Armed BLM "Protester" Shot Dead in Austin, TX

Something else to consider. 9 vs 19.

Blacks make up 13% of our population.

Am I the only one who sees a problem here?

Funny deal is statistics.. The smaller the set of numbers, the less likely you're find ANY WAY to make them statistically significant.. When you're dealing with -- oh maybe -- 20 million police encounters every year -- these results are in the noise... AND not controlled for influences OTHER than race. Like the TYPE of encounter that caused the death.

Don't try this at home.. Works on BIGGER sets of numbers fine..

And, a disproportionate number of those poor people happen to be minorities. I totally agree it is a problem..bit this part might shock you. It is as much a problem in red as in blue.

Those SYSTEMIC issues i mentioned are largely economic and disproportionately affect the poor. But "poor and rural" doesn't present as much of a problem, because the "customer interface" to justice is a handful of people.. People UNDERSTAND the accommodations that can and should be made.. The larger you go -- the more economic disparity affects your experience with the law and the courts.. The problems come in when cities SKIMP on things like number of judges, courthouse employees handling citizen forms, etc.. And when in a BIG city, their FINES become a NEEDED SOURCE OF REVENUE... Ferguson derived almost TWICE the state Average for income from fines.. It's entire budget DEPENDED on it.. Which is a really perverse incentive...

WHY? Because the govt wasn't TAILORED for a community with lower property values and a higher percentage of people on the economic brink.. I've personally SEEN in Tenn where less affluent cities dont TRY to administer policing and justice the way it's done in bigger metros.. And the experience is FAR less traumatic to the poorer in the community...

So unless the "red state" is SYSTEMATICALLY CORRUPT like Louisiana (sorry saints)
Wait...cutting to the quick...are you saying red states are not corrupt?

You mean when Trump is defending “his shit” by shooting non violent protesters in the face?

Sorry dude. I am not seeing any difference between the mayor and Trump playintoy soldiers with people’s rights. Stop excusing him.

By what? a tear gas canister? Rubber bullet? Why do you keep insisting there's no RISK in CONFRONTING police.. When the SOLE PURPOSE of the riot is to evoke a police response? You know how many FEDERAL AGENTS were SERIOUSLY INJURED and blindedi n first 12 days?? More than a dozen..

And they are NOT soldiers.. Trump did NOT invoke the Insurrection Act that has been used 10 TIMES by Presidents since about 1955 to bring in ACTUAL ARMY TROOPS to quell riots and enforce segregation and other reasons..

He's using a more measured response that protects the Federal properties and personnel in these cities where the mayors are using Mommie's Basement dwellers as a proxy army for their political insanity..

Like I said, If you dont want FBI/Soc Sec/Fed Courts/EPA in your CITY -- then how come COYOTE WANTS THE FEDS to be there "reforming policing"??? And what does ANY OF THAT BATTLE have to do with protesting Civil Rights issues?

WHYTF would you attack Federal ASSETS and PERSONNEL to rectify a "bad cop" killing a man in ANOTHER STATE???

WHATTF does this have to do with BLM or George Floyld or Defund the LOCAL police?? WHY are you PRETENDING THESE PEOPLE ARE PROTESTING ANYTHING about what happened the past 60 days or so??

Need some answers..

PROVE -- these criminal acts HAVE a known justifiable protest value....

I know what you're thinking.. It's all about Trump AINT IT???? And the election and all the bad news about how your party has WOUNDED ITSELF for 4 freakin years now by "not agreeing to abide by the results of an election"...
Ooooohhhh... now we get to the heart of it. Trump. Your tribe.

Automatic Trump Defense System activated.

And guess what? It wasn’t even me! :lol:

You so blew it dude!

flacaltenn ...whether you agree or not, these people were protesting BEFORE Trump sent his goons.

What I want to know is wtf happened to the libertarian values supporting our rights (protest...not riot)?

Why is it that the ideology that supporated the Bundy’s armed take over, falls short of supporting the leftist equivalent?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
flacaltenn ...whether you agree or not, these people were protesting BEFORE Trump sent his goons.

What I want to know is wtf happened to the libertarian values supporting our rights (protest...not riot)?

Why is it that the ideology that supporated the Bundy’s armed take over, falls short of supporting the leftist equivalent?
There never were any libertarian values. He tries to camouflage himself with libertarianism.

Wow. So I hear things like “police need better training” and reform not defund ... like no one ever thought of that. Until now.

Imagine that. We’ve been saying that for years!

Protests and riots don’t appear out of nowhere. Nor are they typically instigated, micromanaged, or controlled by shadowy conspiracies intent to on overturning the mythical American Way of Life. This one was brewing for a long time. Rodney King...Ferguson...now. So why is it that no one listens?

Oh wait. They did listen. After Ferguson. The DoJ implemented a series of reforms. But guess what? Rightists scrapped them. In their (by now) typical Rightist fashion, they purged the DoJ of all Obama era reforms.

The Trump administration has dismantled key federal tools for imposing accountability on police forces engaging in systemic racial discrimination, severely hampering efforts to heal the wounds of the police killing of George Floyd and the ongoing protests convulsing the country.

Under Donald Trump, the US justice department has allowed federal mechanisms designed to impose change on racist police agencies to wither on the vine. As a result, law enforcement agencies that practice racial profiling, use excessive force and other forms of unconstitutional policing are now free from federal oversight.

The most important of those tools, known as consent decrees, were deployed extensively by the Barack Obama administration in the wake of previous high-profile police killings of unarmed black men. They included the death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, in 2014; 12-year-old Tamir Rice in Cleveland, Ohio, that same year; and the 2015 death of Freddie Gray in Baltimore, Maryland.

Under Obama, 14 consent decrees were enforced upon troubled and discriminatory police agencies. By contrast, none have been issued in the more than three years of the Trump administration.

By scrapping the use of consent decrees, Trump has effectively made it much harder for the US to recover from the turmoil roiling the nation. In the absence of federal pressure, any reform impetus will have to come from cities and states acting in isolation or from inside police agencies that are likely to be resistant to change.

This article was written June 7th. ... “The protests aren’t going to die down. We have a very long summer ahead of us,” he said.

Boy was he right.

I hate to break it to you Coyote, but it is progressive politicians who are to blame. They have consistently lowered the standards for police and have actively trained out the ability to think for themselves.

I am very pro good cop. But I am also very anti bad cop. It is a problem I have been writing about here, for years.
Bullshit. You guys blame progressives for everything but when we look at the facts, republicans are the ones who support draconian policing policies.

Funny deal is statistics.. The smaller the set of numbers, the less likely you're find ANY WAY to make them statistically significant.. When you're dealing with -- oh maybe -- 20 million police encounters every year -- these results are in the noise... AND not controlled for influences OTHER than race. Like the TYPE of encounter that caused the death.

And, a disproportionate number of those poor people happen to be minorities. I totally agree it is a problem..bit this part might shock you. It is as much a problem in red as in blue.

Those SYSTEMIC issues i mentioned are largely economic and disproportionately affect the poor. But "poor and rural" doesn't present as much of a problem, because the "customer interface" to justice is a handful of people.. People UNDERSTAND the accommodations that can and should be made.. The larger you go -- the more economic disparity affects your experience with the law and the courts.. The problems come in when cities SKIMP on things like number of judges, courthouse employees handling citizen forms, etc.. And when in a BIG city, their FINES become a NEEDED SOURCE OF REVENUE... Ferguson derived almost TWICE the state Average for income from fines.. It's entire budget DEPENDED on it.. Which is a really perverse incentive...

WHY? Because the govt wasn't TAILORED for a community with lower property values and a higher percentage of people on the economic brink.. I've personally SEEN in Tenn where less affluent cities dont TRY to administer policing and justice the way it's done in bigger metros.. And the experience is FAR less traumatic to the poorer in the community...

So unless the "red state" is SYSTEMATICALLY CORRUPT like Louisiana (sorry saints)
Despite your finest denials, systemic racism is real and it's a problem.

Wow. So I hear things like “police need better training” and reform not defund ... like no one ever thought of that. Until now.

Protests and riots don’t appear out of nowhere. Nor are they typically instigated, micromanaged, or controlled by shadowy conspiracies intent to on overturning the mythical American Way of Life. This one was brewing for a long time. Rodney King...Ferguson...now. So why is it that no one listens?

Oh wait. They did listen. After Ferguson. The DoJ implemented a series of reforms. But guess what? Rightists scrapped them. In their (by now) typical Rightist fashion, they purged the DoJ of all Obama era reforms.

The Trump administration has dismantled key federal tools for imposing accountability on police forces engaging in systemic racial discrimination, severely hampering efforts to heal the wounds of the police killing of George Floyd and the ongoing protests convulsing the country.

Under Donald Trump, the US justice department has allowed federal mechanisms designed to impose change on racist police agencies to wither on the vine. As a result, law enforcement agencies that practice racial profiling, use excessive force and other forms of unconstitutional policing are now free from federal oversight.

The most important of those tools, known as consent decrees, were deployed extensively by the Barack Obama administration in the wake of previous high-profile police killings of unarmed black men. They included the death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, in 2014; 12-year-old Tamir Rice in Cleveland, Ohio, that same year; and the 2015 death of Freddie Gray in Baltimore, Maryland.

Under Obama, 14 consent decrees were enforced upon troubled and discriminatory police agencies. By contrast, none have been issued in the more than three years of the Trump administration.

By scrapping the use of consent decrees, Trump has effectively made it much harder for the US to recover from the turmoil roiling the nation. In the absence of federal pressure, any reform impetus will have to come from cities and states acting in isolation or from inside police agencies that are likely to be resistant to change.

This article was written June 7th. ... “The protests aren’t going to die down. We have a very long summer ahead of us,” he said.

Boy was he right.

I hate to break it to you Coyote, but it is progressive politicians who are to blame. They have consistently lowered the standards for police and have actively trained out the ability to think for themselves.

I am very pro good cop. But I am also very anti bad cop. It is a problem I have been writing about here, for years.
Bullshit. You guys blame progressives for everything but when we look at the facts, republicans are the ones who support draconian policing policies.

Ummm biden WROTE the 1994 crime bill that screwed over the inner city blacks you ignorant twat.

You mean when Trump is defending “his shit” by shooting non violent protesters in the face?

Sorry dude. I am not seeing any difference between the mayor and Trump playintoy soldiers with people’s rights. Stop excusing him.

By what? a tear gas canister? Rubber bullet? Why do you keep insisting there's no RISK in CONFRONTING police.. When the SOLE PURPOSE of the riot is to evoke a police response? You know how many FEDERAL AGENTS were SERIOUSLY INJURED and blindedi n first 12 days?? More than a dozen..

And they are NOT soldiers.. Trump did NOT invoke the Insurrection Act that has been used 10 TIMES by Presidents since about 1955 to bring in ACTUAL ARMY TROOPS to quell riots and enforce segregation and other reasons..

He's using a more measured response that protects the Federal properties and personnel in these cities where the mayors are using Mommie's Basement dwellers as a proxy army for their political insanity..

Like I said, If you dont want FBI/Soc Sec/Fed Courts/EPA in your CITY -- then how come COYOTE WANTS THE FEDS to be there "reforming policing"??? And what does ANY OF THAT BATTLE have to do with protesting Civil Rights issues?

WHYTF would you attack Federal ASSETS and PERSONNEL to rectify a "bad cop" killing a man in ANOTHER STATE???

WHATTF does this have to do with BLM or George Floyld or Defund the LOCAL police?? WHY are you PRETENDING THESE PEOPLE ARE PROTESTING ANYTHING about what happened the past 60 days or so??

Need some answers..

I know what you're thinking.. It's all about Trump AINT IT???? And the election and all the bad news about how your party has WOUNDED ITSELF for 4 freakin years now by "not agreeing to abide by the results of an election"...

You so blew it dude!

Flack is far from a Trump champion. But he does think for himself.

You should try that too. Calling Trump a racist is a joke considering the number of awards he has received from black leaders over the years for his aid in helping black youth.

Instead of parroting what the media liars say you do your own research. Look up Rainbow Push awards Trump.

Go ahead, I dare ya.

Show it then. Not just vague BS, but show us specific instances.

Boy was he right.

Ummm biden WROTE the 1994 crime bill that screwed over the inner city blacks you ignorant twat.
Since I 've been black and have seen every year since 1961, I can say that the 1994 crime bill didn't do all the things claimed. On top of that, blacks supported that crime bill due to the crack Reagan let be put in the hood to finance the Contras. The 1994 crime bill provisions ended 16 years ago. Nobody bought it up in 2008 when Clinton made her first presidential run.

I was working in 2 of those inner cities son. The crime bill had a lot of money in it for community based crime prevention programs. Blacks have always been overincarcerated. You might want to take a good hard look at Reagans War on Drugs before you try telling me about policies that affected a community you drive past on the way to the suburbs.

I have shown it plenty of times. You have a computer and searches. Type in the words and do some reading. You white men don't get to gaslight your way out of this one.

Boy was he right.

Since I 've been black and have seen every year since 1961, I can say that the 1994 crime bill didn't do all the things claimed. On top of that, blacks supported that crime bill due to the crack Reagan let be put in the hood to finance the Contras. The 1994 crime bill provisions ended 16 years ago. Nobody bought it up in 2008 when Clinton made her first presidential run.

I was working in 2 of those inner cities son. The crime bill had a lot of money in it for community based crime prevention programs. Blacks have always been overincarcerated. You might want to take a good hard look at Reagans War on Drugs before you try telling me about policies that affected a community you drive past on the way to the suburbs.

Reagans war on drugs, written by Biden. Sure thing, sport.

I have shown it plenty of times. You have a computer and searches. Type in the words and do some reading. You white men don't get to gaslight your way out of this one.

No, you haven't. All you ever post are opinion pieces. Give us one cold hard example of systemic racism that is MEASURABLE.

Need some answers..

You so blew it dude!

You should try that too. Calling Trump a racist is a joke considering the number of awards he has received from black leaders over the years for his aid in helping black youth.

Instead of parroting what the media liars say you do your own research. Look up Rainbow Push awards Trump.

Go ahead, I dare ya.
trump is a racist. Donald Sterling got an NAACP award. I am sure Coyote has looked at the trump organization racial discrimination suit. Maybe you should do that. Then go look at what he wrote about those kids who he wanted the death penalty for. He didn't take a full page out when Son of Sam was killing. And can you name me any other president that trump asked to see a birth certificate? Then there is that small matter of his niece, who knows him better than all of us, calling him a racist.

Need some answers..

You so blew it dude!

Go ahead, I dare ya.
trump is a racist. Donald Sterling got an NAACP award. I am sure Coyote has looked at the trump organization racial discrimination suit. Maybe you should do that. Then go look at what he wrote about those kids who he wanted the death penalty for. He didn't take a full page out when Son of Sam was killing. And can you name me any other president that trump asked to see a birth certificate? Then there is that small matter of his niece, who knows him better than all of us, calling him a racist.

Tell that to Jesse Jackson who gave Trump the award. There is ZERO evidence Trump is racist. All there is is the braying of asses, lying through their teeth.

Boy was he right.

Reagans war on drugs, written by Biden. Sure thing, sport.
Not really, but you go on. Like I said, I was working in those inner cities every day. And the history of this country for blacks began with overincarceration.

These cops need to be held to a higher standard, but they also need better training.
After 2 months of nightly riots and over 50 people killed I really dont care about floyd anymore

or the cop who is accused of killing him

the left has gone too far and I want them stopped

We cant

we cant conduct law enforcement on the quota system

meaning stick a cop in the hood and tell him only 13% of the arrests can be black

Need some answers..

You so blew it dude!

Go ahead, I dare ya.

Tell that to Jesse Jackson who gave Trump the award. There is ZERO evidence Trump is racist. All there is is the braying of asses, lying through their teeth.
I don't have to tell Jesse Jackson shit. You go tell his niece how she never heard the racist comments There is overwhelming evidence of trumps racism and you've seen it.

These cops need to be held to a higher standard, but they also need better training.
After 2 months of nightly riots and over 50 people killed I really dont care about floyd anymore

or the cop who is accused of killing him

the left has gone too far and I want them stopped
There haven't been nightly riots and a lot of the problem has been caused by white supremacists. There have been more than 50 people killed that have nothing to do with protests. In these last 2 month 100,000 people have died from COVID19. How about trump doing something about that?

Forum List

Back