Assistant manager jobs at target / Cosco

Retail sucks. All having a 'Manager' title means is you work a lot of overtime without getting time and a half for it, same as it is in fast food sweatshops. You also get the blame for the crappy management mistakes of the morons above you.

I can’t just apply to software engineer or investment banker

I have few options

Historically Assistant Manager jobs in retailing were pretty crappy. You had to work a lot of uncompensated overtime hours, and had a lot of responsibility for things that were not entirely in your control. But if you stuck it out, store manager jobs were a pretty good gig.

I believe the latest iteration of the Fair Labor Standards Act clamped down on the uncompensated overtime thing by defining a "manager" a little more thoroughly. You couldn't just call someone a "manager" and work their ass off. If they don't have true management authority over hiring, firing, wages, etc., they they are not "Exempt," and must be paid for their OT.

Target is a good company from a BUSINESS standpoint, and the same goes for Costco. If you are inclined to get into retailing, you couldn't do much better.

Attachments

• 1669319883357.png
    1669319883357.png
    136.1 KB · Views: 12
Why a management position?

You’ve claimed to have a million dollars. That alone can easily generate $40 thousand a year. Add to that a full time flunky job at Wal Mart at $15 an hour and you’re up to $70 thousand a year. That should be more than enough for a single person living in fly over country to live comfortably.

You’ve claimed to have a million dollars. That alone can easily generate $40 thousand a year. Add to that a full time flunky job at Wal Mart at $15 an hour and you’re up to $70 thousand a year. That should be more than enough for a single person living in fly over country to live comfortably.
I plan to move to metro Phoenix

I do get to steal cash at work

What do assistant managers do ??

Are you close to your N
They normally have multiple assistant managers in stores that size. Some handle merchandising/marketing functions and others are responsible for operational areas like the cashiers and receiving areas. My nephew was a customer service supervisor. He worked for them for 7 years until he got into the field that he studied for in college.

Forum List

Back