far lower than making them from scratch. Avoid the temptation to buy useless trinkets and knick-knacks, just because it feels good to accumulate things. There are limits to everything, including, most importantly, the ability of the planet to supply people with an ever burgeoning supply of raw materials. Think sustainability.

8. Telecommute and teleconference.

9. Buy local produce.

10. Offset what you can’t save. Avoiding the release of CO2 and other greenhouse gases, in the ways described above, is by far the best and most direct way or reducing our climate change impact. Yet some emissions are unavoidable. For those, offsetting is a worthwhile option. This is done by purchasing ‘carbon credits’ from accredited companies which offer this service, who will then invest those dollars in (for instance) renewable energy projects or planting trees. Carbon offsets should definitely not be seen as the solution, or as a relatively pain-free way to expel your carbon guilt. There is nowhere near enough offsetting potential in the world for this to be an option for most of the world’s population. But in conjunction with other methods of kicking the CO2 habit, offsets can help make a difference and allow you to pay a small penance.

Top 10 ways to reduce your CO2 emissions footprint

huh? based on what?
Done trolling ?
What ?
1) Asking where did glaciar water went ... kind of abvious
2) Asking the basis for my previous statement : that melting glaciers diminish the amount of water available around them.
however, you are on a message board and not have a private conversation. And you are trolling by posting the OP. either you do or you don't believe in a hoax. What say you?

There is water underground, always has been except in most desert regions. Second, you have to have evidence that glaciers are gone. You have zip on that.

Glaciers advance and recede, have been for eons.

Well, won't someone make money from that? I understand that if someone makes money is a hoax.

I have no problem with people making money so long as they don't use the power of government to legislate their competition out of existence. Government should never be the determiner of which company is successful or not. Government has a shitty track record of accomplishing anything well.

Control!

Control what?

Controlling...control!

Oh please. Don't eat red meat because the cows fart etc. Get a fricking clue dude..... Please note the usage of the word penance. If ever you needed a clue that these people are religious fanatics there you go....

1. Make climate-conscious political decisions. Some commentators said that the 2007 Australian Federal election was the first to be strongly influenced by the stance made by competing political parties on climate change. Regardless of how true this may be, it is obvious that the strong and urgent action needed to combat climate change will require a healthy dose of political will, and the courage to make tough choices. This willpower comes from voters, who consistently demand real action and can see through ‘greenwashing’ (pretend ‘solutions’ and half-measures that do not do the job). Climate change should be a totally non-partisan issue since it affects all people and all countries. If climate change is not perceived by both sides of politics as a ‘core issue’, it will inevitably be marginalised by apparently more immediate concerns. So assess policies clearly, and make your vote count towards real climate solutions – each and every election. This is the only way a global solution can be put in place, in time.

2. Eat less red meat. Traditional red meat comes from ruminant livestock such as cattle and sheep. These animals produce large amounts of methane, which is a greenhouse gas that packs 72 times the punch of CO2 over a 20 year period. Other types of meat, such as chicken, pork or kangaroo, produce far less emissions. At average levels of consumption, a family’s emissions from beef would easily outweigh the construction and running costs of a large 4WD vehicle, in less than 5 years. There is no need to cut out red meat entirely, but fewer steaks and snags mean far less CO2.

3. Purchase “green electricity

4. Make your home and household energy efficient.

5. Buy energy and water efficient appliances.

6. Walk, cycle or take public transport.

7. Recycle, re-use and avoid useless purchases. We throw too much away and still re-cycle too little of what we must discard. Large amounts of energy and water go into producing endless amounts of ‘stuff’, much of which we don’t really need or end up using. So be sure to use your local recycling service, for plastics, metals and paper. Try to get appliances and tools fixed rather than replaced – the carbon footprint of fixing things is far lower than making them from scratch. Avoid the temptation to buy useless trinkets and knick-knacks, just because it feels good to accumulate things. There are limits to everything, including, most importantly, the ability of the planet to supply people with an ever burgeoning supply of raw materials. Think sustainability.

8. Telecommute and teleconference.

9. Buy local produce.

10. Offset what you can’t save. Avoiding the release of CO2 and other greenhouse gases, in the ways described above, is by far the best and most direct way or reducing our climate change impact. Yet some emissions are unavoidable. For those, offsetting is a worthwhile option. This is done by purchasing ‘carbon credits’ from accredited companies which offer this service, who will then invest those dollars in (for instance) renewable energy projects or planting trees. Carbon offsets should definitely not be seen as the solution, or as a relatively pain-free way to expel your carbon guilt. There is nowhere near enough offsetting potential in the world for this to be an option for most of the world’s population. But in conjunction with other methods of kicking the CO2 habit, offsets can help make a difference and allow you to pay a small penance.

Top 10 ways to reduce your CO2 emissions footprint

First yiu realize that it says eat LESS red meat, not that you can't eat it.

Second this isn't an edict or demand to eat less red meat. Know how I know, because I'm eating chili right now. And no one will ever stop cow birth or eating them.

To believe you won't be able to get a burger because of global warming is one of the sillier things I've heard.

Forum List

Back