Article on declining morals.

The world was still in peril with the religious governments in the past and there certainly was no lack of killing and pillaging in those golden days of Christian leadership in power...

I think the decline of individualism is to blame. People are seeking an identity outside of what was once valued. We've gone from "virtue is its own reward" to "virtue is its only reward."

People who complain about declining morals are dreaming of some glorious past that never existed.

I like to invite people who complain about moral decay to explore the concept of ethics. It's like morals except the rules are logically consistent and apply to you first.

The world was still in peril with the religious governments in the past and there certainly was no lack of killing and pillaging in those golden days of Christian leadership in power...
It was about control and if you stepped out of line you were killed. That isn't the world I want to live in that is for sure. Why not let people have sex, wear what we wish and live our fucking lives???

The decline of rural life and small towns has left the urban centers with most of the political and cultural power now, along with their corruption and callous disregard for human life and moral standards. They copy the robber barons and hedonists as master role models. There are no more brakes on degenerate sociopathic behavior.

They're dreaming of puriten times when they literally killed people for having sex and controlled everyones lives. These are sick people.
Morals are pretzel like rationalizations with a lot of handy escape hatches. They might as well not exist at all because they do not seem to apply to those who set themselves as our judges.

Declining morals precede the fall of any society.

I just hope the fall of the USA doesn't usher in a new dark age (like after the fall of Rome).
If anything causes us to fall it will be authoritarians preaching moral certitude. Might want to consider the history of trying to make people conform to arbitrary religious dogma.

People who complain about declining morals are dreaming of some glorious past that never existed.
One thing addressed is the beauty competitions for kids. Are you saying here that those events have been going on since the beginning of time to where there can't be a moment in time when they didn't exist?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Some might say that the Lord was the first child to be put on display and yes, he was, but his being put on display had absolutely nothing to do with how well his exterior did or didn't look in the opinion of everyone else which is the only thing that goes on during such an event these days, right me if I am wrong about that.

If anything causes us to fall it will be authoritarians preaching moral certitude. Might want to consider the history of trying to make people conform to arbitrary religious dogma.

Do you mean "religious dogma" such as "men can not get pregnant"?

Moral certitude like "it's wrong to rape a 6 month old child bloody"?

Is THAT what you mean?

Morals are pretzel like rationalizations with a lot of handy escape hatches. They might as well not exist at all because they do not seem to apply to those who set themselves as our judges.
It is my observation that people are blissfully unaware of their immorality. Criminals don't run and hide because they know what they are doing is wrong. They just don't want to get caught by those who do.

It was about control and if you stepped out of line you were killed. That isn't the world I want to live in that is for sure. Why not let people have sex, wear what we wish and live our fucking lives???
Your freedom to live your life as you choose ends when it starts to harm others.

Our problem is that people have made Christian moral certitude arbitrary.

One thing addressed is the beauty competitions for kids. Are you saying here that those events have been going on since the beginning of time to where there can't be a moment in time when they didn't exist?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Some might say that the Lord was the first child to be put on display and yes, he was, but his being put on display had absolutely nothing to do with how well his exterior did or didn't look in the opinion of everyone else which is the only thing that goes on during such an event these days, right me if I am wrong about that.
Children used to be bought and sold like cattle and forced to labor in horrible conditions. They had no human rights as we think of them. Are those the good old days of moral purity you long for?

Forum List

Back