As it should be...

Ame®icano

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2008
Michigan
My work requires to travel from time to time, an depending on where project is, I have to fly. Going thru security checks at the airports it's not always pleasant, especially during holiday season, when lines are much longer. Illegals being able to get driver licenses, and therefore possibility to go thru security lines, also add to the problem. TSA pre chek and NEXUS does help, but problem still persist.

That's why I am satisfied to see the headline this morning.

DHS bans New Yorkers from Global Entry and other programs over state law allowing undocumented immigrants to get driver's licenses

The acting secretary of Homeland Security announced on Wednesday that New York state residents can no longer participate in certain Trusted Traveler Programs, including Global Entry, due to provisions in the state's new "Green Light Law" supporting undocumented immigrants.

The law, which went into effect in December, allows undocumented immigrants to apply for New York driver's licenses while protecting applicants' information from immigration enforcement agencies.

I completely support this decision, except I think it shouldn't be limited to New York, but to every state that allows illegals to have driver's license.

Last edited:
Good topic! Thanx to the thread parent.

I agree, of course. The whole idea of letting illegals get driver's licenses is just wrong, wrong, wrong.

Forum List

Back