Arresting opposition leaders

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny was convicted of fraud and contempt of court and sentenced to nine years in a maximum security prison on Tuesday.
A judge also ruled that Navalny would have to pay a fine of 1.2 million rubles (about $11,500).
Shortly after the court hearing, Russian police also detained two lawyers for Navalny, according to a Reuters reporter at the scene.
The lawyers, Olga Mikhailova and Vadim Kobzev, had said Navalny would appeal the court's decision.
Navalny is currently serving another prison sentence of two-and-a-half years in a prison colony east of Moscow.
His associates have said the new trial was intended to keep Navalny, President Vladimir Putin’s longtime foe, behind bars for as long as possible.
Navalny has rejected the charges as bogus.
The trial, which opened about a month ago, unfolded in a makeshift courtroom in the prison colony hours away from Moscow where Navalny is serving a sentence for parole violations.
Navalny’s supporters have criticized the authorities’ decision to move the proceedings there from a courthouse in Moscow, saying it has effectively limited access to the proceedings for the media and supporters.
ArreNavalny, 45, has appeared at hearings wearing prison garb and made several elaborate speeches during the trial, decrying the charges against him as bogus.

Comment:
Does this sort of Opposition Arrest story sound familiar?
Are these sorts of political arrests happening here?
Is Joe Biden acting like Vladimir Putin?
Is arresting the Opposition part of what Biden is calling "democracy"?

I think Steve Bannon should be commended, rather than imprisoned, for robbing all the MAGA freaks he did. I would commend Trump for his ongoing efforts to rob those sheep blind, except he's probably the biggest national security risk in the history of the nation.

Oh look it's another thread where super fraud Steve Bannon just says something and it's the gospel.

You'll have to ask the people who ordered the subpoenas. Unlike you, I don't claim to know what they know.

But you aren't interested in finding out. To you, anyone who challenges the orange universe is a corrupt, demonic commie.

Keeps everything real simple, I'm sure.
Ya cause nothing says law abiding like raiding 35 of your political opponents houses.

Reminds me of ancient Rome's Tiberius's 'Treason Trials.' Today known as the 'Select Committee.'

Why wouldn't we believe Bannon? The FBI has proven untrustworthy and the Democrat MSM won't report it.

This is the new tactical ploy by the left. Because they have accomplices in the media hiding the truth they now claim it is a lie because they are not reporting on it. Just as they did with the Russia hoax when they hid Hunter Biden's crimes and pushed the fabricated crimes against Trump. They are liars and complicit in the disinformation/propaganda campaign.

They are trying to claim it never happened despite the facts from whom they attacked are true.
Biden is a criminal and so are his staff. There are still people being held without bail as political prisoners in the DC jail, for misdemeanors now approaching 2 years in solitary confinement...

Forum List

Back