As Poll Numbers Sink, Dems Waste More Time

I don't mind other opinions and I certainly do not shy away from facts.

If you read back, it was you who questioned MY patriotism and called ME delusional because I did not share your belief in the wisdom and necessity for the invasion/conquest/occupation of Iraq.

It would seem to me that you would besmirch the patriotism of anyone who disagreed with you.

Just admit that you despise anyone who doesn't think like you and you feel free to denigrate them at will.

Just you Maineman, JUST you. Liars and Hypocrites do that to me. You are obviously very educated, but your willingness to allow any lie or any scum as long as it gets to the ends you want is beneath contempt.

You try to "fix" every question you ask so that any answer that isn't what you want comes off sounding bad. You use polls and then decry others that do the same to you. You attempt to twist everything into your rules , if someone doesn't say what you want you fly off in a rage. Your condescending and Arrogant.

Just you Maineman, JUST you. Liars and Hypocrites do that to me. You are obviously very educated, but your willingness to allow any lie or any scum as long as it gets to the ends you want is beneath contempt.

You try to "fix" every question you ask so that any answer that isn't what you want comes off sounding bad. You use polls and then decry others that do the same to you. You attempt to twist everything into your rules , if someone doesn't say what you want you fly off in a rage. Your condescending and Arrogant.

I have never told a lie on this board. not one. And I think that you are a cowardly fucking asshole to DARE to question my integrity from behind the safety of your computer monitor.
I don't "allow any lie or scum as long as it gets to the ends I want".... I chose not to spend my time attacking goofy opinions from the left.... you yourself admitted that racist votes for republicans counted just as much - and were just as welcome - as any other vote. Why should I waste any time on the loony left? I do not decry anyone who uses polls.... but I get upset when folks post poll results - for congressional approval ratings, for example - and claim that they are approval ratings for DEMOCRATS. I get upset when folks claim that polls PROOVE anything...and I get really upset when the guys who post polls and mis-characterize them ALL the fucking time REFUSE to even COMMENT ON or ACKNOWLEDGE any polls that might paint THEIR party in a bad light.

I think THAT is profoundly hypocritical and YOUR continued support for the assholes that do it continually shows YOU in your true light.

How dare YOU call ME a hypocrite?

The same that deemed you and the rest of us. Why?

Well until someone exhibits those characteristics, maybe they themselves should be a little less arrogant and condescending.

Alas I had no right to bud into the conversation, and I apologise to you RetiredGySgt.

I get upset when folks claim that polls PROOVE anything...and I get really upset when the guys who post polls and mis-characterize them ALL the fucking time REFUSE to even COMMENT ON or ACKNOWLEDGE any polls that might paint THEIR party in a bad light.

Looking in the mirror MM?

I get upset when folks claim that polls PROOVE anything...and I get really upset when the guys who post polls and mis-characterize them ALL the fucking time REFUSE to even COMMENT ON or ACKNOWLEDGE any polls that might paint THEIR party in a bad light.

Looking in the mirror MM?

no.... pointing right at you.

the quinnipiac polls shows that 57% of Americans approved of the democrat's troop funding bill WHICH INCLUDED TROOP WITHDRAWAL DEADLINE DATES. You mistakenly refer to that as the "surrender bill". How do you explain 57% approval rating for that bill?

no.... pointing right at you.

the quinnipiac polls shows that 57% of Americans approved of the democrat's troop funding bill WHICH INCLUDED TROOP WITHDRAWAL DEADLINE DATES. You mistakenly refer to that as the "surrender bill". How do you explain 57% approval rating for that bill?

and how do you explain the Dem Congress has a lower number then Pres Bush?

So much for doing the will of the people

and how do you explain the Dem Congress has a lower number then Pres Bush?

So much for doing the will of the people

I explain that poll number as the fact that it is for all of congress and not just the democrats. the republicans who voted against the wishes of 57% of the American people certainly added to their negative feelings about congress.

Now that I have answered your question...it is time for you to answer mine:

I explain that poll number as the fact that it is for all of congress and not just the democrats. the republicans who voted against the wishes of 57% of the American people certainly added to their negative feelings about congress.

Now that I have answered your question...it is time for you to answer mine:

If the Dems are doing the will of the people, why are the Dems approval numbers LOWER then Pres Bush?

Sorry to confuse the issues with facts, but you have to face the truth sooner or later

If the Dems are doing the will of the people, why are the Dems approval numbers LOWER then Pres Bush?

Sorry to confuse the issues with facts, but you have to face the truth sooner or later

I answered your question, show some class and try to answer mine...or run away.... but please quit spinning away from a simple question.

I have

You refuse to believe the Dems are tanking in the polls

you have? I think you are a liar.

This is the question:

"the quinnipiac polls shows that 57% of Americans approved of the democrat's troop funding bill WHICH INCLUDED TROOP WITHDRAWAL DEADLINE DATES. You mistakenly refer to that as the "surrender bill". How do you explain 57% approval rating for that bill?"

please post the thread and post # where you have EVER answered that question.

I'll wait.

you have? I think you are a liar.

This is the question:

"the quinnipiac polls shows that 57% of Americans approved of the democrat's troop funding bill WHICH INCLUDED TROOP WITHDRAWAL DEADLINE DATES. You mistakenly refer to that as the "surrender bill". How do you explain 57% approval rating for that bill?"

please post the thread and post # where you have EVER answered that question.

I'll wait.

If Dems are doing the will of the people and Bush vetoed it - why is Pres Bush's numbers HIGHER then the Dem Congress?

If Dems are doing the will of the people and Bush vetoed it - why is Pres Bush's numbers HIGHER then the Dem Congress?

the most recent poll listed on pollingreport.com (http://www.pollingreport.com/)
is the CBS/New York Times poll taken May 18th through the 23rd. It gives Congress a 36% approval rating and Bush a 30% approval ratings. If Bush is indeed doing the will of the people by vetoing a bill that 57% of them approved of, why is the LATEST poll show him with a LOWER rating than congress?

That IS the most current poll. YOU have pointed out to me that we should always use the most current poll.... what do you say about that?

the most recent poll listed on pollingreport.com (http://www.pollingreport.com/)
is the CBS/New York Times poll taken May 18th through the 23rd. It gives Congress a 36% approval rating and Bush a 30% approval ratings. If Bush is indeed doing the will of the people by vetoing a bill that 57% of them approved of, why is the LATEST poll show him with a LOWER rating than congress?

That IS the most current poll. YOU have pointed out to me that we should always use the most current poll.... what do you say about that?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

When you take ALL the polls, average them together, Pres Bush has a slightly higher number then the Dem run Congress

ALL the polls? some of them are more recent than others!

Look at the most recent polls...that was what you claimed we should do..... so do that. Look at the most recent polls.

the most recent shows Bush trailing congress by 6%

So ignore ALL the polls - and only go with yours?

That is the MM way to debate

So ignore ALL the polls - and only go with yours?

That is the MM way to debate

no...YOU were the guy who said to forget the old polls and go with the recent ones...THE MOST RECENT POLL HAS BUSH 6% BEHIND CONGRESS.

If you want to talk about old polls, then start out by talking about that "old" quinnipiac poll question, or those "old" Harris polls that show congressional democrats whipping congressional republicans.

you can't have it both ways. either we go with the most recent polls, or we discuss all the polls. which is it?

no...YOU were the guy who said to forget the old polls and go with the recent ones...THE MOST RECENT POLL HAS BUSH 6% BEHIND CONGRESS.

If you want to talk about old polls, then start out by talking about that "old" quinnipiac poll question, or those "old" Harris polls that show congressional democrats whipping congressional republicans.

you can't have it both ways. either we go with the most recent polls, or we discuss all the polls. which is it?

You are stuck on one poll that goes your way - I am looking at all of them and looking at the average

The same goes for Rudy is still has a good lead

Forum List

Back