Arizona Senator Kyrsten Sinema Remains Among America's Most Unpopular Senator's After Party Switch.

Besides the 'whataboutism' fallacy, yours are weasel words, my friend, weasel words

Those are vague words and phrases which prevent coherent thought and can lead to false conclusions.

There's also a good dose of simplistic conclusions in your comment, so devoid of pertinent details that the statement is anemic, lacking the robustness the subject would require, that is, if one is sincere in pursuit of facts, reality, and truth.
I'm not your friend but please do feel free to find anything wrong with my statement besides you mumbling words you just read in the dictionary

I'm not your friend but please do feel free to find anything wrong with my statement besides you mumbling words you just read in the dictionary

No need, Rust. Now please don't have conniption, the phrase was rhetorical.

Your focusing on my verbiage is curious, why would you say such a thing? Is your vocab below that of a sophomore?

And I did find much wrong with your statement, just reread the comment to which you replied.

No need, Rust. Now please don't have conniption, the phrase was rhetorical.

Your focusing on my verbiage is curious, why would you say such a thing? Is your vocab below that of a sophomore?
So you're talking to yourself

No need to tag me then nutjob ramble away

If I were Arizona Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, and I were smart enough to know that Biden should not have run for President due to dirty tricks the only way for him to get elected, and that when the video was put out that as Vice President Biden's video of him bragging to his buddies in the Democrat Party about heisting a billion dollars from the not-yet-received 3 billion dollar foreign bailout, that he would contact Congress to rescind their foreign aid package to the Ukraine entirely, and that they would get nothing unless the put one billion dollars in cash on Air Force Two in less than 6 hours or they'd get nothing. The Ukraine complied with the extortion threat and settled for the two billion instead of three billion package the Congress had granted due to their troubles with Russia, and to help them fight off the Russians if they ever struck. As I understand it, the video was made of Vice President Biden in his 8th year as VPOTUS. The video was viral for 5 or 6 months but disappeared a few weeks after Biden registered to run for President in 2020. Maybe Kyrsten is a true liberal but couldn't stand the level of criminality that is associated with screwing the American taxpayer of one billion dollars laundered through America's foreign aid package that was granted to them. The Constitution tells that the people who receive paychecks from the government (employees) may not accept gifts of any kind from foreign governments, and it implies that government employees must not use their offices for criminal gains such as extortion. But implication is not enough. We need Congress to forbid both weaponization of high office against one's political opponents in this country and the criminal demand of personal gains of any kind from any official backed up by a life in prison consequence. Get busy Congress, we can't let criminals rule without consequences, and make it retroactive to prevent criminals from being on privileges for their life's duration. that's the only way we can wake up people in high office that are using their power to create rifts in the fabric of this democratic republic we call the USA. If Congress refuses to clarify what the Constitution's no-gifts order to include no criminality as an amendment, Congress has to grow up and make an honesty requirement and stop this hateful and exasperating practice end. Otherwise, it will get worse if nothing happens to people who offend the Constitution with extortions of money from anybody else for any reason why.

I searched the web and found out that the Hobbs Act of 1992 illegalized fed officials must not extort money using office as a threat:

In addition to the "wrongful use of actual or threatened force, violence, or fear," the Hobbs Act (18 U.S.C. § 1951) defines extortion in terms of "the obtaining of property from another, with his consent . . . under color of official right." In fact, the under color of official right aspect of the Hobbs Act derives from the common law meaning of extortion. As the Supreme Court explained in a recent opinion regarding the Hobbs Act,​
"[a]t common law, extortion was an offense committed by a public official who took 'by color of his office' money that was not due to him for the performance of his official duties. . . . Extortion by the public official was the rough equivalent of what we would now describe as 'taking a bribe.'" Evans v. United States, 504 U.S. 255 (1992).​
In order to show a violation of the Hobbs Act under this provision, the Supreme Court recently held that "the Government need only show that a public official has obtained a payment to which he was not entitled, knowing that the payment was made in return for official acts." While the definition of extortion under the Hobbs Act with regard to force, violence or fear requires the obtaining of property from another with his consent induced by these means, the under color of official right provision does not require that the public official take steps to induce the extortionate payment: It can be said that "the coercive element is provided by the public office itself." Evans v. United States, 504 U.S. 255 (1992); see United States v. Margiotta, 688 F.2d 108, 130 (2d Cir. 1982), cert. denied, 461 U.S. 913 (1983) ("[t]he public officer's misuse of his office supplies the necessary element of coercion . . . .").​

Last edited:
Yeah, she was still a Democrat.
Arizona politics are weird (or is it "is weird"). There is this strange politeness that occurs out here; it's almost seen as rude to vote against he incumbent. I think she wins re-election 54% or more.

A social liberal who votes like a moderate conservative sometimes.

Arizona Sen. Kyrsten Sinema continues to rank among America’s most unpopular senators following her departure from the Democratic Party, according to Morning Consult Political Intelligence tracking in all 50 states.

But less than two years out from a potential 2024 re-election campaign, surveys conducted after she announced her decision to become an independent reveal a coalitional shift that’s made her more popular with Arizona’s unaffiliated and Republican voters but hastened her descent with the state’s Democrats.

Following Sinema’s Dec. 9 declaration that she was separating from the Democratic Party, her overall approval rating only moved marginally. But among Democrats in her state, whose national apparatus helped her flip a seat in the 2018 midterm elections, Sinema’s disapproval rating climbed 18 percentage points, to 59%.
She saw the light. Democrats Suck.

Arizona politics are weird (or is it "is weird"). There is this strange politeness that occurs out here; it's almost seen as rude to vote against he incumbent. I think she wins re-election 54% or more.

A social liberal who votes like a moderate conservative sometimes.
I doubt it. Her numbers are tanking with Democrats and the republic party is dominated by maga fuckups.

My guess is she doesn't run with kari pond announcing a run against U.S. Rep. Ruben Gallego for the seat.

I doubt it. Her numbers are tanking with Democrats and the republic party is dominated by maga fuckups.

My guess is she doesn't run with kari pond announcing a run against U.S. Rep. Ruben Gallego for the seat.
I think she runs and wins but hey, this is what makes horse racing. She, like MacSally, deserved a better party.

Sinema remains an 'Independent'.

I'm all for that. Get rid of all 'Parties' and make politiciand run on their own ideas, beliefs, merrits, and records.

It would solve a LOT of this nation's problems.

Groucho Marx:
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member."

I think she runs and wins but hey, this is what makes horse racing. She, like MacSally, deserved a better party.

The difference is that the republic party left her with a hard right maga turn. While the Democratic Party is just trying to return to normal political function.

Also, her stance on abortion with no exceptions didn't help her.

Sinema recently said "I don't like eating in the congressional cafeteria, it's just a bunch of old guys eating Jello", which is actually probably true. Congress is not representative of the younger generation, look at Biden as President and Chuck Grassley, and others like these two. Don't forget Feinstein. I'm all for having experienced voices as representatives, but the Senate is pretty ancient.

Forum List

Back