army has been downsized prepare for draft day

Judicial review

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
Columbus Ohio
The us army has been down graded to about 500000 ground troops. Generals all generals and secratary
Of defenses are saying that's dangerous low. Heard them saying next big war isis could bring back draft if it goes from air campaign to ground invasion.

I'm usually one to blow this off and say it won't happen, but Obama and the sequester could without question make this reality very soon with next president.

What do you think?

We spend more on the military than the next 10 countries combined, and 8 of those are our allies.

Frankly, we spend all this money on very expensive toys we don't use, and then we don't spend all that much on personnel. Then we wonder why the Army takes clowns like Bradley/Chelsea Manning and Nidal Hasan and Bowe Bergdahl who had no business being in a uniform to start with.

The us army has been down graded to about 500000 ground troops. Generals all generals and secratary
Of defenses are saying that's dangerous low. Heard them saying next big war isis could bring back draft if it goes from air campaign to ground invasion.

I'm usually one to blow this off and say it won't happen, but Obama and the sequester could without question make this reality very soon with next president.

What do you think?

Liberals, like the above poster, would love nothing more than for America to be just another 3rd rate military like Europe so all of that money can be spent on "social programs". Should we be the world superpower? Should we influence other countries to buy our products at a premium while buying theirs for a low price? Do we want forward deployed forces in case of emergencies or disasters? Yes, humanitarian aid is first sent by the military and comes out of the military budget. No one likes to talk about that little tidbit. And don't forget China is building a large navy, much of it from intelligence they stole from us. To be a world power, you need a navy. Do you want China to be the world superpower? The Yuan the world currency?

I'd rather be the world superpower with the best military, which we still are but with sequestration we're losing that status. Better buy the Rosetta Stone for Mandarin.

Liberals, like the above poster, would love nothing more than for America to be just another 3rd rate military like Europe so all of that money can be spent on "social programs". Should we be the world superpower? Should we influence other countries to buy our products at a premium while buying theirs for a low price? Do we want forward deployed forces in case of emergencies or disasters? Yes, humanitarian aid is first sent by the military and comes out of the military budget. No one likes to talk about that little tidbit. And don't forget China is building a large navy, much of it from intelligence they stole from us. To be a world power, you need a navy. Do you want China to be the world superpower? The Yuan the world currency?

I'd rather be the world superpower with the best military, which we still are but with sequestration we're losing that status. Better buy the Rosetta Stone for Mandarin.

I was in the Army for 11 years, thanks.

Exactly what has fighting wars in the middle east for the last 30 years gotten us? I mean besides thousands of dead soldiers and trillions in debt?

The reason the Chinese are overtaking us is not because they are spending a lot on their military, or that their military is really all that competent. THe reason why they are overtaking us is because all these big corporations that buy and sell our politicians get these awful trade treaties and move factories over there.

Exactly what has fighting wars in the middle east for the last 30 years gotten us? I mean besides thousands of dead soldiers and trillions in debt?

The reason the Chinese are overtaking us is not because they are spending a lot on their military, or that their military is really all that competent. THe reason why they are overtaking us is because all these big corporations that buy and sell our politicians get these awful trade treaties and move factories over there.

Same old same old blah blah blah. Great. Let's let China be the world superpower and we can kiss their ass. Idiots don't think past their nose and know nothing about economics, finance or foreign affairs.

Same old same old blah blah blah. Great. Let's let China be the world superpower and we can kiss their ass. Idiots don't think past their nose and know nothing about economics, finance or foreign affairs.

Guy, the Chinese overtook us on the watch of you guys who couldn't wait to let Bush fight wars in the Middle East.

I don't worry about the Chinese becoming a superpower. If they want to piss away a lot of money building an aircraft carrier or a canal in Central America, let them.

What do you think?

We have the most powerful military in the history of mankind. Our armed forces are bigger and more powerful than the next ten armies combined and eight of the ten are our allies. We have a nuclear arsenal that can destroy the world

Where is our threat?

Last edited:

Guy, the Chinese overtook us on the watch of you guys who couldn't wait to let Bush fight wars in the Middle East.

I don't worry about the Chinese becoming a superpower. If they want to piss away a lot of money building an aircraft carrier or a canal in Central America, let them.

Thank you for proving you know nothing about how the world works. Typical liberal philosophy.

The Chinese also have 3 times as many people as we do and their welfare program consists of let them die. But I agree our corrupt politicians are being bought by the Chinese and our business moved over there in order to weaken our economy. All we have to do is pass a law that says US corporations must pay US minimum wave wherever they do business.

What do you think?
I think any military operation involving over 250,000 troops, or lasting more than 90 days, should trigger a draft.

Men AND women should be registered.

The misuse of the volunteer army is one of the saddest pages in American history.

The 9-11 volunteers were sent to Iraq and Afghanistan two, three and four times.

What a fucking disgrace.

The Chinese also have 3 times as many people as we do and their welfare program consists of let them die. But I agree our corrupt politicians are being bought by the Chinese and our business moved over there in order to weaken our economy. All we have to do is pass a law that says US corporations must pay US minimum wave wherever they do business.
Chronic unemployment is China is called workshy behaviour, is considered anti-social, and gets you put in a Re-education gulag at best, and a bullet if rehabilitation does not work.

What do you think?

We have the most powerful military in the history of mankind. Our armed forces are bigger and more powerful than the next ten armies combined and eight of the ten are our allies. We have a nucular arsenal that can destroy the world

Where is our threat?
None of that is true.

Thank you for proving you know nothing about how the world works. Typical liberal philosophy.

You are a useless rube.

What do you think?

We have the most powerful military in the history of mankind. Our armed forces are bigger and more powerful than the next ten armies combined and eight of the ten are our allies. We have a nuclear arsenal that can destroy the world

Where is our threat?
None of that is true.

Really?

Which nation has a more powerful military?

What do you think?

A general says there isnt enough Military? Thats like asking a bear if he wants more or less salmon

A draft wouldn't hurt.

But I for one am a conservative that is against all this middle east crap, and was against the first war in Iraq. I can't figure out what in the hell we're doing there. Near as I can figure it was all for oil, but that no longer is an excuse. We should COMPLETELY get out of the middle east and let them KILL each other as fast they possibly can. But if we ever get attacked, go in with everything we have and make a fucking parking lot out of the place, and then LEAVE. No sticking around, no occupying, no nation building, no money no nothing, just fuck with us, and this is what will happen, again. We could save untold trillions of dollars and lives, and yes, I'm also an 8 year service connected disabled veteran.

What do you think?

FYI, I agree with you 100% and am a Conservative. Don't be so quick to judge.

No it's due to currency maniplulation.

A draft wouldn't hurt.

But I for one am a conservative that is against all this middle east crap, and was against the first war in Iraq. I can't figure out what in the hell we're doing there. Near as I can figure it was all for oil, but that no longer is an excuse. We should COMPLETELY get out of the middle east and let them KILL each other as fast they possibly can. But if we ever get attacked, go in with everything we have and make a fucking parking lot out of the place, and then LEAVE. No sticking around, no occupying, no nation building, no money no nothing, just fuck with us, and this is what will happen, again. We could save untold trillions of dollars and lives, and yes, I'm also an 8 year service connected disabled veteran.

How about we don't wait for that inevitable attack and go in their and wipe them out and forget nation building, which is what I think will happen anyways.

We have a problem when the current army troops are going in for 3-4 terms, due to lack of army troops. I fully believe a draft is inevitable and when they complete their terms they will be paid for it and get free schooling and our nation will be better and smarter, because of it. I have no problem with it, but then again I'm not between the ages of 18-25. I'm 28.

Forum List

Back