...Armed insurrection, J6 Guns, and more....an analysis, Lawfare.....

Chillicothe

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2021
Posted last week was a link to the legal blog, Lawfare. It is aimed at wonks who are interested --professionally or personally ---in parsing out the legalities of a variety of events then current in the news.
I like it...tho I'm no legal wonk. They offer insightful views usually well buttressed with facts and/or data.

So, this July 7th article hits a lot of the topics we see covered on this USMB chatroom. The author specifically describes the presence of guns, and the idea of an 'armed insurrection'. True, late in the article he snarks on a writer of a Wall Street Journal opinion that claims that J6 couldn't be an insurrection because nobody was 'armed'. The Lawfare article says ....''Umm, let's kick those tires". But he also offers us details on the folks who were arrested with guns, and the guns they brought with them.

A caveat: This is a long article. It ain't a Tweet. You'll have to invest a few minutes to read it. So you know.

Here are a couple of taster paragraphs. But the article itself is linked here:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# "In addition to the categories listed by Ornato that morning, weapons described in criminal complaints and indictments have included baseball bats, stun guns, canes, crowbars, hockey sticks, knives, axes, and hatchets. Rioters also wore or carried an assortment of combat gear that betrayed their preparation for pitched battle: helmets, plate carriers, tactical vests, bullet-proof vests, tactical gloves, tactical goggles, brass knuckles, gas masks, paracord, and zip-tie hand restraints."

# "The most shocking testimony that Cassidy Hutchinson gave last week before the House select committee on the Jan. 6 attack.........revolved around the magnetometers at the Ellipse that day:

I was in the vicinity of a conversation where I overheard the President say something to the effect of, you know, “I -- I don’t effing care that they have weapons. They’re not here to hurt me. Take the effing mags away. Let my people in. They can march to the Capitol from here.”
Much post-hearing analysis of Hutchinson’s testimony has rightly focused on what her testimony reveals about former President Trump’s state of mind and whether he should now be charged criminally with corrupt obstruction of an official proceeding, incitement of a riot, or incitement of an insurrection.

# "In addition to the categories listed by Ornato that morning, weapons described in criminal complaints and indictments have included baseball bats, stun guns, canes, crowbars, hockey sticks, knives, axes, and hatchets. Rioters also wore or carried an assortment of combat gear that betrayed their preparation for pitched battle: helmets, plate carriers, tactical vests, bullet-proof vests, tactical gloves, tactical goggles, brass knuckles, gas masks, paracord, and zip-tie hand restraints."
Cool story Loon…..Apache choppers would have been no match for those baseball bats and canes…huh?

here is what a real insurrection looks like:

Laughing and splashing in a big swimming pool is an armed insurrection?

We all should be so lucky. The world may be a kinder and gentler place that what it is often portrayed as. Who knew?

The activity often described as an 'armed insurrection' here in America is kinda like the pic below. IMHO

1657421014683.png

Much post-hearing analysis of Hutchinson’s testimony has rightly focused on what her testimony reveals about former President Trump’s state of mind and whether he should now be charged criminally with corrupt obstruction of an official proceeding, incitement of a riot, or incitement of an insurrection.
LefTard Logic:

Insurrectionists -
GettyImages-1230454306-1000x667.jpg

GettyImages-1230453213.jpg

Not Insurrectionists-
atlanta-protest-mo_hpMain_20200529-213817_16x9_992.jpg

4ad.jpg

Every time you loons use the word “insurrection“ you lose credibility. NOBODY decent, sane and paying attention can take you seriously.

Every time you loons use the word “insurrection“ you lose credibility. NOBODY decent, sane and paying attention can take you seriously.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Didja read the Lawfare article, Broke Loser?

See this part: "The struggle over the label insurrection is an important one. Though riots are serious matters, insurrections are in a different category. They are seismic, historic events. In addition, inciting insurrection, which carries a 10-year maximum term, is a more serious crime than inciting a riot, which carries a five-year maximum.

# "The most shocking testimony that Cassidy Hutchinson gave last week before the House select committee on the Jan. 6 attack.........revolved around the magnetometers at the Ellipse that day:

This would get you an F in law school.

This would get you an F in law school.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good to know. If I ever aspire to be a lawyer. (unlikely, as I'm sort of a super senior. If you know what I mean.)

BTW, good post 'woodie'......didja read the linked Lawfare article?

Posted last week was a link to the legal blog, Lawfare. It is aimed at wonks who are interested --professionally or personally ---in parsing out the legalities of a variety of events then current in the news.
I like it...tho I'm no legal wonk. They offer insightful views usually well buttressed with facts and/or data.

So, this July 7th article hits a lot of the topics we see covered on this USMB chatroom. The author specifically describes the presence of guns, and the idea of an 'armed insurrection'. True, late in the article he snarks on a writer of a Wall Street Journal opinion that claims that J6 couldn't be an insurrection because nobody was 'armed'. The Lawfare article says ....''Umm, let's kick those tires". But he also offers us details on the folks who were arrested with guns, and the guns they brought with them.

A caveat: This is a long article. It ain't a Tweet. You'll have to invest a few minutes to read it. So you know.

Here are a couple of taster paragraphs. But the article itself is linked here:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I read it. It is full of shit. He bases his opinion on the proven false testimony of hutchinson.

Dismissed.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Didja read the Lawfare article, Broke Loser?

See this part: "The struggle over the label insurrection is an important one. Though riots are serious matters, insurrections are in a different category. They are seismic, historic events. In addition, inciting insurrection, which carries a 10-year maximum term, is a more serious crime than inciting a riot, which carries a five-year maximum.
Hahaha…I think you‘re struggling to understand the definition of insurrection.

6AC308C0-9578-4267-8157-61C8CA8B772C.jpeg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good to know. If I ever aspire to be a lawyer. (unlikely, as I'm sort of a super senior. If you know what I mean.)

BTW, good post 'woodie'......didja read the linked Lawfare article?
I don't post other people's opinions, nor do I care to read them. Why don't you post your own?

The most pertinent information imho is if the baseball bats were wooden or aluminum and if they were black...
Not the 140 injured police officers. Not the death threats. Not our Congress and vice President having to be whisked to safety.

Maybe you shouldn't say it so proudly.

here is what a real insurrection looks like:

I think I saw video where they were in their presidents house, in his swimming pool and the guy resigned immediately.

This is why I have stated that the 1/6 and other activities, often with excessively hyperbole and exaggerations, do NOT help America, your reputation globally, nor citizens belief in democracy.

They continue to pretend that Trump is the only one who has an issue with election results. Maybe your politicians should be working to bring confidence in the process and results and stop pretending that Trump and his supporters don't have a reason to be concerned with the weeks long tabulation process.

It lends me to believe that some in your country really don't give a damn about Americas success, they just desire power, control and personal wealth.

Last edited:
They continue to pretend that Trump is the only one who has an issue with election results.
Because the lie originates with him. GOP candidates PRETEND to believe it to get the votes of Trump supporters and, indeed, Trump himself.

That's a fact. That is where we are in the USA, at this moment. GOP candidates giving lip service to the big lie to get the big guy's endorsement.

Imagine if Trump had the guts to say, "There was no fraud. We lost. Here's why. We will do it better this time."

Simple.

Because the lie originates with him. GOP candidates PRETEND to believe it to get the votes of Trump supporters and, indeed, Trump himself.

That's a fact. That is where we are in the USA, at this moment. GOP candidates giving lip service to the big lie to get the big guy's endorsement.

Imagine if Trump had the guts to say, "There was no fraud. We lost. Here's why. We will do it better this time."

Simple.

What if he doesn't believe that though?

Look, I don't make friends in the U.S when I am critical of your election process and I am far from alone based on comments I have read on social media from Europeans and others. I am not trying to be a conspiracy guy, but your Election Night didn't run smoothly. It didn't lend the viewers around the globe to confidence in the process.

So the first question that should be considered, and isn't, "why are we the only nation on earth that uses computer voting for your federal elections?" On the level or not, just having a software process is going to create distrust.

Then you have voting I.D issues and voting counts that should be completed on the same night, not weeks later. Nor post-dated voting cards, incomplete information etc.

This is why I say some don't give a damn about Americas reputation around the world. Maybe some with a few brain cells and hopefully integrity might ask if the Election Night helped or harmed Americas reputation with other democratic allies.

What if he doesn't

What if he doesn't believe that though?
That's even worse. That's a crisis. That is a dangerously delusional man who cannot be trusted in elected office.

Then, I don't know. The electoral college was supposed to prevent such a person from being elected. That's all we got, down here. And a dysfunctional Senate.

That's even worse. That's a crisis. That is a dangerously delusional man who cannot be trusted in elected office.

Then, I don't know. The electoral college was supposed to prevent such a person from being elected. That's all we got, down here. And a dysfunctional Senate.
You have no idea what you're talking about. As of right now, we have a Usurper in the oval office. Trump is the rightfully duly elected legal president. Biden's days are numbered and we patriots are taking this country back from you mentally ill liberals.

Forum List

Back