"Are You Well Read:" Appealing The Decision

A pal sent me this 'challenge,' about books I have read...

If You've Read 10% of These Books You're Very Well Read
Ten percent? That's only fifty books! You've read at least fifty of these books right? I'm sure you have.

I hate to lose at anything.....but I couldn't resist taking the test.

I got 20%....but my pal got 25%!!!!!!

Here is the basis of my appeal: it is nearly all fiction, and my pal, an NYU Prof, had a book club (that I was in).......
....and tons of my reading is non-fiction!!!!!

Anyway......you can take that test yourself (since Liberals don't read, they are excused from the exercise).
I wouldn't be too sure what the score means since even a government-schooled ignoramus like me read 61 of the books.

Yikes!!!

Someone makes a list of books that they know and we are supposed to acquire knowledge by only reading the list a person has submitted, yet the list doesn't have all the books one can read...Then we have a delectable juicy insult from the OP in an education thread...She violates TOS and yet still thinks she is well read...

I have read several of the books on the list yet have read more books that are not on the list.

Would you feel better if they added "Fun With Dick and Jane" to the list?

Someone makes a list of books that they know and we are supposed to acquire knowledge by only reading the list a person has submitted, yet the list doesn't have all the books one can read...Then we have a delectable juicy insult from the OP in an education thread...She violates TOS and yet still thinks she is well read...

I have read several of the books on the list yet have read more books that are not on the list.

Probably wants
1611500065810.png

Probably wants
View attachment 447889
So what if she does it is better than having none at all...Love is love no matter who it comes from...

Why, I read that at four..

Quite a walk down memory lane. What about all the ones I've read that weren't in that list?

Your Results
93 of 500 · 19%

You did better than 72% of users on this list

Your rank: #67,196 of 238,286 users on this list

You beat the avg. score of 83

You're most likely lying. I doubt most of those are even published in russian

Ten percent? That's only fifty books! You've read at least fifty of these books right? I'm sure you have.

Here is the basis of my appeal: it is nearly all fiction, and my pal, an NYU Prof, had a book club (that I was in).......

Anyway......you can take that test yourself (since Liberals don't read, they are excused from the exercise).

I read constantly and only got 45 on the list. But I read as much non fiction as fiction. No Zola, no Flaubert, only one Salman Rushdie. No Heinlein or Arthur C. Clarke. No Scott Fitzgerald. No John Updike.

Kind of a lame list, honestly.

Quite a walk down memory lane. What about all the ones I've read that weren't in that list?

Your Results
93 of 500 · 19%

You did better than 72% of users on this list

Your rank: #67,196 of 238,286 users on this list

You beat the avg. score of 83

" What about all the ones I've read that weren't in that list? "

Every one of us has said the same thing.

Google Surveillance Capitalism, lots of reviews online, but read the book. I can find my usmb reading list? I can believe it would be deleted?

"What began as advertising is now a threat to freedom and democracy argues the author and scholar. Time to wake up - and fight for a different digital future"

"The Age of Surveillance Capitalism' by Shoshana Zuboff

Below reading will open your mind.

'The Rhetoric of Reaction: Perversity, Futility, Jeopardy' Albert O. Hirschman
'Invisible Hands: The Businessmen's Crusade Against the New Deal' Kim Phillips-Fein
"Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right" Jane Mayer
'White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America' by Nancy Rosenberg
'The Making of Donald Trump' by David Cay Johnston

'Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain' by David Eagle man
'The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark' Carl Sagan
'Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming' Naomi Orestes, Erik M. M. Conway
'The Plot to Hack America: How Putin’s Cyberspies and WikiLeaks Tried to Steal the 2016 Election' by Malcolm Nance

For history check out, a deep penetrating look in a tough topic.

'Hitler's Willing Executioners' Daniel Goldhagen

"So he lent her books. After all, one of life's best pleasures is reading a book of perfect beauty; more pleasurable still is rereading that book; most pleasurable of all is lending it to the person one loves: Now she is reading or has just read the scene with the mirrors; she who is so lovely is drinking in that loveliness I've drunk." William T. Vollmann

Google Surveillance Capitalism, lots of reviews online, but read the book. I can find my usmb reading list? I can believe it would be deleted?

"What began as advertising is now a threat to freedom and democracy argues the author and scholar. Time to wake up - and fight for a different digital future"

"The Age of Surveillance Capitalism' by Shoshana Zuboff

Below reading will open your mind.

'The Rhetoric of Reaction: Perversity, Futility, Jeopardy' Albert O. Hirschman
'Invisible Hands: The Businessmen's Crusade Against the New Deal' Kim Phillips-Fein
"Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right" Jane Mayer
'White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America' by Nancy Rosenberg
'The Making of Donald Trump' by David Cay Johnston

'Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain' by David Eagle man
'The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark' Carl Sagan
'Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming' Naomi Orestes, Erik M. M. Conway
'The Plot to Hack America: How Putin’s Cyberspies and WikiLeaks Tried to Steal the 2016 Election' by Malcolm Nance

For history check out, a deep penetrating look in a tough topic.

'Hitler's Willing Executioners' Daniel Goldhagen

"So he lent her books. After all, one of life's best pleasures is reading a book of perfect beauty; more pleasurable still is rereading that book; most pleasurable of all is lending it to the person one loves: Now she is reading or has just read the scene with the mirrors; she who is so lovely is drinking in that loveliness I've drunk." William T. Vollmann

Here are some you missed, but sorely need:

1. Bork's "Slouching Toward Gomorrah

2. West's "American Betrayal"

3. Goldberg's "Liberal Fascism"

All are scholarly and well-documented.

For extra credit:

1613320050311.png

Forum List

Back