As Bank Fears Spread, Oil Craters

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011

As fears over the banking system weigh on markets worldwide, the price of oil has come under significant pressure in recent days with WTI crude oil, the U.S. benchmark, falling below $67 on Wednesday, its lowest price since November 2021.

In just 10 days, oil fell from $80.46 to $67. Today, WTI Crude is $66.59.

Since oil and gas are half the Russian economy, they need oil to remain above $60 to stay solvent.

Speaking of Russia, Putin is going begging to get someone to take his oil.

Ships filled with refined fuels are floating off the coasts of Europe, Africa and Latin America, potentially ratcheting up waiting fees. Some vessels hauling the OPEC+ producer’s crude oil are bouncing between ports without discharging, while others are unloading and being stashed at unusual locations.

It all points to a network of logistics that is struggling to keep pace with servicing a country that exports over 7 million barrels a day of crude oil and products. A vast swath of that trade has shifted from Europe to new and less-familiar customers, often thousands of miles further away.

“There has already been a mismatch in what is leaving Russian ports and what is imported by buyers of Russian oil,” said Giovanni Staunovo, commodity analyst at UBS Group AG. “This is translating in higher volumes of oil on water, and considering a limited number of tankers available to transport oil, if those tankers are not unloaded, it will translate in lower exports and production at some point.”

Putin thought he had the world over an oil barrel. He made a catastrophic error in judgement.

The dow is taking a shit too.....-400

better.jpg

The fear centers around interest rate risk. Banks loaded up on Trump and Obama's debt paper, and now all that paper is underwater.

Nothing to do with Biden.

Your knee-jerk BDS is making you look like a fool.
Turn-about is fair play.

BTW.....You have been whining no-end about the whole thing for a couple days.....What's your solution?

Turn-about is fair play.

BTW.....You have been whining no-end about the whole thing for a couple days.....What's your solution?
I haven't been whining about it. I've been mansplaining it for people like you.

Yet you still try to blame Biden. BDS is real.

My solution is to sell off the parts of the banks that fucked up by not hedging their interest rate risk. Like they did with SVB.

I haven't been whining about it. I've been mansplaining it for people like you.

Yet you still try to blame Biden. BDS is real.

My solution is to sell off the parts of the banks that fucked up by not hedging their interest rate risk. Like they did with SVB.
Fair enough but the bottom line is if something bad economically happens, your fault, my fault, nobody's fault, it does not matter, the administration in charge gets the black mark......Not the one before it.....Much less the one two fuckin' years past.

Fair enough but the bottom line is if something bad economically happens, your fault, my fault, nobody's fault, it does not matter, the administration in charge gets the black mark......Not the one before it.....Much less the one two fuckin' years past.
Only retards blame an administration which has nothing to do with the causes of the crisis.

Seriously. That's ignorant retard illogic.

But as usual, it will be the current administration's job to dig us out of the ditch we find ourselves in yet again.

By the way, Swiss bank Credit Suisse has just received a bailout from the ECB.

We discussed oil prices earlier in the year where I noted this would happen. Then they will find another excuse to run it back over $100.

Only retards blame an administration which has nothing to do with the causes of the crisis.

Seriously. That's ignorant retard illogic.

But as usual, it will be the current administration's job to dig us out of the ditch we find ourselves in yet again.

By the way, Swiss bank Credit Suisse has just received a bailout from the ECB.

Yeah, enjoy your increased banking fees.

Forum List

Back