‘Aspirational Conservatism’: A New Path for the Republican Party: It’s time for the GOP to move beyond Trumpism and endless culture wars.

A positive message would be helpful. Eschewing this hapless, constant victimhood would be helpful. Marginalizing the growing number of crazies would be helpful. Abandoning the daily new conspiracy theories would be helpful. Some intellect and maturity would be helpful.

It's not like the Dems are attractive. It's not like there isn't opportunity. But the GQP, in its present condition, is in its own world.

Too late. The die is cast for Republicans. They ride or die on the culture wars. It's all they have left.
The mainstreamers allowed the alt-right in and they promptly took over and consumed the party...and co-opted the ideology.

Nutless drips like Pence and Sununu made Trump possible.
Trump SMASHED through the walls of PC and fake news paving the way. The GOP is no longer afraid of Democrats or those assholes in the fake news. Dems worst nightmare? That a skilled politician with Trump's courage becomes POTUS :oops::oops::oops:

Republicans didn't start the culture wars, the cultural Marxists infesting the Democrat Party did.
No. Don't know what reality you live in but Republicans began the culture wars during the Reagan years (memba "family values"?). They were taken to an 11 after Gingrich and his "Revolution" blew in to DC in '94. I saw the culture wars front and center in my hometown in the '95-'97 era with the town school board shenanigans. That's why what happened in VA last year didn't surprise me. I'd seen it before.

You don't see Democrats banning books, or shaming LGBTQ+ lifestyles, trying to take away a woman's right to choose.
The culture wars and oppression...are all being done by Republicans.

Best that you just stand up and own it. Hell, it works for DeSantis and Sanders. :)

I don't see where this can be a successful strategy in vanquishing Liberalism next year.

Its a new , and unproven , strategery. Mr. Goldsmith and his fellow "aspirationalists" need to demonstrate an actual record of accomplishment- show that they are actually getting things done, and just not talking the talk- if they expect to win a majority of anything.

No. Don't know what reality you live in but Republicans began the culture wars during the Reagan years (memba "family values"?). They were taken to an 11 after Gingrich and his "Revolution" blew in to DC in '94. I saw the culture wars front and center in my hometown in the '95-'97 era with the town school board shenanigans. That's why what happened in VA last year didn't surprise me. I'd seen it before.

You don't see Democrats banning books, or shaming LGBTQ+ lifestyles, trying to take away a woman's right to choose.
The culture wars and oppression...are all being done by Republicans.

Best that you just stand up and own it. Hell, it works for DeSantis and Sanders. :)
You're describing the reaction, not the action.

I don't see where this can be a successful strategy in vanquishing Liberalism next year.

Its a new , and unproven , strategery. Mr. Goldsmith and his fellow "aspirationalists" need to demonstrate an actual record of accomplishment- show that they are actually getting things done, and just not talking the talk- if they expect to win a majority of anything.
It's not a successful strategy....It's the same controlled opposition, milquetoast squshery, that made Ross Perot and Trump possible.

A positive message would be helpful. Eschewing this hapless, constant victimhood would be helpful. Marginalizing the growing number of crazies would be helpful. Abandoning the daily new conspiracy theories would be helpful. Some intellect and maturity would be helpful.

It's not like the Dems are attractive. It's not like there isn't opportunity. But the GQP, in its present condition, is in its own world.
YA mean like Make America great again.....

If Mike Pence wants to lead a revival of the Bush/Cheney/Romney wing of the GOP, let him start by announcing for president.

They will never convince Trump voters that a return to those days of constant kowtowing to the Dems, and giving them everything they want is a good idea.

If the GOP wants the White House in 2024, their only viable candidates are Trump and DeSantis.

Forum List

Back