As summer approaches demand for gas is lowering:

How high will gas prices climb?

• The amount suggested in the article.

• The amount you predicted.

• Over ten dollars a gallon.

• I drive EV so I hope it goes so high that no one can drive….

Results are only viewable after voting.

Devils_Advocate

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2020
From the Depths of Hell
Demand for almost all goods or services decrease as the price rises. Summer is when demand usually increases as Americans like to travel in good weather but higher costs across the board are making that harder to do for the average family.
They would like to make the gas prices so prohibitively high that people will give up their cars.
Totalitarians are not big fans of freedom of movement or a population with money in their pockets

I usually take an extended road trip every year; anywhere between two and six weeks.

I just don't see that happening this year. Locally, gas is upward of $4.70 a gallon. I haven't looked to see what it is elsewhere, but I have to figure it's comparable.

Last year I hit the road for six weeks. If I recall correctly, I was probably averaging around $2.89 a gallon. My fuel cost for that trip was in the neighborhood of $1,200, give or take. That same drive, which was about 11,000 miles, would cost me in the neighborhood of $1,900 today. That's just ridiculous. I love hitting the road and seeing this great country of ours, but it has to make sense.

I did a two week road trip in the late spring of 2020, gas was less than two bucks a gallon.

I think gas will get close to $6.50-$6.75 a gallon before it starts to come down after Labor Day. Between now and then, though, things are really gonna' suck. Truckers are charging more, retailers are paying more to ship their goods and those price increases will be passed on to consumers, who are already struggling financially due to price4 increases for, literally, everything.

Since Joe Biden took office, the average price of a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline has increased every single month. When he took office, the price was $2.42, and life was good. Biden took a good thing and, due to his infinite wisdom, the American voter is paying through the ass for damn near everything.

This is Biden's swan song. The democrats will be decimated in November, and the 2024 will bring us the election of a conservative President who actually cares about the American people.

Anyone who thinks this isn't because of Biden is fucking delusional...

If it keeps the yutes from revving up and down my skreet in the middle of the night in their Chargers with the obnoxiously loud exhaust systems then I am all for higher gas prices.

I predict that Uber, Lyft, Doordash, Instacart, and other gig drones will not get a corresponding bump in pay, in order to offset costs.
If they don't get to add fuel surcharge like other delivery companies, they will stop driving.

I can only speak for myself, but I've already changed my driving habits, and will continue to drive when it's only necessary.

The R.V. industry has got to take a big hit. Imagine shelling out the better part of a thousand dollar bill to fill up one of the big boys. Tourism will be down and airfare will be limited. Is that what democrats planned?

Forum List

Back