Armed to defend your home and family? You might want to think again.

He had a right to carry his gun to the door.
And he probably knew his chances of survival were zero if he didn't bring his gun.

It wasn't the police's fault that he was standing his ground.

And like you always say, who gives a fk?
And another idiot chimes in.

Again, the incident has nothing to do with the right to carry a gun or standing one’s ground; it has to do with the wisdom of bringing a gun to answer the door when not warranted and the failure to confirm who is indeed knocking at the door.

This is idiotic and ridiculous.

It has nothing to do with the right to defend oneself and possess firearms; and no one is saying citizens shouldn’t have or exercise those rights.

Exercise the right to not open the door, rendering the possession of guns moot.

Have a cookie and go play.

There's a good boy.

Have a cookie and go play.

There's a good boy.
You’re an idiot and ignoramus.

Rights concern solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons and private entities.

There are no laws prohibiting citizens from answering the door with a gun – consequently, no ‘rights’ have been ‘violated.’

And a private message board poster who isn’t the government suggesting you exercise caution when answering the door with a gun likewise isn’t ‘violating’ your rights.

So here is what happened. The Police receive a 911 call about a domestic disturbance. They go to the house across the street. They bang on the door. The lights are out inside. They bang twice more. The homeowner answers the door with a gun and is shot dead by police.

They were at the wrong house. The man was going to defend his home and family. Right?

You need to think before you get your guns. The cops don’t know you are a good guy. They just see the gun and kill you. This wasn’t the first good guy with a gun killed. And it won’t be the last.

So should the cops be charged with a crime? You decide. My own opinion is no. But I’m interested in hearing your thoughts.
The homemowner acted stupidly

Which has already been pointed out on numerous other threads

There are no laws prohibiting citizens from answering the door with a gun – consequently, no ‘rights’ have been ‘violated.’

Last I checked, if you're gonna send men carrying guns from the government to someone's property you'd do well to have some sort of probable cause.

For starters...

Incompetence is not an excuse and does not void it.

We live in a free country where we have a right to own & bare arms. Does that not count on your own property or is it OK but not if armed agents of the govt come to your door in the middle of the night?

I don't believe this is the case in the New and Improved Progressive America.
No, we are no longer a "free" country. The USA has moved FAR down the list of free nations.
If armed government agents come to your door, you essentially have no rights anymore. Like it or not.

You can argue, but this case clearly is an example.
There may be a lawsuit. But that won't bring the victims back.

Not sure what everyone's situation is, but I can easily see who has come to my front door before I open it. I've never been visited by a cop but if it was a cop I would first speak to them and would certainly not have my gun in my hand.

So here is what happened. The Police receive a 911 call about a domestic disturbance. They go to the house across the street. They bang on the door. The lights are out inside. They bang twice more. The homeowner answers the door with a gun and is shot dead by police.

They were at the wrong house. The man was going to defend his home and family. Right?

You need to think before you get your guns. The cops don’t know you are a good guy. They just see the gun and kill you. This wasn’t the first good guy with a gun killed. And it won’t be the last.

So should the cops be charged with a crime? You decide. My own opinion is no. But I’m interested in hearing your thoughts.
I have answered the door for a cop several times with a gun in my hand.

When I heard the knocking on the door I grabbed my S&W Model 642 .38 snub nosed revolver and dropped it and its pocket holster into my pants pocket. I opened the door with my left hand and the door covered the fact that my right hand was in my right hand pants pocket on the grip of the revolver.

I have also answered the door while holding a larger handgun under a magazine. When the visitor made entry I just laid the magazine and gun on a table.

1681700614799.jpeg

Homeowners with Guns don't survive friends, police, and other visitors who knock on their doors.
I am a homeowner with guns and have survived visits by cops and other people quite well. Plus, I answered the door with a gun in my hand.

If it was a large revolver I just hold a magazine over it with my thumb and lay the revolver and the magazine covering it on a table when the visitor enters.

Usually I answer the door with a snub nose revolver in my pocket and my hand on it. I open the door with my left hand and the door covers the fact that my right hand is holding a revolver.

Forum List

Back